Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zoonie

Drop in and say HI Thread

I arrive about noon tomorrow and am renting a car, Will drive to Tanya's house and since she will be working, Kijo will be greeting me. Sophie and crew arrive at around 5 in the evening, I believe and we will go collect them from the airport. Sometime between noon and 5 Tanya gets home from work.

It is so exciting. Will log on often over the weekend to see how it is going. Post loads of pics so we will all feel that we are with you.

wellI will be bringing my camera. I hate posing for pictures but then months later I regret not having any pictures of the good time

Sorry I dropped off, the router kept cutting out, so I decided to go for it and install the new one - well, what a performance, it's an update of the same model, but just not having it at all - so I had to undo and go back to the old one what a waste of my time!
(and I had to heft a really heavy antique desk as well)

Girls are doing fine thanks Marie.
As per usual ED is mulling over her career (it's like ground hog day)

wonder why the new router is not working? Are you trying to go wireless? Does your provider give you high enough speed to support the wireless?

I dont like getting my photo taken either, I always look so scared, have loads taken recently with the grandchildren. cant afford to miss this special time, they are gworing up so quickly

Gill you are so good with these things, I wouldnt have a clue, I'm sure you will have it sorted in no time.

I have to go do some mpore of this horrible laundry.. back in a few

I do have wireless Frannie, but to install it I was hard wired in.
My speed is so slow anyway the bit that drops when I'm not, is hardly noticeable.

Going to make a sandwich and a cup of tea BRB xx

I am going to do a quick grocery shop, will try to pop back later. Have agreat trip Frannie & Gill hope you get the router sorted real soon. Bye for now

Did you bring supplies Marie?
(I just have apple juice)

I'm going to have to go sorry - not sure when I'll be back as it depends on the routers - if you don't see me, you know why! (violence may be involved)
Have a nice day ladies x

well I'm back.. that little laundry load required a trip for soap grrrrrr which of course emant I may as well shop for other things I needed while there.. so 2 hours later, here I am.... wondering if Gill got the router going?

Gosh Frannie - darn it - miss you again!!
Will check back every few mins (making an early dinner)

sniffing.. trying to figure out what Sharon is making for dinner. It's not Friday so it's not curry, but what can it be?

LMAO - no it's spaghetti bolognese !
Sorry for delay - was on phone re: funeral etc
Glad you're here Fran - and thanks for the good wishes (and gift)

mm spaghetti... hard to go wrong with that.. Will funeral be in Scotland?

It's so very warm here these past few days... 95 today

brb need to hang up the load of laundry and switch out load. This has been an all day project

it still amazes me that one grown man can wear so many clothes in a week. I know for a fact that I did his shirts last week. I hung up 16 shirts just now... does that make sense?

ok well,.. I understand how busy you must be right now Sharon.. Nothing but good wishes for you and OH.. going to start another load

You know that's funny cos we were having the same conversation. My hall has 3 cases in it - one hlf full of my work clothes from travelling, the other with OH's from travelling and the one we brought back from Nice the other weekend which still need to be cleaned!!
How can we even HAVE so many clothes ??

this is like the quietest night I have ever worked....... and SLOW.

I just wanted to stop by and wish the ladies going to FLA a fantastic weekend...lots of love and hugs.

So sorry not to have been by lately but my life is manic just now, both at work and at home. We have managed to get away most weekends and poor Sparkle is home alone most of the time.

wishing everyone well xx

DAAAAAAAAAWWWWN!!!!

WAH! I missed you. : C

Hope you are getting along splendidly, and can't wait to catch up with you soon!

eep..... was checking in to see if anyone was online thistime of day........ I suppose not. o___O

Darn missed everyone again.
So excited for BG .....
Gill - where are you - I miss you (whining voice LOL)

Hi guys, finally managed to get myself online, so dropping by real quick to say hello :-) So strange to live in a completely different time zone (but I could get used to California to be honest).

Frannie, I read back: about the earthquake: we didn't notice a thing as we were in JFK that time, or up in the sky. No after shocks or whatever, so we're good :-)

Weather here is NICE! Am really happy, cos I was so worried it was gonna be too hot for me, but I could get pretty used to this climate here in California.

Been to six flags yesterday - rollercoasters all the way! Screamed my lungs out hehehe, but I had sooo much fun!

Gonna see if I can get a hold on the homefront now.

Hope you are all okay!

Shoot I missed you Sophie. Oh well, will SEE you tomorrow. Safe flight

Woo hoo BG in califaornia - cool !
sounds like u're having a great time and how cool that you're gonna see Frannie!!
Have a fab time you guys

HI Friends! It's been a hectic week so I havent had much time to check in.

I can't wait to see the pics from the Florida meetup ... if anyone wants to visit Los Angeles, I have a guest room! :p

Oh, and YES I felt the earthquake!!

just about to head out and get those Belgium kids now. : D

Currently they are Flying over Texas.

YAY - I'm with Mindy - post pics asap Kijo ! So excited for y'all that you are gonna get to meet up. Hope you al have a wonderful time :-)

hello my Dear Dear friends, just wanted to let you know the my PC did a loud pop and now every thing is back to normal lol don't know what happened but what ever it was worked the main point is that i am now able to come back here

Armell - Hey - I'm just about to go watch a movie, but hope you're ok (apart from the teeth). Hope to see you and chat before you go on vacation

Evening Everyone,

Curry, garlic bread ,beer & FOOTIE........Whats not to like......

Hope you are all well.

Come on Spain xxx

Marie, not a great game so far.

Evening everyone - lovely your PC fixed itself, the way you describe it is like trapped wind! (gas) rofl.

Will try and read back tomorrow, I have my new router, but have had such problems like you wouldn't believe Sad
Expect me when you see me and don't worry if you don't is the best I can say for now - sorry.

Love to everyone, can't wait to see pics of the meet up xxx

hope everyone had nice weekend - we had the last of sunshine for a while as I was greeted with heavy rain this morning. On the bright side at least it's not sticky anymore.

Hope you gals having a great time in Florida and I too look forward seeing pictures

I'm currently organizing weekend trip to Bath in mid August with group of people I've met through Elephant parade - so far we have 8 gals and 5 guys confirmed, train tickets purchased and hostel booked. This should be fun! We are going on Lion safari - yes the whole country got animal crazy and after elephants now there are rhinos, lions, toads, dragons, donkeys (not live yet), penguins (already finished) - wonder what other animals will be out there

How fun Bee! that sounds awesome!

Down in Ferindina we found SHRIMPS everywhere!!! (I counted at least 6 anyways) of little shrimp statues dressed up. (pirate, rock star, ect)
We needed to take pictures of them. Was going to yesterday, but it was raining. Hopefully we can take those snaps for you, cause everyone thought of you when we saw them.

Yesterday was a LONG day (i think everyone was still tired from the night before....) We first headed off to Amelia Island (Ferendina) and went to the ocean. AS soon as we got there, it seemed like it was gonna pour. It held out for quite a bit though..... we took lots of pics of the beach (though no one actually went out onto it) Tried to take pics of lightning, ect.

Took a driving tour of the rest Of Fernindina, and ate lunch at this nice little "hole in the wall" place. because the world cup was going on, and Lizzie didnt want to see the score, we sat out side (had rained a litle bit ago) It was nice the entire time we ate, and no one had any empty plates when leaving, right when it was tie to go, it started to rain!

So after that....(trying to remember) we went to a couple of stores, and then headed on home.

I (with a lot of help from both Sophie and Tan Tan) cooked dinner while most everyone was keeping up with watching Spain win the world cup.
I think we all ate so much that day our tummies were on the verge of exploding. Laughing

But that was most of the day. Not sure what is the plan for today. We were going to go out on the boat, but it seems rain is the all day forecast for today. we talked about going shopping, so not sure what is all in store for today. Sophie and company still have all day today, and then they leave tomorrow back to CA around 5:00PM.

Good morning! The kids are sleeping. I'm watching all of Tanya's cats put on a show. I believe it's feeding time but I'll save that task for kijo. Am sleeping well, but as usual, last to go to sleep and first awake. We are not going sailing today, storms expected.

@ Armell welcome back and glad your computer has fixed itself
@ Gill hope you get your internet problems sorted soon.
@ Bee how wonderful you've fallen in with this group of safari friends. Sounds looked fun!
@ sharon hope all is well with you and yours
And likewise to Marie.
Mindy I just never ever catch you anymore but hope you are happy and well,