Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zoonie

Drop in and say HI Thread

Oh well... i guess maybe you are right... am juist thinking its the 6th month........

sorry sweets! : D

Bee wrote:
I was looking into ESTA today myself - still thinking of going ot US next year. I've read that they should start charing for it from begining of September so I might apply for one anyway.

Really, are they going to do that??
Well, I applied for mine yesterday and the expiration date is 2 years

inu-kijo wrote:
Oh well... i guess maybe you are right... am juist thinking its the 6th month........

sorry sweets! : D

Well, you know I suck at maths, so I might be wrong : D

30 more minutes, and I get to go cuddle with my demon kittie

another hot lovely day (and I'm stuck in office with no aircon and roadwork outside of my window).

Hope you all doing well

Aaagh Bee that sounds rough.

It is absolutely scorchio here and yesterday that affected me badly, plus my shoulder's playing me up again, booo.

Yesterday I had so many connection problems that I just gave up in the end Sad

YD has been on the phone today, about half seven - she'd been up two hours then already, worrying about her day ahead. He Manager's on holiday and they're having a branch audit while she's in charge...big day for her (fingers crossed)

Hello Zoonie

hope all goes well for YD at work and you shoulder will get better soon.
I strangely have sore throat and bit of nasty chesty cough last few days (not what I would expect in heat like that).

I was here for a bit in the morning but then got quite busy with work Sad
My boss will be leaving in about an hour or so so he's piliing more and more stuff on my desk to be done while he's away.
Well I definitely won't be bored next week Laughing

Seems the same's happening to you as to YD!

I think the high pollen count has made lots of sore throats etc. have you had any hot lemon and honey?

I can't believe it, I've pegged all my washing out and now it's gone really dull here, and the sky looks a bit stormy - how weird!

not today.
I don't really suffer high-fever so I was bit puzzled as to why I would get a sore throat the moment we finally have temperatures in mid 20s. I'll live.

It's suppose to get really hot over the weekend with temperatures close to 28. Maybe we really have a summer here congratulations

If on off chance it will rain it's probably just be one of those summer showers - quick and short.

I've never had hay fever before until this year, and OH got it first in his 30s, you just never know.

Got to love and leave you - just discovered he put the milk in the fridge lying down. It'd been opened, and it was a large one - it's nowhere near as large now most of it's wandering around the fridge on its own YUCK!

later xxx

Good morning. Not staying, but was checking and here you 2 are!

Morning Mindy, it was quarter to five my time, so I was dreaming congratulations

This morning am having breakfast, getting ready for weekend shopping and then later tonight watching the USA play Ghana at the world cup!

Am still sneezing and wiping runny eyes from hay fever, temps today predicted to get to 90°F - and only the other evening IMOM wanted to put the central heating on!

GRRR trying to play
PS and keep getting Save Failed. I haven't tried to Save!

It's like Ground Hog day in there!!!

No better in my own account, and breakfast's done, so I'm giving up and getting ready to go out -
have a nice Saturday everyone x

Dropping bu to say hello, not staying Smile
BF is here for the weekend, so will be spending my time with him
Enjoying the weather - it's sooo lovely!

Hope you're all doing good

hi friends!

Does anyone know if the happy kitty plushie is still findable? I've been desperate for one and can't believe how many coins I've spent on it.

And for the enchanted forest, I have tons of pixie floors and would like to trade for a wallpaper, if anyone is interested! congratulations

Morning, don't know what's wrong with my computer. I posted a reply and it hasn't shown, and in PS I've only got half a screen (the left side) so I can't save or anything!

Hope you have a lovely day BG - it's wonderful here too.

Sorry I can't help Mindy - haven't even looked at the Treasure feature in PS, in fact, have hardly played at all.
Speaking of which, despite logging in every day, have really noticed that the lottery's been very mean of late - is it just me, or has everyone found the same?

morning Gill, same thing happened to me with the half screen...

my l key is not working right, either, so if I miss one from time to time pease excuse me!

ahh you must have *eft a*ready. I need to go find a brush and try to get out whatever is under that stupid key

No, we just had a brief power cut Frannie! - if that happens this afternoon when the match is on, we'll be in the car, driving like crazy to see where it's been screened in a pub or something.

Bad luck on the States going out of the tournament last night.

My Q key is sticking, but luckily don't need to make so much use of it Laughing

How are you?

oo you're back. a*most gave up on you. Yeah I actua**y watched the match too

Too bad, but to be fair, I did think the Ghanaians played better football - more instinctive and with more flair.

Are you familiar with all the rules Frannie?

scary business popping a key off, but I am getting tired ofthis lappy overheating figured what did i have to lose?

Zoonie wrote:
Too bad, but to be fair, I did think the Ghanaians played better football - more instinctive and with more flair.

Are you familiar with all the rules Frannie?

not really sure how all the rules worked, but knew enough to understand the game. We were in a pub, I was eating fish and chips, felt so British!

congratulations how funny! soul sisters - today we're eating Italian

It can be hard to see how the game's going if you can't see all the pitch at once - the offside rule for example.

How did it go with the key? ok? mine isn't so bad that I need to do that yet, I have a little brush from a man's electric razor kit, and that does a bit of a clean sweep now and then, or, I turn the laptop upside down, shake and blow lol.

By the way, I'm multi tasking, playing at working out the formation we should play this afternoon, and surfing the net for a new hairdryer!

truly truly multitasking. The key worked great.. i placed my nail under it, (need a re-polish anyway) and flipped it right up.. Sure enough there was a huge toast crumb under it and it was right near where the center is. A brush would not have gotten it.

I'm going to grab a quick smoke, and you can finish some of those tasks. Hope to see you when I get back

maybe I shouldn't eat toast when playing games, eh?.. brb

LOL, no toast - toast is banned now unless you employ a sweeper movement out to the side of the keyboard

Am checking reviews for various hairdryers, figure I have more chance than I do deciding on the England team lol.

I am back...

getting very excited about meeting Kijo Tanya and Sophie etal

What's the date of that Frannie?
I haven't seen anything of Tanya in ages and ages.

We meet on Saturday the tenth.. together until the 13th for Sophie.. then I leave early on the 14th

I sent Kitty one of the pixie dresses from the enchanted forest thing

LOL just noticed you have the three lions sitting on saucers in Zoonies house. You must have gotten tired of rearranging them and took a page from my book!. Tell me the significance of the three lions? Is it an England thing or a team thing?

finally getting sleepy again. Been up three hours now after only four hours sleep

Sorry lost my connection there.

Thank You, I'll collect the dress later, connection willing.

The lion is a symbol in English heraldry, but it's also been adopted as the English football squad motif, as you can see on the football kit, their badge has three lions on it, and the team are known as the three lions - there's even a football supporters song Three Lions on my Shirt!

My three lions are blocking the English goal to all comers Laughing hence the saucer trick!

ahhh alright! thanks for explaining that. Doubt I'll be watching the game this afternoon, but if I do, will cheer your team on.

Gill, am going to head back to bed. Sorry

Lyrics

♫It's coming home,
It's coming home,
It's coming,
Football's coming home...
Everyone seems to know the score,
They've seen it all before,
They just know,
They're so sure,
That England's Gonna throw it away,
Gonna blow it away,
But know they can play,
'Cause I remember...
Three Lions on a shirt,
Jules Rimet still gleaming,
Thirty years of hurt,
Never stopped me dreaming.
So many jokes, so many sneers,
But all those oh-so-nears,
Wear you down,
Through the years,
But I still see that tackle by Moore,
And when Linekar scored,
Bobby belting the ball,
And Nobby Dancing...
Three Lions on a shirt,
Jules Rimet still gleaming,
Thirty years of hurt,
Never stopped me dreaming.
It's coming...
Three Lions...♫

The names are of some of our famous players. 30 years of hurt refers to us last winning the WC in 1966 (lyrics need upgrading lol) and Jules Rimet? see here

The World Cup is a gold trophy that is awarded to the winners of the FIFA World Cup. Since the advent of the World Cup in 1930, two trophies have represented victory: the Jules Rimet Trophy from 1930 to 1970, and the FIFA World Cup Trophy from 1974 to the present day.

The trophy, originally named Victory, but later renamed in honour of former FIFA president Jules Rimet, was made of gold plated sterling silver and lapis lazuli and depicted Nike, the Greek goddess of victory. Brazil won the trophy outright in 1970, prompting the commissioning of a replacement. The Jules Rimet Trophy was stolen in 1983 and never recovered. The replacement trophy, the FIFA World Cup Trophy, was first used in 1974. Made of 18 carat gold with a malachite base, it depicts two human figures holding up the Earth. The current holder of the trophy is Italy, winner of the 2006 World Cup.
<--- will also need to be updated!

There's more on Wiki

Dream of them winning Frannie, that'll do! Smile
Thank you.

See you soon cxo

thanks for the lullaby... though I imagine it's a rousing song!