Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kasijab

Going on holiday

Well, the time is almost here at long last. On Friday I leave for Southampton (about a 6 hour drive) ready to embark on my cruise holiday on Saturday.

I will be visiting

Vigo (Spain)
Lisbon (Portugal)
Gibraltar
Barcelona (Spain)
Provence (France)
Palma De Mallorca (Spain)
Seville (Spain)

We also have 5 days spent at sea ...so lots of relaxation there I hope. Anybody been to these places ...anything we should definately see ..or give a miss to? Any advise welcome

Have great holidays Kasi!!

I'd love to go on a cruise! I've never been to any of those places, but Sevilla has to be AMAZING!! I'm really looking forward to hear from you when you'll come back!!

Enjoy your trip!!

Be careful in Barcelona, I hear that the pickpockets there are notorious.

Have a lovely time. I've never been to any of those places, but I am certain that you will have a wonderful trip.

Tiddly Winks wrote:
Be careful in Barcelona, I hear that the pickpockets there are notorious.

Have a lovely time. I've never been to any of those places, but I am certain that you will have a wonderful trip.

I've also read this on a cruise forum I belong to. Will leave most things onboard and just take necessities, and have bought a special handbag with steel inserts in shoulder strap so they cant just cut through it and locking zips ... a pain to open when needed but safer!

oh, I didn't see Barcelona was on the list! I went there on a school trip years ago... Not my favourite city, but for sure it's worth a sightseeing!

If you have a chance, you should visit Parc Guell by Antonio Gaudi which is beautiful and the Magic Fountain in Plaza de Espana, some day (maybe oin the weekend, I can't remember) they do a show with colours and music, it's really amazing!

Have a fabulous time! And please report back on the oranges in Seville!
(Isn't Barcelona where the strange Gaudi buildings are?)

Guest Guest
kasijab wrote:
Vigo (Spain)
Lisbon (Portugal)
Gibraltar
Barcelona (Spain)
Provence (France)
Palma De Mallorca (Spain)
Seville (Spain)

Wow, so many places! Have the greatest time!!!!

I've never been on a cruise but I'd quite like to go actually but hope you have an amazzzzzzzing holiday Audrey, bring us back some good weather here in the UK congratulations

Buen viaje Kasi, hope you will practice a little spanish
I would love to visit those cities, my sister was in Madrid, she visited historical places and museums some time ago, she felt like in home since they speak same language than us Laughing

Vigo: it's not a very beautiful city and it's small, but it has some old zones very picturesque. If you like seafood, you will love to be there congratulations

Barcelona: you cannot lose any Gaudi building, not only Parc Güell (amazing park, but a little bit far from the port), but also the Sagrada Familia (it's like a cathedral, but it's not the real one) and the Casa Batlló (an Art Nouveau house). You should also visit the wonderful aquarium in the port and the Ramblas (a huge "street" for people where you can find spectacles and tons of people). Be careful with the prices, it's a very expensive city.

Palma de Mallorca: it's a very turistic place. You will enjoy the coves in the coast, the warm weather and you should visit the cathedral too.

Sevilla: you must visit the Giralda (a religious tower), the Torre del Oro (tower of gold) and the Plaza de España (if you were a Star Wars fan, you would remember that from Attack of the Clones) Laughing

I hope this helps

Have a wonderful time there!!!

WoWie!! wOwiE!!! WOW WOW WOW!!! what a fabulous trip! i hope you have a really really great time!!! WOW!!! really great ports!!! please please please share some pics with us when you return!!

safe travels!!
xoxo

Ursula wrote:
Vigo: it's not a very beautiful city and it's small, but it has some old zones very picturesque. If you like seafood, you will love to be there congratulations

Barcelona: you cannot lose any Gaudi building, not only Parc Güell (amazing park, but a little bit far from the port), but also the Sagrada Familia (it's like a cathedral, but it's not the real one) and the Casa Batlló (an Art Nouveau house). You should also visit the wonderful aquarium in the port and the Ramblas (a huge "street" for people where you can find spectacles and tons of people). Be careful with the prices, it's a very expensive city.

Palma de Mallorca: it's a very turistic place. You will enjoy the coves in the coast, the warm weather and you should visit the cathedral too.

Sevilla: you must visit the Giralda (a religious tower), the Torre del Oro (tower of gold) and the Plaza de España (if you were a Star Wars fan, you would remember that from Attack of the Clones) Laughing

I hope this helps

Have a wonderful time there!!!

Thank you everyone for the comments ..Ursula that helps a lot, thank you. Will probably take a milllion phots ...of course will share a few with you. Getting excited now, but still lots to do today and haven't started packing yet though it is all laid out on the spare bed ready. Hubby packs cos he says I'm a messy packer !!