Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hinapasha

OMG! I'm such an idiot!

Some of you already know that I'm a tad slow sometimes, but I finally just realized something. The reason why it's harder now to get 999's, and don't pretend it isn't harder, is to make us reach a point where we will buy cc's in order to trade. In the past I have done almost all of my trades using 999's as currency. Now that the probability of getting a 999 in a GMB has been considerably lowered (and the off-line trick no longer works), it's not practical for me to use 999's as currency anymore. The only options I have left are to spend hours everyday scrubbing dirty pets like a woman obsessed in order to buy 3333's to trade with or to buy cc's to trade with. HA! That is so not gonna happen. If PF wants to make people crazy trying to get items like the dancing ballerina then so be it, but their evil plan is not going to force me into giving them my money. Go ahead and make items impossible for me to have PF. The only possible way that story will end is a bored me.

In all fairness to playfish it might also be to try and discourage trading.

Playfish have always stated that the game was not desinged to be used for trading, or making money, but simply to decorate your pets home and visit neighbours

Unfortunaltey, majority of people actually seem to be more interested in the tradign side of it. To the point where we feel we should buy every item every week, incase we can sell it at a later point...rather than just buying what we actually like

lea75 wrote:

Playfish have always stated that the game was not desinged to be used for trading, or making money, but simply to decorate your pets home and visit neighbours

That was what I was thinking when the whole MB system was updated,but in some of the surveys I've taken, there were questions regarding trading so I just assumed PF was fine with it. Well, whatever the reason, I'm not going to go nuts trying to get items. I did once and used up almost all of my coins. But I still do think the changes they made will result in more profits for them in the long run.

Ps is a game simulating real life WITH PETS. Playfish did that on purpose... That said we trade in real life so we should be able to trade here as well.. Without trading and gifting it's just no fun...

lea75 wrote:

Unfortunaltey, majority of people actually seem to be more interested in the tradign side of it. To the point where we feel we should buy every item every week, incase we can sell it at a later point...rather than just buying what we actually like

This is how its difference from other game and make player find the game value right? If all the game is the same as what playfish has stated, I don't think you will see us in the forum?

Lucky Strike wrote:
Ps is a game simulating real life WITH PETS. Playfish did that on purpose... That said we trade in real life so we should be able to trade here as well.. Without trading and gifting it's just no fun...

I m totally agree! It make the adult like this game as well. Smile There are other game that encourage trading and end up become a success in the game world. Till now you will see many player still clich on this game. A good example should be WOW

Computron wrote:
lea75 wrote:

This is how its difference from other game and make player find the game value right? If all the game is the same as what playfish has stated, I don't think you will see us in the forum?

I agree with you...however not every ps player is a major trader. I rarely trade, I much prefer to just gift the items to friends
A lot of people still play PS how it was designed, and use the forums for general PS gossip and chat but hardly go into the trading section

*APPLAUSE*

They've upped the number of Boutique items and I'm just not giving in. I don't know if it's EA trying to make it into a paid game or what, but I'll quit before I spend real money on a Flash game. I pay for World Of Warcraft because that took effort to make and TONS of work to maintain - Pet Society is in two dimensions for goodness sake. I'm not spending cash on paper dolls!

:dirol: