Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lea75

Bed time battles :(

I'm trying to get my youngest out of the habbit of sleeping in my bed and boy is it a battle!

I bought her a big girls bed to try and get her to sleep in her own room. Last night was her first night in it, and she went to sleep in it, but only with me lying in it with her, then when she woke up in the night, I lied with her again until she went back to sleep.

Tonight I've managed to get her to go to sleep on her own, but only after many, many tears Sad She was worried because she didnt know where I was so I locked the front door, then put my house keys in her bedroom so she knew I couldnt go out anywhere....this seems to of worked as she then went straight to sleep

Fingers crossed that tomorrow night will be easier Sad

I've had a few bedtime battles with my son over sleeping in his own bed as well so I know how you feel Lisa. Hopefully the last night has been better for her and for you. It's always so hard when they get worried and stressed out at that age. It's also really hard on you when they get so worried about being alone. I found the only solution is to keep trying and talking to them. Although I have to admit that sometimes I still bring my son into bed with me. Hopefully she gets used to it soon.

Phoebe is 3...and to be honest she wasnt too bad the next couple of nights...once I figured out what she was worried about. She was worried about me not being there when she woke up, so when I put her to bed we lock the front door and then put my keys in her bedroom so she knows I cant go anywhere

I'm at Mums this week and I'm just hoping Phoebe is still going to be as good when I get back home and she goes back into her own bed Sad

that's my problem now lisa, until now the 2 girls sleep with me and my husband. my eldest wont sleep alone, my hubby bought for her bed and she never use it. she'll cry more and it makes me angry, its really difficult on my side now esp now that im pregnant, at the same time my youngest will also not sleep if not beside me, its really really hard on my side, as im also having hard time sleeping, kunooz is same phoebe, she woke up in the middle of the night and she's looking at her side if im still beside her if not, she'll not stop crying Sad