Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lucky Strike

Best hour to water plants

Real ones

I have a question... It's night or really really early??? It's NOT noon as the water dries... but really early and night it's almost the same.. I had read in the past which of the 2 is best but i really can't remember... I think it was night because it wouldn't be sun for muuuuch longer but i need the help of a plant lover!

Anyone??

During the summer, we water plants after the sun goes down. The water soaks into the ground. Not so good in the AM as the sun evaporates the water. All depends on the season.

Right now we don't do any water as it comes down for free!

i know "they" say not to water plants when the sun is out and shining brightly in the daytime, but i find that if i don't water my plants when it's really hot out, they start to wilt and look sickly.

if i water my plants (even when it's really hot outside) they do a lot better.
i do however, water my plants 2-3 times a day when it's really hot out because the water evaporates so quickly. i know, it's bad and i should be more "green" but i love my plants since i plant only the ones that i can eat, so i figure that is okay.. LOL!

but as stasia said, yeah, in the summer after the sun goes down before it gets dark is a good time to water them..

oh, and i wouldn't water them at night when it's cold. after all, would you want to be cold AND wet....at night??? i think not, and i don't think they would either!!! LaughingLaughingLaughing i'm crazy...what do i know!!! ba ha ha ha!!!

you should always water plants in the evening.

If you water them in the morning and the plants are still wet when the sun comes out then it can 'burn' the plants.

The plants have also been 'resting' all night so not in desperate need of water. It is the evening that they need it most, after a full day of sunlight

I water mine when they start to droop. Of course I only have indoor plants, so don't really know. I guess it's good to know this information so that when we do get a house, then we can keep these suggestions and water in the evening.

So basicaly the best hour is in the afternoonunless it's toooooooo hot so it needs to be done in the noon too right? yay! thank you!!!!

I agree with Lisa. I always water the plants in the evening, when the sun is low in the sky, to prevent the magnifying efect of the drops (I mean, the ones outside; the ones inside don't see too much sun rays).

Lucky Strike wrote:
So basicaly the best hour is in the afternoonunless it's toooooooo hot so it needs to be done in the noon too right? yay! thank you!!!!

you should never water your plants at noon, the sun will burn them Sad