Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gaiamaiden

Well, that didnt work lol

i bought a cat harness for my cat Luna today so i could start introducing her to the great outdoors. It took me a while to get the stupid thing on her, then i walked slowly outside and stood with her and then some stupid men who were shouting down the road scared the hell out of her and she lept out of my arms and ran back into the house taking the lead with her.
Just been trying to get it off her, ive managed to get half of it off but she is still walking around with the bit around her belly lol
oh well, it was worth a try lol

i don't think that EVER will work Laughing

cat;s haaaaaate those things!!! Laughing

but you're getting veeeery creative about the subject! congratulations

I think im better off just sitting by the back door and letting her walk around me into the garden and then just sitting with her lol

lol! I tried a harness on my cat, Aberdeen, once.
When I set him on the ground, he did the most magnificent leap - kind of a double back flip mid-air! And when he landed, he was completely free of the harness! Never tried it again.

Truthfully Stephanie, we've allowed our kitten outside but after a neighbor grabbed him thinking he was lost, putting out flyers and then getting the call from the man whom lives behind us, we've only allowed him outside on a leach and a tether.

I hope it doesn't sound cruel that we do that, but he's actually gotten quite used to it and allows me to easily attach him to it. He plays like he normally would, and has adapted quite well. We tried keeping him indoors all the time but he would try to get out so often and allowing him outside to have fun really makes a difference for him. He even liked the snow, and although I don't want him to get cold (barely 1mm of snow on the ground) he still wants to go out!

It takes cats a little while to get used to it, but hopefully you can ease her into the harness. Hope this helps.

I think some cats take to harnesses better than others, i think Luna is just one of these cats that will hate it no matter what lol
I took her out this morning....well, i stood by the back door and she tip-toed out and walked a little to the left down the path and then a little to the right and then back indoors again lol
i think she is too attached to me and she wont go far, so im just going to let her out for a few minutes every morning just to get her confidence up. She knows where her "mummy" is and her food lol

DO you have a big garden?

If so you can somehow make her a "house"..

We have a cat here too that i think it's either persian or angiras running around the streets but i think she must have a home and well.. she simply is free

How old is your cat? DO you live in an area with a lot of car movement?

Cats adapt easily and aaaalways turn back were is their food.. That's the way to adopt a street cat even.. have food near buy and pet her and no matter what they always return (i live in an apartememnt but bellow we have a big gardena dn over the years we have kept maaaaany cats this way)

Lucky Strike wrote:
We have a cat here too that i think it's either persian or angiras running around the streets but i think she must have a home and well.. she simply is free

That reminds me of a book I saw called, "The cats of Greece"!