Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tiddly Winks

RIP Leslie Nielsen

I don't know if many of you knew this, but I am a total nut. At least that is what my friends who know me say. But, today I heard that one of my favorite actors passed away. Sad When Sven told me, I was completely unable to believe it. Leslie Nielsen was one of the funniest comic actors I had ever seen. His sarcastic humor and wit was just something that appealed ot me, and he was versed in dramatic acting as well as comedy.

His role is Airplane! is one that I will personally never forget. That movie is one of my all time favorites, and it had several of the actors I enjoyed watching over the years. I know he was in in 80's and had lived a nice long life, but he was someone that I always felt would be around forever.

This world has lost another comical genius. May he rest in peace.

OMG!!! I didnt know until i saw your post!!! He was a fantastic actor! So funny in Naked Gun! OMG i cant believe it Sad
RIP X

Guest Guest

Yes, it's a sad day for comedy, and for Canada (he was a Canadian).
Sad
Every time the news comes on they talk about it, on every Canadian channel. It's a sad day.
He is one of the few Canadian to have a Star on the Canadian Walk of Fame and on the Hollywood Walk of Fame as well. He will be sadly missed, but all the wonderful work he has done over the years will be watched... probably forever, since he has made so many timeless movies like "Airplane" and "Naked Gun".

I'm absolutely in shock right now, when Hubby told me about his passing last night I just couldn't believe it. Like you Yvette, I just imagine he would be around forever. He was so amazingly talented and I really enjoyed him and his movies. This is just so sad! Sad

I couldnt believe when I heard he was 84!!

He always seemed to me to never age! A great comedian... R.I.P.

R.I.P. Leslie! Sad He was a funny man and by coincidence I was watching one of my favorites-"Dracula-Dead and Loving It" last week! His funny films will always bring a smile to my face and to countless others. congratulations