Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ayathon

Can someone help me?

I am thinking that I am going crazy, I have this sleep disorder and this is making me nuts.

There's a time that I can completely feel that I am wide awake I can open my eyes and see my bedroom but the thing is my body is paralyzed, I can't really moved a single finger. I try to scream and I am hearing my voice, but my mother and my brother says that they haven't really heard me shout.
It is like something wants or putting me back to sleep.

I have already google it. And I have read something that it has something to do with spirits. ( oh, boy that article is really making me panic.)

And there's an article saying that it has something to do with REM atonia. ( which is much near to reality and it is more credible that the spirit thing. )

It happened to me most of the night. Actually it just happened to me awhile ago ( its midnght here now ) I just decide to open my laptop because I am afraid that same thing occur again.

I am afraid that I won't wake up again if this thing happened again

I looked it up and this is what possible causes are:

Migraine prior to falling asleep,
High Levels of Stress,
Lack of Sleep
A type of Dream that you were having that influenced you a great deal.

The sites I looked at suggested going to seeing a doctor.

I really hope that you can figure out whats causing this to happen to you sweetie, don't panic, try to relax before falling back to sleep.

Hello Ayathon! How old are you? Did this happen to you before? How many times? Are you stressed?What is your health condintion generally? Rapid eye movement (REM) sleep behavior disorder (RBD) is a sleep disorder characterized by loss of normal voluntary muscle atonia during REM sleep associated with complex motor behavior while dreaming. sleep-regulating nuclei, particularly the pontine tegmentum, are thought to be involved iin the pathogenesis of RBD. Also a complex interplay of various neurochemical systems such as noradrenergic, cholinergic, and serotonergic systems, seems to existt in the pathogenesis of RBD. If this happens again go to see a doctor! RBD is frequently associated with neurodegenerative disorders. Possibly it is caused by high levels of stress in your case. Dont panic and dont think about spirits because 1. this is not true and 2. this makes you worse! hope it will not happen to you again

You should see a doctor so he can diagnose you correctly and put you on the right treatment. Did you told this to your parents?

xZinax wrote:
Hello Ayathon! How old are you? Did this happen to you before? How many times? Are you stressed?What is your health condintion generally? Rapid eye movement (REM) sleep behavior disorder (RBD) is a sleep disorder characterized by loss of normal voluntary muscle atonia during REM sleep associated with complex motor behavior while dreaming. sleep-regulating nuclei, particularly the pontine tegmentum, are thought to be involved iin the pathogenesis of RBD. Also a complex interplay of various neurochemical systems such as noradrenergic, cholinergic, and serotonergic systems, seems to existt in the pathogenesis of RBD. If this happens again go to see a doctor! RBD is frequently associated with neurodegenerative disorders. Possibly it is caused by high levels of stress in your case. Dont panic and dont think about spirits because 1. this is not true and 2. this makes you worse! hope it will not happen to you again

Oh sweety thank you, I am 20 yrs old now. Yeah this has started to happen when I was 15 and then when I turned 17 it happened again and frequently it is happening to me most of the night. I have told my parents about it even my relatives but, man they were pain in my neck they didn't believed me that I need to see a doctor, they believed that it is a spirit thing too.. they said I have my 3rd eye opened. ( LOL, people at my place are weird )

But, maybe I will just give it a try and convinced them that I should really see a doctor. And besides I don't even believed that it has something to do with spirits.. Smile tnx again Hun for clearing my though. Smile

myladyyawo wrote:
I looked it up and this is what possible causes are:

Migraine prior to falling asleep,
High Levels of Stress,
Lack of Sleep
A type of Dream that you were having that influenced you a great deal.

The sites I looked at suggested going to seeing a doctor.

I really hope that you can figure out whats causing this to happen to you sweetie, don't panic, try to relax before falling back to sleep.
Thank you for helping me out.

I am sick right now, I have a slight fever and a cold. My head is totally aching. But I have enough sleep. ( oh, boy I forgot to open My PS yesterday because my mom wont let me use my PC and Laptop. )
Thank you for your concern, I have searched it and It says that it is a sleep disorder called Sleep Paralyzed.
I will see a doctor soon.

hi aiya,
just read ur problem. honestly i hv not done any research or hv any scientific explanation for this but..err...just for some sharing.. i m a chinese and in m y family, there's a very old belief dat we (my family) when we were very young. i do not know whether this is a made-up story, a story to scare little kids or it's a passed down kinda belief. anyway, just to share.... my sister had ur experience before but only once in a very blue moon.

from what i heard from her is:
scientific explanation was she too stressed. non-scientific explanations were either she was sleeping directly under a spider on a web (a belief we had) or it's like wat u said spirit...

for my family, we believe that if we sleep directly under a spider on a web, its shadow will make us feel an object directly laid on us which make us hard to breath n hence hard to move. honestly i do not hv such experience b4 n hence can't comment much n fyi, my sis did not find any spider on the ceiling directly above her bed. nonetheless, she changed her sleeping position, ie instead of laying flat on the bed facing the ceiling, she try to sleep sideways. the very last time she told me was dat she chanted religiously n the 'thing' left.

somehow, i feel dat ur sleeping disorders shd b caused by ur stress n the sleeping position...hope u get well soon!

Right, let your parents know about this and go to see a neurorogist. He may suggest a computed tomography. Just to be sure you are ok !

ayathon wrote:
xZinax wrote:

Oh sweety thank you, I am 20 yrs old now. Yeah this has started to happen when I was 15 and then when I turned 17 it happened again and frequently it is happening to me most of the night. I have told my parents about it even my relatives but, man they were pain in my neck they didn't believed me that I need to see a doctor, they believed that it is a spirit thing too.. they said I have my 3rd eye opened. ( LOL, people at my place are weird )

But, maybe I will just give it a try and convinced them that I should really see a doctor. And besides I don't even believed that it has something to do with spirits.. Smile tnx again Hun for clearing my though. Smile

Oh sweety i just missed your post, im still sleepy. If you have these symptoms, go to see a neurologist now, even without your parents. Don't listen to people because it is hard to understand, this is complicated issue. You did well researching this problem. Your doctor will get your clinical picture and help you better than anyone!