Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lazar

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so stupid! I went into one group on facebook and it asked me to install something. I was so stupid and didn't even think of a virus and installed it. Now I keep sending links to my fb friends. How do I stop this? I've installed anti malaware program and scanning my pc at the moment but I am not sure it will help... Sad

which anti-malaware are you using?

You should run a complete anti-virus scan. Then run an anti-malaware programme. I use malaware bytes which is really good.

If neither of these find anything then the only other option is to run them while your programme is in safe mode, as virus' often 'hide' behind other programmes your pc runs

I use Malawarebytes as well.
 untitl10.png

I have AVG anti virus program, so I will scan my pc now.

Thank u or the help. Smile

use avast and get a anti spyware like spybot.

Go throught your facebook settings and see if there is any apps that you dont recognise. In the meantime put a message on your facebook telling everyone not to accept anything from you until its sorted and also dont log into anyting just incase its key logging.

You have to be so careful with thease things. Thats why i dont accept many apps.

be careful with spybot as it can cause lagging and locking up of your pc.

It is also not a free programme, you need to buy the discs, and any downloads you find for free are not going to be the most up to date versions

esperia, not yet, my comp is still being scanned by AVG

sarah and lisa, thank you for your tips.

@sarah, it's not an app that I've got a virus, it's a fb page that I've already reported. (I think it's called 50 facts that you didn't know)

When my comp finishes scanning I will run an anti malaware again. Smile

ohhh soooooo sorry for you Lazar.......well don't know what you can do......that didn't happend to me still......

I've been using antivir as my main antivirus scanner and lavasoft as my antipsyware program.

They both work rather well.

There are a lot of versions of anti virus and anti malaware software out there, and to be honest the majority do the same thing...they all work well, and will keep your PC safe and virus free...as long as you make sure they are kept up to date and run scans frequently

The only reason I recommend malaware is becaues my Uncle recommeded it to me, and as he works in internet security I tend to trust him lol.

OK you aint gonna believe this, but I've succesfully removed the virus!
And it wasn't enough, so I've reported all similar FB pages and now I can finally rest!

Thank you so much everyone, especially Lisa, for always recommending Anti Malaware, because it's really the best one yet!

I hope this thread helps PSFC-ers with a similar issue. Smile

I don't think it's a virus. If you install a app on facebook it keeps posting on your wall. if you don't like it, I think there was an option for the app not to post on your wall.
Anyway, AVG is one of the best anti-virus programs. If you have prblems in future like that, use it. Smile