Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lazar

Found out a few days ago that I have claustrophobia!

A few days ago we had a concert with our big orchestra in a small local town near Belgrade. When we got there, it was pretty amazing. Everything was new, the walls were white and clean etc. The only problem was the small dressing room. It was so tight that only 4 people could go in it. But there was 10 of us violinists. There wasn't any other dressing room for us, so all 10 of us had to come in there.

I've put my violin case next to the wall in a corner of the room and then I saw that the door was blocked by my friends and that the room was crawling with them. I've had the most weird and in the same time worst feeling ever. I thought that I will never get out of there. I was paralyzed of the fear, and shortly after, my hands started to shake. My friends helped me to open the case and I got out of that room.

I never had an experience like this when I was younger.

Does anyone else have any phobias?

I have a phobia of heights and bugs including spiders.(except Butterflies and ladybugs). And phobia of the automatic door(the door that close and open when somebody passes by).

Tromo3 wrote:
I have a phobia of heights and bugs including spiders.(except Butterflies and ladybugs). And phobia of the automatic door(the door that close and open when somebody passes by).

We share the same bugphobia. When I see a cockroach (and believe me, there are lots of them in my kitchen) I immediately run away, without thinking of coming back.

Lazar wrote:
Tromo3 wrote:

We share the same bugphobia. When I see a cockroach (and believe me, there are lots of them in my kitchen) I immediately run away, without thinking of coming back.

Once at school a spider crawled on my hand when I saw it I screamed that in the classroom everyone else was more scared than me Laughing

And I have a fear of entering an elevator where my nightamre took place. It is in the skyscraper I used to live.

Tromo3 wrote:
Lazar wrote:
Tromo3 wrote:

Once at school a spider crawled on my hand when I saw it I screamed that in the classroom everyone else was more scared than me Laughing

And I have a fear of entering an elevator where my nightamre took place. It is in the skyscraper I used to live.

I am not even thinking of coming into an elevator any time soon. Except it's 10 meters long and wide Laughing

How come you didn't knew it sooner?

I'm phobia free

Tromo: what are you afraid of he automatic door? what do you do??

Lucky Strike wrote:
How come you didn't knew it sooner?

I'm phobia free

Tromo: what are you afraid of he automatic door? what do you do??

The door once almost smashed my hand(tehy squashed the sandwhich I had in my hand ) Now I just run through tehm to be as litttle as possible near the, (And my Favourite Shopping Center has only automatic doors )

i had something like that with the elevator door.. I have been squezed TWICE! So I also a bit more quickly or i put my hands first.. Same thing with the metro doors! hands 3-4 times, whole body 2-3 and my foot 1! Mad

I have a phobia of bats and lightening. My kids (and my Mum) all laugh at me during a thunder and lightening storm as I sit at the top of the stairs, as its the only place with no window lol

I forgot to mention my other phobia, but I dunno the word in English and Google translate translates it as My Bloody Valentine. It is the place where you enter a building where people live in flats and you got throught to go toyour flat.

I always coward when the lights are of and Usually run to turn the lights, cause mostly I feel bad energy in it.

Lightning, I remember it Laughing I used to turn the TV and PC if I heard lightning cause I was afraid it will hit teh TV and PC and Icouldn't than use them.

well i have phobia of mouses .........i hate them......one day we has seen mouse in classroom and i have jumped on a desk......LOL.......and didn't want to go down before mouse has gone away........LOL....also my phobia is for being alone...........i don't love to be alon and i am scared when my family isn't near.......... Ashamed

lea75 wrote:
I have a phobia of bats and lightening. My kids (and my Mum) all laugh at me during a thunder and lightening storm as I sit at the top of the stairs, as its the only place with no window lol

bats??? do you have many bats in your part of town???
eek, if you do, i'm sorry for you...i'd be afraid too!!!

i understand how you feel laz. i have a bit of claustrophobia myself. but mine is a bit different. i can't have anything blocking my feet or my legs. for example, anytime i get into the car, i can't have anything on the floor near my feet. if i can't move my feet freely around, i feel hot and dizzy and i get nauseated. i hate feeling this way and try things to get over it by putting my purse by my feet and telling myself i have plenty of space over and over again..it's getting better but it's still so annoying that i get that way.

just remind yourself that it's okay and that you are not going to die from being confined...(harder said than done...i know)