Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tiddly Winks

Fifty Years ago today.

I am a history buff, but I am also into Astronomy, which perhaps explains why I have taken to this week's theme with gusto. Now, I think I have found out the reason why it is we have a space theme this week. Did you all know that today marks the 50th anniversary of Yuri Gagarin's trip into space. I guess I have been so caught up on the recent events in the news, that I have sort of forgotten about something really cool and historical.

Of course, most of us weren't even around when this historic event happened, but if you were, how was it to find out that space was not beyond human reach? Do you think that it's coincidental that we have this particular theme during the week of Gagarin's history making flight?

Let's talk about it. Smile

I never knew that and normally i love reading historical stuff too congratulations
50 years ago wasnt really that long ago and look how far we have come! Amazing congratulations

Wow, I didn't realize that it was the anniversary of the first human into space! How cool is that? Look how far we've come in 50 years! Wow! I don't doubt that Pet society has some coincidence with this event congratulations

Hmm, probably PS choose this theme because of that, I remember reading about Yuri Gagarin loosing his mind after the trip due to have watched strange things in space, but I think they say that same thing of all people travelling to space Laughing

Tonight they are playing a bunch of documentaries about space and we're sitting here watching them.