Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
elfinshadow

Why Twilight?

I've read all the books...not a big fan, myself...except I enjoyed the last book...when Bella gets her powers, and all xD So well, I just wanted to know, out of curiosity, what do people like about the book? Smile Not being sarcastic...I mean to really find out what! Maybe I'll discover bits I liked about it, myself. So..umm...why Twilight? Smile

that is an excellent question! i've often asked myself that same question!!

i'm just "a little bit" obsessed with twilight and edward and jacob and carlisle Laughing ...i mostly love the story...the romance of it...how edward would do anything and everything for his love bella. i think in real life there really is NO man that would ever be that way and the only reason edward is that way is because a woman wrote the book!!! LOL. i think inside, all (or most) women want to feel that way from a man. if they ever do, in my opinion, it's short lived, but in twilight it's forever! it's a fantasy, it's romantic, there is heartbreak and love forever. it's just a damn good story...PLUS edward and jacob are so cute!!!

i just love it..sorry if that's not a very good reason for you.

just love twilight! embrace it!! Laughing
..yes, i'm a loon!

smorkle we have known for a long time you are a loon lol

I love the books for the same reason as Smorkle. To me the books are not so much about the whole vampire v werewolf thing, they are just a true love story!

It has a little of the Romeo and Juliet theme, two people (Bella and Edward) who are so different and shouldnt be together, but their love overcomes everything. And then you throw in Jacob to make a triangle to make it even more interesting.

There is also the pure devotion that Edward has for Bella, and how he always puts her first, and would do anything to make her happy. Its the type of romance you rarely see in real life Sad

Personally I think if you look at Twilight for the vampire side of things you will be disappointed, but if you read Twilight as a romance then you will love it Smile

Think this is why I love the books so much more than the films, the characters are shown a lot better in the books

Well yeah...we all would like that bit about Edward but...don't you think at times, it got a little annoying? What I didn't like about the book...and maybe what really turned me off...was how Bella seemed to be so desperate...and how she acted like when Edward left...it was a little too unrealstic...and difficult for me to accept, or relate to. I mean, seriously? And how quickly they fall in love, lol. I know it's just fiction- but it just didn't work for me. In the beginning, Edward seemed to annoy me to no end...and I was all TEAM JACOB...but I suppose, near the end...or the last book...I started liking Edward...it's just Bella was ANNOYING for most part of the book :S
Also... Yeah, women want their man to be all protective and devoted, and everything...but just...I felt Bella made women-folk seem really dumb...:S I don't know how to say it! But maybe someone can express it better for me?

And the part in the book after Edward leaves...it's so boring!!!!!! It's beyond dull...I literally had to read out loud just to finish it. I hate when people compare TWILIGHT to HARRY POTTER...I know everyone is entitled to their opinion, and it's just the HP loyalty in me speaking...but honestly, if you read HP...you just can't put it down!!!!!!! Each and every word of it...every page is great!!!!! I can't say that Twilight was that stable...:S Sorry, I really am lacking the right words, lol.

As much as I liked her at first, I just think ''Bella'' ruined a lot of Twilight for me!

I have to agree with Lea and Smorkle, we are all MASSIVE Twi-Hard fans lol
the books are just amazing, you can relate so much to certain characters. And lea is right, its a true love story, something we rarely see these days congratulations

Gaiamaiden wrote:
I have to agree with Lea and Smorkle, we are all MASSIVE Twi-Hard fans lol
the books are just amazing, you can relate so much to certain characters. And lea is right, its a true love story, something we rarely see these days congratulations

It is too real to be true! Maybe life has made me very cynical, lol. I agree with you all...but it's just like it seemed exaggerated how Bella became when Edward left...I love the last book, because we get to see her awesome powers, and all that stuff about Nessie was interesting...and Edward was a cool dad XD Just when I WAS wishing to read more, it ended! But the second book, was it?...I didn't really like it.
I would like to read the next part...is there going to be any?

The way Bella was when Edward left was realistic, she had a breakdown! To lose someone the way Bella was shown to of lost Edward can feel the same as if they died. She was grieving and so showing her to have a full breakdown is realistic

lea75 wrote:
The way Bella was when Edward left was realistic, she had a breakdown! To lose someone the way Bella was shown to of lost Edward can feel the same as if they died. She was grieving and so showing her to have a full breakdown is realistic

They barely knew each other!! Lol! Oh well, I give up, I can guess the answer to that, hehe, I have concluded that I'm just not the ''hopeless romantic'' type :/ Sucks, but true, haha.