Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lazar

Amy Winehouse - Rest In Peace

I don't know what is the right section for this, but I am shocked and my heart is broken! I can't believe it! So much talent, so much beauty!

I used to listen to her like crazy, and right now I am crying, yes, crying!

I guess everything happens for a reason, and this is an important message to everyone - Don't use drugs! I know I won't! NEVER!

Rest In Peace, Amy Winehouse, you were an inspiration and a hero to a lot of people, I hope you find peace in heaven now.

Rest in Peace!

I knew her only from one great song of hers, but I forgot the name cause it was a long time. It is horrible that someone so young dies.

I was never a fan of hers, but when I heard of her passing I thought of a personal hero of mine who overcame drug and alcohol addiction. It's a demon that ultimately ended her life. May she rest in peace.

As much as I hate to say it, it was just a matter of time for something like this to happen. And I have fallen into some kind of a depression these 2 days, and can't get out of it. I feel pretty much the same way as Rihanna now. Sad

i couldn't believe this news either!!! Sad
RIP Amy Winehouse!

I've found it so sad to see the jokes flying around facebook and to hear people saying its her own fault as she did drugs Sad

What people seem to forget is that she had serious underlying mental health issues as well as a drug/alcohol addiction which is an illness.

Such a shame for a life to be lost so young Sad

lea75 wrote:
I've found it so sad to see the jokes flying around facebook and to hear people saying its her own fault as she did drugs Sad

What people seem to forget is that she had serious underlying mental health issues as well as a drug/alcohol addiction which is an illness.

Such a shame for a life to be lost so young Sad

My friends are doing that a lot! They also say: I don't care, she killed herself, it was her fault.
That's just wrong.

AND the worst thing ever is that when she came here in Serbia, she was booed off the stage, and those who booed her off, are now calling themselves "fans", after her death. I know that fact because one person I know is behaving just like that! That is awfully wrong!

Here's my take on this, and forgive me if it sounds like a vent.

Amy Winehouse was a human being, and no human being is perfect. To my way of thinking, the rock bottom truth is this young woman was a troubled soul who got lost in the vice of drug and alcohol addiction. I don't judge her for that because I know that addiction is an illness. My father was an alcoholic who lost his life to his own vices some 20 years ago. My personal hero is a recovering alcoholic as well.

But, with that said, I really am not seeing people talk trash about her on Facebook. Perhaps I am not looking into this too intently, but what I am seeing is how much empathy people have when making reference to her. Perhaps I am not hanging out at the right pages, I don't really know.

As for the concert, I wholeheartedly believe that the people who booed were reacting to her behavior, not necessarily to her. They may still love her music, but they may not approve of her staggering about the stage while under the influence. After all, these concerts are not cheap and if I had been in the audience, I'd have been appalled as well. After all, people pay their hard earned money to attend a show, and that's probably not the sort of show they counted on or anticipated. Those fans must have been pretty disillusioned after that performance.

I don't blame her as much as I blame her management. They should have seen that she was unfit to give a concert and gave her the night off or taken her to a detox place. Harsh perhaps, but they seemed to be only seeing dollar signs, and not the fact that this young woman was not in her right mind. Bottom line is if I were to have witnessed this, I would have gone to the box office and demanded a refund.

Yes, she was a talented singer / songwriter and if she had gotten her vices under control, who knows how many accomplishments she would have had under her belt? The fact remains, she was not perfect and I think that her passing should be a reminder to other artists of their mortality.

Does she deserve to die because of it? No.

Tiddly Winks wrote:
Here's my take on this, and forgive me if it sounds like a vent.

Amy Winehouse was a human being, and no human being is perfect. To my way of thinking, the rock bottom truth is this young woman was a troubled soul who got lost in the vice of drug and alcohol addiction. I don't judge her for that because I know that addiction is an illness. My father was an alcoholic who lost his life to his own vices some 20 years ago. My personal hero is a recovering alcoholic as well.

But, with that said, I really am not seeing people talk trash about her on Facebook. Perhaps I am not looking into this too intently, but what I am seeing is how much empathy people have when making reference to her. Perhaps I am not hanging out at the right pages, I don't really know.

As for the concert, I wholeheartedly believe that the people who booed were reacting to her behavior, not necessarily to her. They may still love her music, but they may not approve of her staggering about the stage while under the influence. After all, these concerts are not cheap and if I had been in the audience, I'd have been appalled as well. After all, people pay their hard earned money to attend a show, and that's probably not the sort of show they counted on or anticipated. Those fans must have been pretty disillusioned after that performance.

I don't blame her as much as I blame her management. They should have seen that she was unfit to give a concert and gave her the night off or taken her to a detox place. Harsh perhaps, but they seemed to be only seeing dollar signs, and not the fact that this young woman was not in her right mind. Bottom line is if I were to have witnessed this, I would have gone to the box office and demanded a refund.

Yes, she was a talented singer / songwriter and if she had gotten her vices under control, who knows how many accomplishments she would have had under her belt? The fact remains, she was not perfect and I think that her passing should be a reminder to other artists of their mortality.

Does she deserve to die because of it? No.

You could have not said it better Yvette.

Right now, as I'm writing this, she is mentioned on the news, and there are some videos showed from the funeral. (I think) And in almost every report about her (including this one I am watching), her last concert is mentioned, in Belgrade. I hate how the reporters make an elephant out of a fly! The reporters voice in the background is saying: (translate) she was horrible that night! I didn't see a worse concert than this!

SHE IS GONE! And the reporters are still calling her horrible! I hope she finds real peace up there..she had a difficult and complicated life, it's time to relax, Amy. Rest In Peace

Its extremely sad.....such a waste of a young life. I didn't listen her much...but still I felt really bad when I saw the news.

RIP Winehouse.