Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tromo3

Need Horror movie suggestions

I am looking for horror that are not too gory and the don't have zombies. Movies like the Sixth Sense, movies that are scary without psychopaths slicing people.

My favorite Halloween Movie is 'Hocus Pocus'. It's sort of scary but kind of cheesy too. It's not really horror (as I am not into horror) but it is really great.

Tiddly Winks wrote:
My favorite Halloween Movie is 'Hocus Pocus'. It's sort of scary but kind of cheesy too. It's not really horror (as I am not into horror) but it is really great.

I think I watched it years ago as it sounds and looks familiar. I hope there is one in the place where you rent movies.

I like other movies by the director of the Sixth Sense, eg the Village was really good.

jennifer wrote:
I like other movies by the director of the Sixth Sense, eg the Village was really good.

I watched The Village, Lady from the water from M. Night Shalayman. I watched THe Mothman Prophecies this morning. The movie is awesome and scary. Every scene in the dark is tense and creepy, it is one of the rare Horror movies which isn't directed by a non-creative person (In every they put zombies or a psychopath killer who slices people. If I had a bread crumb for every zombie and psychopath killer horror movie I would have food for a long, long time.

Lucky Strike wrote:
try red rose Smile house on the haunted hill too Smile

I watched the trailer for the House on haunted hill (1999), looks creepy and interesting. But I couldn't find red rose on imdb. In which country it originated?

esperia wrote:
psycho hun

I watched so much parodies of the shower scene that I would laugh when I see that scene.

Anyone watched THe Mothman Prohpecies?
Here is a trailer:

eil! i mean rose red! From Steven King Smile

if you find the ooolder version THEN you'll see scary

I remember that movie.. Not much but i do.. It was so-so.. I found the story a bit.. miewww..

Lucky Strike wrote:
eil! i mean rose red! From Steven King Smile

if you find the ooolder version THEN you'll see scary

I remember that movie.. Not much but i do.. It was so-so.. I found the story a bit.. miewww..

The movie got me on Rose red. Than when I saw the trailer for the movie from 2002, it absolutely got me on the part where the statue took of its face, and a lady with a fan (a picture) moved. I will try to find and watch it.

Lucky Strike wrote:
Let me know when and if you saw it Smile

I saw it this saturday. And my opinion is: THE BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!!! It is so beautifull and the ending is sad. I feel sorry for almost every character that died. Sad And for the actor David Dukes (He died of a heart attack during the filming, not while he was acting, but of playing tennis the night before continueing the movie). Even if it 4 hours long, feels it was too short. And I hope to have a house like that (Without the need to kill you)

Planing to rent The Shining (1997) for the next Saturday.

Hehe! congratulations I'm sooo happy you liked it!!!! Oh! there is something like a part 2 of the film.. the diary of (h)elena (can't remember) rimbauer (and i think i also mispelled that) . it's the storyh of the house.

You can try "the crow" also Smile

Lucky Strike wrote:
Hehe! congratulations I'm sooo happy you liked it!!!! Oh! there is something like a part 2 of the film.. the diary of (h)elena (can't remember) rimbauer (and i think i also mispelled that) . it's the storyh of the house.

You can try "the crow" also Smile

Will do! Watch the trailer. Gonna Rent it and watch it tomorrow. And I after that I plan to watch the Shining, but I think I can put the Crow third (Has A really interesting name, gonna watch the trailer now)

I watched: Ju-on: The Grudge 1 and 2 and The Grudge 1 and 2. Planning to watche the Grudge 3 and rest of the the Ju on series and continue watching Asian horror movies and American remakes of them.

Lucky Strike wrote:
You saw the japanese ones? They are quiiiiiiite different than the americans ones right??? tehehe! Smile

Yes, the American horror movies consist of mostly BOO! scenes but Japanese ones add creepiness after the movie. I watched Grudge 3 and the next horror movie I will watch will be Ringu than the American remakes of itl but firstly will watch the new movies in cinema: Sherlock Holmes, Girl with the Dragon Tatoo, Immortals

Lucky Strike wrote:
Hehe! I know! Many fans of "horror" can't see the japanese ones!

Do you mean can't as they can't find them or can't as too scared?
Have you watched any Asian horror movie and what are/is your favourite Horror movie villain(s)?

Some so-called "horror" fans CAN'T see them as they find them scary.

It's been a really long time since I rewatched them.. I adore the chinese "The eye". It's quite good. I've almost everyone that has been an american movie but the ring. Or if i have i don't remember it.. I was quite young when i saw them.. 13-14.. So my memory is a little fuzzy