Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Peter1

Admire your HW cars

To look at the details (car seats, accessories, dashboard, engine, tampo, wordings, ...) I use a small torchlight. It's fun and satisfying. Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy

hahahaa.. very funny MJ.. that's called demolishing not admiring.. LaughingRazz

MarieJuliette wrote:
I have my kids tear them apart then I look at the pieces!!! lol!

Rare to see a female member. Are you the only one? Very Happy Tks for sharing. Very Happy

elgee wrote:
you mean there ARE two. Very Happy

hahaa.. thx for correcting me.. Embarassed

3 and more... the other name is pepper_something Laughing

I look at the cars, esp those new ones everyday. Big passion.. Very Happy

I need more of a magnifying glass than a torchlight. Don't look too near, you'll freak out. How would you feel when you found out that the gear shifter is as high as the steering or that you have a giant size steering nearly hitting the windscreen. Not sure it's funny or to be angry with Mattel. Nonetheless, we pay RM 6.50 per car what the hack to start demanding for details, unless we're talking of Minichamps, Autoart or Kyosho here.

With all the small details and nice tampos in some models, I feel the price of RM5.90 is reasonable. Of course, RM4.90 is even better and I'll buy more!

agreed with peter...
love the small2 decals on the car...
amazing how mattel does it...
hehe
Wink

agreed with raptorclans...
those nice tampos are the temptation
to rip the cars from the cards...
hehe
Wink

measuring the weight using my hand.. so far the vw fastback is the heaviest in my collection..

have anyone done that to their 07 enzo thunt .... u will spot a variant .. i will not say much

Acopy, interesting you look at the weight aspect. How nice if they were made of gold huh. Hehe...

Peter wrote:
Acopy, interesting you look at the weight aspect. How nice if they were made of gold huh. Hehe...

If with 999 gold, then will be consider great,ha ha ha ha! Very Happy

Sometimes I ask myself "why am I collecting so many HW cars?" Frankly speaking, I do not have a definite answer. Am I addicted to it? Do I have a very good reason? Have I gone crazy? Just how much resources (money, time, .....) and efforts (rain, traffic jam, ...) spent for this hobby. Worth thinking about it. Sad

Look at the cars I collected years ago, well, there are some I don't like. I become more demanding, guess it is normal.

Peter wrote:
Rare to see a female member. Are you the only one? Very Happy Tks for sharing. Very Happy

As the other members pointed out, there are a few but it's still mainly a guy's business!!
But I have a lot of fun collecting, specially with my 10 y.o. son!

Rare again, you are a Canadian in this Malaysian forum. I'd like to see more posts from you.

Agreed with peter...
Marie is our ambassador of canada ehehe
Wink
and peter, its normal to become more demanding in collecting bro...
as our mind grows, we will gain more knowledge about each casting...
back when i was a kid...i also collect anything that i can grab at sugarbun (since thats the only place that sells hotwheels here) hehe
and now im a bit more selective too unlike before...yeah its normal bro~
Wink

Peter wrote:
Sometimes I ask myself "why am I collecting so many HW cars?" Frankly speaking, I do not have a definite answer. Am I addicted to it? Do I have a very good reason? Have I gone crazy? Just how much resources (money, time, .....) and efforts (rain, traffic jam, ...) spent for this hobby. Worth thinking about it. Sad

You are not alone,bro! cheers

For me it's about collecting any cars that I like and that has a history behind it. Of course every HW cars or for that matter any other brands has a history behind it but it brings greater enjoyment in collecting toy cars that exist in this real world against concept cars. Of course again it depends on the paper Agung that is available to us, as someone has rightfully mentioned so. Lol. The more that is available the more we can have but I don't zoom in one particular type of car or brand, I have an open mind and as much as possible spread my collection across all types and brands of cars that is worth collecting and that I like, so that when you kick the bucket, you can proudly say I've known and perhaps held and owned most of the brands of cars available in the market, even though it's only 1 piece each. It's all part of the learning process as a collector. Instead of having hundreds of dragtors and don't know what to do with them. Lol. However, a notable trend being the older you get your taste changes and you may go for an upgrade to higher end toy cars and abandon your earlier ones and you may go for vintages. Be prepared for that. It's not a case of whether we have 100 cars or 10,000 cars. It's a case of what quality cars that we have that counts? So don't get too worried if your friend's collection outnumbered you by triple digit, you don't need to collect that many and everything that's out there, you don't have the space to store them anyway. Are they rare, are they vintages that's what we have to ask perhaps? HW collections is not only all about the green cards, some of you may have known there are other rarer HW cars out there that costs many x more than the green cards.