Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
undercoverbrother

- HWCM V2 -

Alright playaz! (short essay alert)

Okay there is already thread regarding new forum view created by demonicle, but i'll choose to start fresh. Here's the deal, basically this forum has undergone changes numerous times before, however i'm naming this project as HWCM V2 as our beloved forum will be heading into totally new direction, as from now on yours truly will carry out the task to revamp and improve this forum. This is merely part of exercise now that every hwcm committees will have more specific role for them to focus in this club, any decisions however will still be made collectively. Also another playa who shall be revealed soon has already been appointed as the second new Admin so that we could work together to get this movin'.

(hint for the 2nd Admin, those already figured out just keep it to yourself)
Spoiler:

So over next few days (probably up to a week) i'll be using this thread to get serious feedbacks from you guys and share some updates, however can't promise to fulfil every suggestions given, and to be honest UcB's a nubis when it comes to implementing technical stuff in forum (which why i got myself another partner in crime). I am more concerned on the overall design and layout, contents (breakdown of the topics) and moderating side of this forum. So please feel free to throw in whatever comments you playaz have in mind here in this thread...

Many kudos to the hwcm founders for they have spent so much time to make this forum happens. I'm merely helping out demonicle cause we all know how painstaking it is to work on everything single-handedly. So i hope from now on no longer the impression that this forum currently running under auto-pilot.

My input:
1) Shall we consider to control the duplication of forumer under a same person?
2) How to build the culture of posting item with relate to topic and not against the rules and regulations?
3) How about an auto prompt of "self explanatory" simple and important rules and regulations prior to the registration of new forumer?
And, the PM of asking common "what, why, where, when and how" can be directed to somewhere else to avoid repetition.
Reason: Admin and Moderator (or existing forumer) can minimize the repeated lecture/reminder.

demonicle wrote:
i have deleted all unrelated comments.

strictly feedback only please

Hey it's okay, if members got give input that's cool, no input then i'm still cool, well these kind of replies also i'm totally cool with that.. But since they ain't serious then i'll give them exactly what they wanted, simple right. Cool

So enjoy this new fresh look, for now.

danielh wrote:
yes, the background are too pinkish.

Maybe my banner design looks too good for members to think this the real deal.. Razz

*removed*

thumbs up for samwell but sorry had to remove this video cause not appropriate for readers of all ages - ucb

Okay guys before i have to keep explaining to those didn't get the joke this is NOT the latest hwcm design / color. I'll revert back soon since actual feedbacks already coming in. You see i don't want to do so much then members starts complaining or call UcB one man show, in the end back to square one. So i'm inviting you guys to rebuild this forum together and i don't plan to overhaul this overnight but step by step for members approval. Hope that's clear enough.

musclemania wrote:
My input:
1) Shall we consider to control the duplication of forumer under a same person?
2) How to build the culture of posting item with relate to topic and not against the rules and regulations?
3) How about an auto prompt of "self explanatory" simple and important rules and regulations prior to the registration of new forumer?
And, the PM of asking common "what, why, where, when and how" can be directed to somewhere else to avoid repetition.
Reason: Admin and Moderator (or existing forumer) can minimize the repeated lecture/reminder.

1) Unfortunately this is very tricky, our internet use dynamic ip and people can register as many emails they want, unless we have full time employed staff to monitor members login and their ip..

However, one of first things i'm gonna do when V2 finally up is to re-introduce what we actually did last time, to require every members (including old members) to fill in very simple form so we know you're legit members of the club. Perhaps out of 1k members maybe less than half are humans just saying, but who cares. Maybe we'll work something like verified members will have this showing on their profile / status. Maybe not the word 'verified', something like redline members to hwc..

2) The question is even if we put big red sign telling them not to do so will some of the members still listen?

Anyway i've covered this before, one of possible reason maybe there was no better space to do this, so Kopitiam thread was created. In the end we have to draw a line what perceived as completely being off topic (warning be given) and some random remarks that don't affect overall flow of discussion, otherwise forum will become pretty much dead without these characters.

3) Ever heard biggest lie ever? "I have read and agree to the terms of use"

I will refine the guidelines, but basically is already there (R&R, announcement on each section), but as i believe many members would not read (i don't blame them), repeated lectures can't be avoided, but as moderators lineup will be revamped and cukup tarbiyyah, you'll see less essays from UcB.

The basic fundamental of creating a group is 'Asking' Instead of creating and then get reply.

"What colour do you like" instead of "what do you think of this colour?"

Everybody will have an opinion which they think will work but usually it's a personal subjective.
What you do in your house, your neighbour may not do.

Because people will always complain, why not this, why not that...
Use the voting system for guidance, so if it's the majority vote than it's the people's choice.
Do like what we did with the HWC logo. If everyone vote for it no one can complain.

What colour do you want? A.Blue B.Red C.Green. D.Pink VOTE

P/S: What is black afro guy go to do with Hot Wheels Club MALAYSIA? Imagine I do a Merdeka Ad with Jamaicans celebrating, how?

Atomkinder wrote:
P/S: What is black afro guy go to do with Hot Wheels Club MALAYSIA? Imagine I do a Merdeka Ad with Jamaicans celebrating, how?

the guys named "samwell", you may try to search at youtube. You will know why i said new design become so GAY tongue

Atomkinder wrote:
Spoiler:

Ahh now we're talking..

Fyi i never said i wasn't gonna ask anything you guys must ask instead, all i wrote in first post is we gonna start gathering feedback which gonna take some time as we progress, i ain't even started yet. No need to argue bout chicken or egg comes first cause we'll work both ways anyway, i have few polls coming up but you guys should still point out whatever ideas / issues you have like musclemania did.

There will be temporary forum section for this cause need different threads for different polls, so stay tune.