Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vavavoom

Collecting Dilemma

protonticon wrote:
ditto vavavoom-san.. n bravo 2whom who have shared their advices & experiences.. cheers

sorry ya vavavoom-san for hijacking your thread.. Twisted Evil

IMHO, collecting stuff is like cancer.. it grows more 'infectious' to collectors like us when our fellow forumers 'poison' us with their latest hauls.. like what others has spoken, the intense desire grows stronger 2get the same most-sought stuffs where everyone 'must' have.. ending up us with soOo MANY holes in wallet.. of course, this depends on how 'wise' you are in spending..

anyone here collect TFs? trust me, don't even dare to 'meddle' with this hasbro product lines.. they have almost 25++ over series (excluding repaints & sub series) + others upgrades kit series.. all in all almost hundreds of them.. the worst part is if you are a completist, you want to complete that particular series.. and hasbro produce a new series on every year.. especially on repaints.. well, in hotwheels i also noticed most of us here are a completist too.. What a Face

i started to slowdown TFs collecting is because of those shark-like-scalpers.. they will 'borong' certain molds and resell them like really outrageous price!! that is why i started to collect hotwheels n matchboxes, just to cure my 'cancer'.. huh, my perception was demm wrong.. scalpers are almost everywhere.. even worst in the diecast world.. they're like savage hyenas preying for our hard-earned money.. but it worries me less because this puny diecast cost a few ringgits compared to a single deluxe TF.. but of course not 2include the exquisite special edition lines of hotwheels la.. Wink

yes, patience is virtue and do collect what YOU like only.. just don't get lured with those 'poisons' posted by others just to pleased them.. cheers

Spoiler:

terima kasih vavavoom-san flower

Nice insight... It's good to have other views & experiences when it comes to collecting. But the urge to buy more & more stuffs is always there. It bites, but it's the truth. Me on the other hand, has tuned down tremendously on collecting. But I still buy stuffs from ebay. Every now & then u'll find a bargain. So is the Malaysian market. Every now & then, u'll find collectors whom has given up collecting & selling off their collections at a bargain.

I stayed away from TFs cos just like most collectors, I'm a completist too. If I start buying 1 TF, then the buying will not cease till I've managed to get what I want. Luckily for me, I don't buy everything & anything under the sun. I choose & select the ones that appeal to me the most. Most of the times, I fight the urges to buy this & that.

But to stop buying completely is something I know that won't happen. I hope more collectors will share their collecting experiences for the benefit of our young collectors. Our error ways might be able to put them on the right path.. \m/

Deluxe TF's few hundred..puny HW few ringgit huh .... blimey..... how about that puny HW's x 500 pcS x RM 150 - RM 300 each ...... HAHAHAHA!

haha.. yup, couldn't disagree with u guyz more.. rabbit

just beware with this popups on your head when you see something of any fancy to you.. Rolling Eyes

Spoiler:

For the last couple of years, I've been looking at my collections & thinking," What the Hell is going to happen to my collection once I'm dead & gone?". My kids doesn't like what I like. They love something else.

Maybe I could just wait a while longer & inculcate my future grandkids to love what I've loved. 20 years from now, my collection could worth something & for them to inherit a bunch of stuffs which could be envious to his peers.

Or maybe I'd just adopt some of you guys from this forum & pass my collections to you guys! What do you think? Any takers? Hahahaha....

never thought of the wasiat thingy though.. but my plan was to letgo when i want 2finance anew for different passion, alike a retiree kinda of a hobby.. flower

hmmm.. as for the offer, it IS a very 'poisonous' offer there vavavoom-san.. haha Smile

it depends whether anyone here have the same passion as yours.. hmmm, i must say may be there are takers.. thumbsup

you can just list some of your stuffs that you wanna letgo and see how many of us here do 'grab' some of 'em.. Basketball

too BAD you're not into TFs else i'll be the 1st in line to SCUFFLE & SNATCH 'em away.. haha Twisted Evil

Protonticon : The only TF I have are Optimus Primal & Megatron from the Beast Wars. Bought them when they 1st came out cos they look awesome!!

Maybe I can put your name into my "wasiat". Speaking of which, was there any mention in any scriptures or in any of the movies/tv series of where all the good Autobots go when they died? And where do all the Decepticons go when they died? Rolling Eyes

uh huh.. dunno le.. in a kid's toy basket, scrambled here & there??? lol!

here what i got from Teletraan websites(compiled by true TF fans), maybe it can answers your questions.. checkitout.. http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Death

dead & gone, wasiat, dead autobots, dead decepticons.. vavavoom-san, you're starting to give us goosebumps!!! Shocked

Cool Capt Obvious and the sun solar flare i nearer. Which movie again about the solar flare sunnystudysweatwhistlingcryRolling Eyes

wildspirit wrote:
Cool Capt Obvious and the sun solar flare i nearer. Which movie again about the solar flare sunnystudysweatwhistlingcryRolling Eyes

The movie sounds familiar. Is the movie called Sun Flare? The situation of the sun flare thingy might have affected me somehow.. Very Happy

protonticon wrote:
uh huh.. dunno le.. in a kid's toy basket, scrambled here & there??? lol!

here what i got from Teletraan websites(compiled by true TF fans), maybe it can answers your questions.. checkitout.. http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Death

dead & gone, wasiat, dead autobots, dead decepticons.. vavavoom-san, you're starting to give us goosebumps!!! Shocked

Hahahaha... Like Wildspirit said,"Must be the sun flare thingy!!". Actually, it's the Sign of Times. This feeling will get to everybody someday Very Happy I know a friend who knows a friend whom has given up on collecting after he had performed Haj. He's abandoning all his "worldly" possessions.. Hmmm... Lain padang, Lain belalang Laughing

vavavoom et al >> thanks for sharing.

after awhile, i guess all collectors will go thru this dilemma..its really an awkward predicament... but all in all, its how one handle it that makes the different. just like what you said, if this happened then one need to slow down on hauling or focusing on certain casting or rip it out of the card and put it on display cabinet etc..etc.. in short, if the passion is strong then i believed the hobby will stay..

agree with your "lain padang, lain belalang"

Nomad wrote:
vavavoom et al >> thanks for sharing.

after awhile, i guess all collectors will go thru this dilemma..its really an awkward predicament... but all in all, its how one handle it that makes the different. just like what you said, if this happened then one need to slow down on hauling or focusing on certain casting or rip it out of the card and put it on display cabinet etc..etc.. in short, if the passion is strong then i believed the hobby will stay..

agree with your "lain padang, lain belalang"

During my "hey days" in collecting, I've realized that most of the collectors are professionals - career wise; cos only these people then have the money to walk the talk. What I liked the most then is that when we go into conversation, it's not about work or girlfriend, it's not about the current politics, it's not about how the world is gonna end but it's about what we love. We shares opinions on our collections. It's a relief from our day to day stress. It's like we are in a different world. Hahaha... funny huh?

"Keep The Passion Strong"

Among HWCM regular collectors these days the bonding are getting stronger and stronger. We not that few one rarely meet than long forgotten. Few of this HWCM regulars already had close relationship more than 5 years. Things is not once but sometime its everyday affair and again in weekly meets we bring into dawn and 8am in the morning. We re too more than the lot are professional. I m so happy among newbie who jump into bandwagon and now so active are club future stars too.

wildspirit wrote:
Among HWCM regular collectors these days the bonding are getting stronger and stronger. We not that few one rarely meet than long forgotten. Few of this HWCM regulars already had close relationship more than 5 years. Things is not once but sometime its everyday affair and again in weekly meets we bring into dawn and 8am in the morning. We re too more than the lot are professional. I m so happy among newbie who jump into bandwagon and now so active are club future stars too.

Well said... thumbsup Remember," Keep The Passion Strong".