Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zedd_68

A few hours in Amcorp

Hi All.

Observation of a "newbie" after a few short hours at Amcorp Mall, PJ today (June 10 2012):

(Note: used to have an office at level 13A, PJ Tower...but there were no such things as the bazaar like nowadays...no more San Francisco Coffee... the store becomes Giant...looooong time ago Laughing )

Went around to see the few HW/MB vendors, looking at selections and prices. Went also to see the other vendors who have small section dedicated to HW/MB

1) A collector can easily (ish) create himself/herself a huge collection overnight...but be prepared to fork out serious $$ What a Face

2) these are IMHO day-traders, so the pricing reflects (somewhat) on the cost involve; the purchasing of not-for-malaysia models, the shipping cost, the 'rental', the need for rolling fund to operate the next day/week, and of course the profit margin. Some of the models are 'pricey' to start with, and with exchange rate factored in...

3) there are however models that are still available locally (for-malaysia) though admittedly they are harder to find, or being grabbed in bulk by online traders (for a quick profit of course), or simply being shifted to smaller market segments /geographical territories, which make them even harder and more tedious to find). So, if you have the $$, get a bit of negotiation on ("boleh kurang ke bro?"), and you'll be goin' home with that 'elusive' model(s) you've been looking for....at a slight premium.

Or you'll end up being a cheapskate like me, and braved the heat, wind, rain, etc, on his scooter goin' a-huntin everywhere.... Razz
(Though to be frank, it's that thrill and elation...also frustration...that attracts me to this hobby in the first place. And the fact that I am "between-job" that prevents me for being as lavish as before Wink )

4. However, what I don't get is why folks would be buying models that only require a bit more effort to find, but willing to fork out the extra dosh to get them from Amcorp...I guess even in this sector of the market/industry there is such a thing as "willing victim"

...and that folks is the best way to sum it up..."Willing Victims". There are choices (limited they may be), so one chooses what 'poison' to drink Laughing

---------

I ended up:

A) 'giving away' a few made-for-malaysia models I brought along (at a slight increase from retail Smile )
B) bought a 2008 new model Hummer h2 t (US card I think) at a slight premium.
C) bought a TF G1 mini figurine 25th anniv Brawn for cheaper than retail (if I can still find them)
D) went to Giant at LG and found myself the third MBX Road Tripper (brave cat livery) to complete my single-pack collection on this. cheers

I trust this observation is non offensive and only reflects my personal opinion. Each collector will of course have his/her own 'limit' on the path he/she treads...and I respect that Very Happy

Cheers.

Z

I like ur writings..u should make a blog..with pictures and all that..surely i'd follow one! Very Happy

This saying is not an ordinary newbie, anyway I enjoy your celoteh and keep on hauling at the store or mall, I mean amcorp mall What a Face

Haha..

newbie le tu, if not consistent with collection (ikut angin je since late 80s).

Anyhow, thanks for readin' it...and check your PM sir..

Regards,
Z

Wow that fresh! 2 weeks after i m goin to Amcorp me koyak some 2.5k!!
( to Abe Wan )
Then after joining HWCM me koyak another 10k in just 2 mths. Evil or Very MadRazz
Anyway .. i can live wit that.

Wa lau weh! Deep pocket bro! Envy!!!!!
but but...my kinda segment harga talak tinggi wo (not expensive...)...
...so in a sense, you are within budget la...hehehe Razz

No regrets, no surrender, haul til there's nuthin to haul... cheers

Cheers,
Z

Now all pokai oledi but nvm.....Have to inform all i quit buying..
Last mth buat sales sket2 pon get close to 1.5k.
Tapi ada buyer ni ... otak tak betol sket ... nvm ... biarlah dia ... nk sewel terus agaknya.
Hobi ni kena byk sabar bro. Spending tinggi , maintenence rendah selalu gak return pon bawah cost.

Roger bro wildspirit.

Collection first, trading secondary I guess. Dapat sales lebih, then can biy some more for own collection Razz returns many types ada...not only $ kan?

Combined forces la...mcm tonto and lone ranger..hit 'em high, hit 'em low...hahaha Ideacheers

Sapa la gerangan nye yng dimaksudkan tu ye? Sabo bro, sabo Cool

wildspirit wrote:
Tapi ada buyer ni ... otak tak betol sket ... nvm ... biarlah dia ... nk sewel terus agaknya.
Hobi ni kena byk sabar bro. Spending tinggi , maintenence rendah selalu gak return pon bawah cost.

Hahahahaha......saya yang buyer tu otak tak betol kan palepalepalepale ? hehehehehe rolleyesthumbsupjogetidea

msclee wrote:
wildspirit wrote:

Hahahahaha......saya yang buyer tu otak tak betol kan palepalepalepale ? hehehehehe rolleyesthumbsupjogetidea

Tq bro for close 1k deal wit u Razz plus RM 300..2 weeks before, Ala.. itu olang wa ada cakap sama lu ari tu ... sula lupa kaa... Razz

wildspirit wrote:
msclee wrote:
wildspirit wrote:

Tq bro for close 1k deal wit u Razz plus RM 300..2 weeks before, Ala.. itu olang wa ada cakap sama lu ari tu ... sula lupa kaa... Razz

Oittt......adehhh....dah lupo plak!!! starsstarsstarsstarsstars

pada mana2 collector (hint hint WS) yg kononnya nak retire tu.......

sedekah2 la koleksi anda (hint hint sell cheap cheap).............itu lebih afdal..........

sweatsweatwhistlingwhistlingbrowsbrows