Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Peter1

7 Eleven outlets

Nowadays 7 E outlets do not sell Hot Wheels cars and I find it more difficult to buy the cars I want.

Just hope that 7 E will start selling them soon as Christmas and New Year are just around the corner.

Any news they are planning for this?

wow..atom, your avatar keep me away from reading ur post for like 1 mins and wondering where the bicycle gonna end up be... lol. it's endless! nice.

Back to topic, yeap, 7E no longer have them. sadly..

I actually saw this coming even during 7e hunting days. Outlets get 1 case during a promo, hardly could sell decent amount due to most of 7e outlets own 'policy' only to hang few pieces on pegs if sold then only top up few more bit by bit (common explanation is banyak budak curi).. Then the next promo another case, or maybe half case, then another promo, more case came in. If you're fortunate enough in certain outlets where the staff agrees bring out whole stock from storeroom, you'll be surprised how MASSIVE amount of cars left from previous promos. I know eventually 7e will definitely say enough is enough.

I'm still wondering how Mattel managed to convince 7e to take those cases all these years. Even Batman 2-pack that cost like rm24.90 came there, remember?

Thanks to Atomkinder, Mortfish and Undercoverbrother for your responses.

May be 7E should review its policy bec. HW cars are the most popular and successful in the toy car market worldwide, if not mistaken. If the cars are so successful, so I do not see why 7E not selling them. In addition, the cars are not perishable goods and over years, prices are expected to trend up, which means more profit they will make for each of the unsold cars from the past years. They are collectors for the old cars as all collectors have different interests. I also bought some of the cars many years ago I chose to ignore so .... I definitely happy if 7E could consider selling the cars again. Now I seldom visit the outlets bec. I know there is no HW car there. Otherwise, I might buy bread, ice cream, cold drinks, even newspaper to support.

From what I heard is that 7E is actually losing out business because many new convenience outlets opening in the market.
KK, 1Msia mart, All Day...etc having taken over quite a number of business away from 7E.
Hence price good reduces, in fact some of those local convenience outlets are carrying Hot Wheels toys instead, specially All Day.