lee1

computer help

Hi all

could someone help me out please,with my computer

heres the problem,when I start the computer up all the icons appear

then when I click on the google chrome icon,then try to access websites it says
webpage not available

and I cant get to any websites that are in my fav

but if I click on the start icon bottom left of the screen,go to all programs then internet exsplorer(64bit) or just the internet exsplorer

bingo Im on internet,but through bing search page

computer is all upto date with latest software ect,only a few months old

hope someone can help,make replys in simple terms,for a simple person Laughing cheers all

@Davehutch wrote:
Dont know lee, but have you tyred restoring it to an earlier time when it was OK ?
tryed that dave,just gone back on google chrome icon,right clicked the mouse and looked in settings it says windows xp,but my comp is windows 7

wonder if something has corrupted the program
carry on looking,see if I can find the fault

@lee wrote:
@Davehutch wrote:
Dont know lee, but have you tyred restoring it to an earlier time when it was OK ?
tryed that dave,just gone back on google chrome icon,right clicked the mouse and looked in settings it says windows xp,but my comp is windows 7

wonder if something has corrupted the program
carry on looking,see if I can find the fault
Hi Lee ile try and get me mate to have a look in a mo, see if he can help, hes a member on here aka Day101 see what he says thumbs

@lee wrote:
Hi all

could someone help me out please,with my computer

heres the problem,when I start the computer up all the icons appear

then when I click on the google chrome icon,then try to access websites it says
webpage not available

and I cant get to any websites that are in my fav

but if I click on the start icon bottom left of the screen,go to all programs then internet exsplorer(64bit) or just the internet exsplorer

bingo Im on internet,but through bing search page

computer is all upto date with latest software ect,only a few months old

hope someone can help,make replys in simple terms,for a simple person Laughing cheers all

really struggle to understand that mate, like dave said a restore to a earlier time would be a good choice. but i cant grasp what the problem is by the way you have discribed it

Day101

Back up your favourites in google chrome, then uninstall chrome, re start your comp and then reinstall chrome and see if it works then.
Run a good virus checker on a full check on your comp too just in case its infected.
Also check your fire wall settings to see if it's started blocking chrome.

Sounds to me that when you try to browse with google chrome it's "offline"

Have a look in google chrome settings....file top left and scroll down and tick the work online.

If that don't work m8....bin the google chrome and download mozilla firefox it's far better than you're IE explorer or chrome.

If you want to still use chrome then uninstall it through add and remove programmes and then reinstall chrome if you wish thumbs

sounds like your shortcut to google chrome has stopped working to me.
try deleting the shortcut then adding a new one to the desk top. thumbs

cheers for the replys all,now sorted dont know what was wrong

I uninstalled google chrome,set it back to classic google

Then set it as default,so now my browser icon works Very Happy

bloody computers,there worse than a woman to get ya blood pressure through the roof Laughing

@lee wrote:
cheers for the replys all,now sorted dont know what was wrong

I uninstalled google chrome,set it back to classic google

Then set it as default,so now my browser icon works Very Happy

bloody computers,there worse than a woman to get ya blood pressure through the roof Laughing
Glad you got yours sorted Lee, im bloody useless with computers Laughingthumbs

I dont use Internet explerer anymore, a friend said to use Firefox, haven't looked back Very Happy

Guest Guest
Is this perchance a Home Access computer? If so, it will only let you use IE or Mozilla. I had the same problems and the nice guy at Home Access took it off for me. They won't officially do it and if you have a clever mate, they can go in to the programs and remove the Net Intelligence, which the government put on the Home Access to monitor (spy) on your web activity.

If it's not a HA computer, then sounds like you have programs that aren't compatible with something. A system restore will take you back to a restore point, provided you set one. A recovery will wipe everything, set up a partition wall. Make sure you have the operation system to reload it... might be worth taking it in to a pc doctor... just make sure you don't have any naughty copies of programs/software because they will delete it unless you can prove you paid for it.