Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
coltsandDCcrazy

Is there medication for this?

I have decided that I need to try and start posting more because you guys seem to have a lot of fun around here. So, I have this neighbor that is a complete redneck that Jeff Foxworthy could write an entire comedy set on the guy, but it inspired me to do a spin on the “You might be a redneck if . . .” thingy.

You might have David Cook Obsession if . . . . .

You are in your 30s, 40s, 50s+, and used to think an Ipod was something you planted in the garden, but now you have purchased the top of the line model so you can download all of DC’s songs/videos off of Itunes.

You frequently get “the look,” which can mean either, concern for your mental well-being or just plain “WTF is wrong with you,” because you bring DC into conversations that don’t have anything remotely to do with him.

You find yourself surfing the internet for any tidbit of information – this can mean a new video posted by DC himself, or some random person posting that they heard from another person’s cousin’s best friend’s stepbrother that DC might have been in NYC over the weekend.

You know the color of his eyes, his major in college, the grade he received on his high school biology final, his blood type, his shoe size, his elementary school girlfriend’s middle name, his first pet’s birthday, and, if you don’t know – you’ll google, yahoo, whatever to do your damndest to find out!

You have fantasized about every part of his body from his uvula to the tip of his pinky toenail.

You know the placement of every blemish (but really, there aren’t many) on his face as well as the placement of all of his tattoos.

You hear “Always Be My Baby,” “Don’t Want To Miss A Thing,” “Dare You To Move,” etc. on the radio by the original artists and you think to yourself “pfftt . . . nobody can sing those songs like DC.”

You have never posted on a forum before and now find yourself up until the wee hours of the morning posting and reading on four different DC websites.

Your 13-year-old daughter comes downstairs and sees you on the computer again and just shakes her head, because, let’s face it, she is the more mature one.

You are on the computer so much feeding your DC Obsession that your husband and children now think that banquet pot pies and Jack’s Pizzas are home-cooked meals and your cat is cowering in the corner because the dust bunnies have turned into dust rhinos.

You have spent your child’s college fund to fly across the country to attend multiple Idol tour concerts and you don’t feel shame. OK, maybe a little shame, but it is DC and when are you going to get this opportunity again, which brings us to . . .

You WILL see him on his solo tour regardless of the fact that you live in Mauritius and he is playing in Horseshoe Bend, Idaho, even if you have to eat ramen noodles and generic vienna sausages for a few months to afford it.

You have approximately 972 different pictures and videos of DC saved on your hard drive and when you are feeling a little stressed, you just put on your DC music and stare at a DC slide show. NOTE TO SELF: buy external hard drive tomorrow, you are runnin’ outta space.

The phrases “I’m all right with that,” “you like that . . .yeah you do,” “trite Missouri laws” and the word “plethora” have special meaning to you.

You are an otherwise normal, functioning 38-year-old and you have pictures of DC in your office at work and it frightens your male co-workers to enter. (OK, maybe that one is just me—it is not as creepy as it sounds because I have a lot of pictures of my family, the Colts and DC –not just him – I’m OK, really!).

You risk your career/job to get your DC fix during the work day by getting on the internet even though you know some employees have been fired for internet usage because, darn it, who needs food & shelter! You’ve got your Analog Heart album to keep you warm.

The rest of the world stops spinning when a new blog/vlog is posted or new pictures are found.

You think November 18, 2008 should be declared a national holiday.

You are pissed at yourself because you can’t figure out how to put a DC signature/banner on your posts (OK, that one is definitely probably only me).

These don’t all apply to me, by the way, but maybe about 75% or so Very Happy Can you guys relate to any of these?

Oh my goodness... that ROCKS!! You are so clever and uh, several of those rang true for me as well!! I'm not saying how many though... and I'm alright with that!! Very Happy

ROFLOL This is hilarious!! And very true. Sad, but true. If there is a cure for this, I don't want it. I enjoy every minute of it. Wink

Thank you for posting! And yes, we do have fun. Glad you are joining in! cheers

Ha ha. Yeah, totally. Good post coltsandDCcrazy. Welcome aboard. And no...there's medication for this. Just David's Alpha Waves.

I can relate to some of these problems with Cookie. I think we all need Dr. David Cook for this big problem we are experiencing. Anyone agree with me?

lmao excellent post. very funny, slightly pathetic, and most importantly TRUE!
except for the ones involving kids/husbands basically all of those are spot on for me LOL (and I think just about everyone else here too)

OMG !! You've just described me ! - almost 80 % - It's me !!!!
brilliant post girl !!! ROFLOLROFLOLROFLOL

Specially these ones:

Quote :

You frequently get “the look,” which can mean either, concern for your mental well-being or just plain “WTF is wrong with you,” because you bring DC into conversations that don’t have anything remotely to do with him.

You find yourself surfing the internet for any tidbit of information – this can mean a new video posted by DC himself, or some random person posting that they heard from another person’s cousin’s best friend’s stepbrother that DC might have been in NYC over the weekend.

You have fantasized about every part of his body from his uvula to the tip of his pinky toenail.

You hear “Always Be My Baby,” “Don’t Want To Miss A Thing,” “Dare You To Move,” etc. on the radio by the original artists and you think to yourself “pfftt . . . nobody can sing those songs like DC.”

You have never posted on a forum before and now find yourself up until the wee hours of the morning posting and reading on four different DC websites.

You WILL see him on his solo tour regardless of the fact that you live in Mauritius and he is playing in Horseshoe Bend, Idaho, even if you have to eat ramen noodles and generic vienna sausages for a few months to afford it.

You risk your career/job to get your DC fix during the work day by getting on the internet even though you know some employees have been fired for internet usage because, darn it, who needs food & shelter! You’ve got your Analog Heart album to keep you warm.

The rest of the world stops spinning when a new blog/vlog is posted or new pictures are found.

Guest Guest
ClappingClappingROFLOLROFLOL

OMG!!! PERFECT!!!!

2 things....we have to make it International Day (Lot's of Outworlders here)

and: Go to your profile and click "signature" and upload the pic from photobucket or a photo hosting site. You also need to make sure you've enabled your siggy to show up on every post.

Very, Very good post!!

ClappingClappingClapping

Absolutely spot on. I totally relate to an embarrassing number of these. Wink

I find these in particular to be VERY true, lol -

Quote :

Guest Guest

Great post! ROFLOL

I will not admit to how many of these fit me. I will say that if there is medication, I don't want any. It's too much fun this way.

Guest Guest
ClappingI'm Not Worthy!ROFLOLClappingI'm Not Worthy!ROFLOLClappingI'm Not Worthy!ROFLOL

WTH is wrong with you people? I have never experienced any of these things.
We are ALL Innocent

You know, denial is one of the major symptoms of an addiction.

These are hilarious! Most of these apply to me...that man has turned me into a crazy person!

Jeannie wrote:
ClappingI'm Not Worthy!ROFLOLClappingI'm Not Worthy!ROFLOLClappingI'm Not Worthy!ROFLOL

WTH is wrong with you people? I have never experienced any of these things.
We are ALL Innocent

You know, denial is one of the major symptoms of an addiction.

I'm not in denial. There's nothing wrong with me. I'm not obsessed. And I'm alright with that. Razz

TRISTAN!!!!! How the heck are you?!!!!!!!! Hug

Hey! I am doing good! I haven't been on here much lately....I have been tied up with real life stuff. Go figure. Very Happy

LOL, excellent post. There are too many things on that list that remind me of me...

And I hope there is no cure. Ever.

pssst, Colts. . . GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!

An embarrassingly large number of these describe me very well. As far as medication? You just have to treat the symptoms, I don't think there is any cure for the disease.

@TluvsDC wrote:
TRISTAN!!!!! How the heck are you?!!!!!!!! Hug

Hey! I am doing good! I haven't been on here much lately....I have been tied up with real life stuff. Go figure. Very Happy

I'm glad you're doing well!!

I hate when RL gets in the way of my OCDCD. Don't people know that's all that really matters?! scratch

huntwork wrote:
ClappingClappingROFLOLROFLOL

OMG!!! PERFECT!!!!

2 things....we have to make it International Day (Lot's of Outworlders here)

and: Go to your profile and click "signature" and upload the pic from photobucket or a photo hosting site. You also need to make sure you've enabled your siggy to show up on every post.

Very, Very good post!!

Excellent post! Was getting strange looks from my son for laughing out loud! LaughingLOL Face

Thank you for the signature info. I have been trying to figure out how to do it and could not. I only thought it was me! Otherwise, she's on the money about the 75% figure. This is totally me these days!

Now, I've got to get to work on my siggy!

Doctor, doctor, gimme a cure, I gotta bad case of loving you......

I was musing the other day that some psychology PhD student needs to to a dissertation on us Word Nerds. There must be some biological explanation for our behavior. Someone needs to formally study us. The study must also include various experiments involving David Cook, himself. I volunteer!!!!!!!! Me, me, pick me!!!!!!!!!

ok im not in my 30s but yea i can pretty much agree with all of them.

I was musing the other day that some psychology PhD student needs to to a dissertation on us Word Nerds. There must be some biological explanation for our behavior. Someone needs to formally study us. The study must also include various experiments involving David Cook, himself. I volunteer!!!!!!!! Me, me, pick me!!!!!!!!!

My daughter and I have discussed this very thing several times. She is finishing up her undergrad in Psych and will be starting her graduate work next fall and I hope to begin graduate work on a Guidance and Counseling degree about the same time. From time to time we amuse ourselves by dissecting human behavior. Anyway, a research project about DC and effect he has had on such a wide range of us would be fascinating.

Thanks for reading the long post and thanks for the info on the signature -- I'll have to try to figure that stuff out 'cause I don't know how to create one either Embarassed
And now for the important stuff, how long until I get a colored star under my name?

Guest Guest
Welcome! and keep posting. It shows up after a certain number of posts. The song under your name will change as your post count grows as well.

OMG! That is true ! It fits me...I guess were all like that, COOKIFIED!! And there is no medication for it 'coz were all crazy for David.

Vangie
Keeper of the Edgy Rocker

untitl29.jpg

Colts, there is a design team section where you can ask someone to make you a customized siggy. The one I have was made by Nightlyt. There are several others on the team. Go down there and check out their threads where some of their work is on display. Then you can make your request.

http://wordnerds.omgforum.net/digital-design-by-request-new-f30/

Thanks everyone for the kind words & welcomes! I have actually been here since June but haven't posted much but I have read a lot. I am working on that signature thing.

I really liked your post, colts! It was cute! Welcome to the boards Smile I can totally relate to your symptoms. I'm afraid there is no cure for this disease but it is something we can work through, eh I think! Smile

EPIC WIN.

I relate to almost all of those...except the ones referencing 38-year old women and husbands/children.

November 18 SHOULD be declared a freakin' holiday.
And I do get 'the look' on a frequent basis.

Welcome, btw.

How come when I was reading the OP i could literally feel my cheeks turning red with embaressement? lol. I definitely have some of those. No, i refuse to say how many. The only medication I know of to help with this is David's voice. Put your headphones on and enjoy. Oh, wait....maybe that doesn't help. Maybe it makes it worst. Excuse me, I need to plug in my headphones....

Oh and let me add if there is a medicine for this--I refuse it!!

I'm pretty much going through all of that, except I'm still in my 20s. I don't know what it's like to cook for myself anymore. A bowl of Special K usually does the trick.

Whatever the medication, I don't want it. It's like being Peter Pan. Didn't he want be a kid forever or something?

I never want to lose this feeling... it feels good!

You might have David Cook Obsession if . . . . .

The phrases “I’m all right with that,” “you like that . . .yeah you do,” “trite Missouri laws” and the word “plethora” have special meaning to you.

You think November 18, 2008 should be declared a national holiday.

You are pissed at yourself because you can’t figure out how to put a DC signature/banner on your posts (OK, that one is definitely probably only me).

These don’t all apply to me, by the way, but maybe about 75% or so Very Happy Can you guys relate to any of these?

Those are the ones that apply to me the most, especially the one highlighted in bold red.

Much Love and Word Nerdiness
~*~Ebony~*~

P.S. Welcome to the Boards coltsandDCcrazy! Trust me, take from a former lurker, you will find yourself posting more around here in no time.

Damn! Too bad I haven't made it that far in my Psych studies or I would totally consider doing that study. Title: "And I'm Alright With That: A Study Into The Inner Brain Chemistry and Psychological Inplications Of Being A Word Nerd." Yes, I can see it now....Although, being that I am a Word Nerd myself, I might not be the best person to conduct such a study. I guess I would have to settle for volunteer subject status.

~*~Ebony~*~

I cant concentrate in organic chemistry sometimes.
Things will be going good in lecture and then what word do I hear....reaction.
yea, after that my mind goes straight to DC.
"one action, reaction"
needless to say I think about DC A LOT in my class....lol
DC is like ADD. One tiny word and im instantly destracted.
but im alright with that Very Happy

I get that way too sometimes. I hear a word or phrase that reminds me of dc and i either get kind of giddy and people around me look at me funny or i space out and i'm in dc land.

This is disturbing. You guys are totally creepy. I've NEVER thought/done/said such things in my entire life!! We are ALL Innocent