Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Prissy

David Cook to performe at XL'Lent acoustic Xtimas-December 14 in Orlando

It is in Orlando,at the House of Blues, located in Downtown Disney,at the sign just says SURPRISE SPECIAL guest, but IT IS CONFIRMED the susprise is DAVID COOK.

XL'Lent

Guest Guest
It wouldn't surprise me... since he's performing with Natasha Bedingfield in Atlanta the next day. How can we find out for sure?

Digileach wrote:
It wouldn't surprise me... since he's performing with Natasha Bedingfield in Atlanta the next day. How can we find out for sure?

I'm almost sure it is him, he will be with Natasha in Atlanta December 15 too, but since they said SURPRISE SPECIAL guest I think they will not confirm it till the day of the show.The radio who says it is David is not this Orlando radio it is a radio who was giving some tickets to the concert.

I am still suspicious about this. Why would they not just announce it? My friend Barb (Shook) is trying to get me to go but I am not going to fork out the $60 a ticket and not get to see David. Plus it's on a Sunday night and I have to work the next day. Orlando is almost 4 hours from home. UGH>>>>decisions, decisions!! Mad

That kinda stinks that they won't say the special guest until the day of..

Four hours...OMG...if Orlando was only four hours from me, I'd so be calling CookifiedTexan, Gwen and Mitsy and we'd be hittin the road for the awesomest ROAD TRIP!!! It's just four hours...that is like the perfect driving distance....that would be Dallas for me and I would go in a heartbeat if he was gonna be in Dallas...

AMEN Jody! We'd be loaded up in someone's vehicle faster than you could say "Bar-ba-sex"!!! (Maybe it's b/c we live in this humongous freakin' state where you can travel eight hours....and still be in Texas. Four hours is a typical "day trip". Razz)

LoL You got that right.

If I knew David Cook was only four hours away from me...I'd find a way to sprout wings or hijack the fastest vehicle around. It would take an act of God to keep me away.

Guest Guest
LOL-CT and Jodie! I use to live in Carrolton!
I am going with my traveling buddy Karen-flo98 who went with me to KC in August! At least I don't have to fly this time!!
It is only 178 miles from where I live so just under 3 hours! Probably closer to 2 1/2 since I am driving!!
They say it is a small venue and no cameras or videotaping but Karen is checking into that.
I had to switch my work schedule which now really sucks as I work 7p-7a and will be on one and off one for a week but I gotta go!
We are going to make a day of it and hope he is there-if not we'll still have fun and hopefully see him at Disney World soon!

They didn't announce that the "surprise" guest was going to be David for the show in Ohio either till days after the tickets went on sale. It turned out to be him though, and Meg is awefully happy she bought her ticket before it was official.

Guest Guest
@smileyviv wrote:
They didn't announce that the "surprise" guest was going to be David for the show in Ohio either till days after the tickets went on sale. It turned out to be him though, and Meg is awefully happy she bought her ticket before it was official.

Wow-thanks Viv! I didn't realize that-I always thought he was an announced performer there from the beginning!

I have to agree with the 4hr rule...well, 5 for me. Columbus is 5hrs and I'm making the trip!! I need a David fix so bad!!! I gathered up 4 friends from the Chicago area to connect with - we're all going to be there!!

@Jodie76 wrote:
Four hours...OMG...if Orlando was only four hours from me, I'd so be calling CookifiedTexan, Gwen and Mitsy and we'd be hittin the road for the awesomest ROAD TRIP!!! It's just four hours...that is like the perfect driving distance....that would be Dallas for me and I would go in a heartbeat if he was gonna be in Dallas...

Same here - well not Dallas, but yeah if it was only 4 hours from me, I'd grab a few of my Bay Area Word Nerds and go too! Seems they'd like to announce who it is to entice more people to come!

Guest Guest
I'm hoping he mentions something about a Florida appearance when he chats tonight on Disney radio!!
I do remember when he was interviewed by this Orlando radio station a while back they mentioned a Christmas acoustic show to him and he said he would love to do it!!

oh yeah, and hopefully for you guys he mentions when he'll be at Disney world too. IF the date coincides with this concert then that gives more credence to the theory that he's the special guest! I really want to take my kids to Disney World but they are still in school at that point and I can't see taking them out.

PrissyCOOKieBR wrote:
It is in Orlando,at the House of Blues, located in Downtown Disney,at the sign just says SURPRISE SPECIAL guest, but someone heard at the radio this morning the susprise is DAVID COOK.

XL'Lent

Do you know what the radio station was Prissy if it wasn't 106.7?

Cool, I'm glad it is confirmed.YAY, one more David's show.

Cool, I'm glad it is confirmed.YAY, one more David's show.

Guest Guest
So this is for sure? It's David?

Yes-if you click home on the page I linked you will see his picture & the promo to win tickets to fly to Orlando!
Got our tickets a few days ago-Karen aka flo98 and I will be there!!

There is NO camera or anything allowed. They search you like crazy before you can get into the HOB - pat you down and everything and I mean EVERYTHING. So don't even try.

Guest Guest
@Joyce8826 wrote:
There is NO camera or anything allowed. They search you like crazy before you can get into the HOB - pat you down and everything and I mean EVERYTHING. So don't even try.

Yes- we read the rules-very strict for a Disney place! Pulling hair
It is suppose to be very nice-going to call and see how many people the place will hold.

Well I've been there many times before. It's really small. It holds 2,100 people. It really don't seem like that many. It's 2 story's though.

Anything anyone would like to know - just ask.

Just giving a BUMP! at David's next shows

I can't wait.

Thanks again for cellcasting for us Daina!!

That is awesome! But, boo, why is everything happening on the east coast? I need to move! Smile

PrissyCOOKieBR wrote:

I can't wait.

Thanks Daina !!!!

I will be there with bells on!! You know we have to get the Word Nerds up front and center. We need to represent!! :acookie:

I'm so glad for all your girl who are going digginon!!!I like all this David-fan interaction at the shows.It made me feel closer to him too.

Is he going to sing Christmas songs?

I honestly hope not...I wanna hear ALL Dave songs. But he can sing Row, Row, Row Your Boat and I'm be drooling all over the place!! Drool

I honestly hope not...I wanna hear ALL Dave songs. But he can sing Row, Row, Row Your Boat and I'm be drooling all over the place!! Drool

Laughing hystericallLaughing hystericall

True.I love acoustic David but I'm missing him at the band. :rockband:

Yeah my daughter is quite upset that she won't get to see Andy & Kyle...she loves them. She'll just have to wait for the solo tour!!

Now I see, it is an acoustic show.I'm almost sure it will be just David and Neal.I wonder if he already is in Orlando.

Does anyone know about a radio interview tomorrow at the radio?I'm almost sure the radio will interview him before the concert.

@Piper wrote:
PrissyCOOKieBR wrote:

I can't wait.

Thanks Daina !!!!

You're welcome!!! I need something to do other than watch the show since we can't take pics Very Sad

Just a bit of information:

David is supposed be 2nd to performe right after Gavin and it's supposed to be a 45 minute set.

ahhh thanks prissy so excited. Ahhh I should be semi packing I don't have much to bring honestly lol.

Also some fan was talking to Joey and he said the whole band will be there.

stop you are killing me right now? so no acoustic? i don't care this would be even more worth the trip. The whole band SQUEEEEEE~! You're lying.

datar164asa wrote:
ahhh thanks prissy so excited. Ahhh I should be semi packing I don't have much to bring honestly lol.

How exciting it is!!!!I can't wait for tomorrow and I'm not even going, so I can imagine how excited you all must be.The only thing that makes me sad is NO VIDEOS, NO PICS. Crying non-stopCrying non-stopCrying non-stopCrying non-stop