*Assigned sits*

Official info

Quote :
* David Cook
* Thursday, March 26, 2009
* Doors open at 6pm, Concert 7pm
* Campbell University- Turner Auditorium

Tickets:

$5 Campbell Students with a VALID (currently enrolled) undergraduate student ID. You will not be admitted on a student ticket without your student ID.

$15 General Public
Ticket Sale Information:

Sale dates are TBD, please check back. Tickets will be available to purchase on the Campbell Website, and at the Wallace Student Center Information Desk. There will be no phone sales.

Student ticket pre-sale date:
Tickets will go on sale for David Cook on Feb 20th at 9am online for CU students only. You will be able to purchase up to 6 student tickets at a time online, and students MUST be currently enrolled and present a VALID ID at the door. It is recommended that students get their tickets online as long lines are expected at the info desk.

Faculty and Staff pre-sale date:
CU faculty and staff (with a valid ID) as well as students may purchase tickets at the Student Center Information Desk starting at 9am on Feb 20th during the pre-sale.

General Public on sale date:
Any remaining tickets will go on sale online ONLY at 9am on Feb 27th to the general public and will be limited to 4 tickets per order.

Accessible Seating:
Please call 910-893-1551 for information on wheelchair accessible seating.

CU Undergraduate Students:
Tickets will go on sale to CU Students online and at the Info Desk for $5 (plus service fee online) during the pre-sale period.

CU Faculty, Staff, and Graduate Students:
Tickets will be available for $15 at the Info Desk ONLY (not online) during the pre-sale period. Please bring your Campbell ID.

General Public:
All remaining tickets will go on sale to the general public at the regular on sale date online and at the Info Desk for $15.

For additional information please call the Information Desk at 910-893-1551.

this is truly BFE. Tiny college, tiny town.

Guest Guest
BFE? That sucks! Why can't he choose big colleges like um... LSU or even University of New Orleans? Yeah, that would be nice. LOL

lovincook wrote:
BFE? That sucks! Why can't he choose big colleges like um... LSU or even University of New Orleans? Yeah, that would be nice. LOL
Yeah or even Southeastern Louisiana. LOL.

This one is on my radar so please tell me it's open to the public?? ?

lovincook wrote:

This show is like a word nerd wet dream for me. When I saw Campbell on the list, I had a tewergasm. Did I Say That? Never did I think he would come so close to my home. Raleigh, Greensboro, Charlotte, yeah that would be the normal route. I like to think he is coming to BFE just for me. drunkenLOL flag

Guest Guest
"just for you" LOL!! Do you think he has any idea of how BFE it really is?? Why couldn't he have come to Stewart Theater at NCSU?

GoodnessGracious wrote:
"just for you" LOL!! Do you think he has any idea of how BFE it really is?? Why couldn't he have come to Stewart Theater at NCSU?

Ah....sorry, I meant to say just for us.

And no, I don't think he realizes how BFE it is. Better for us. Susan, you wanted him to play State so you could just walk to the show. LOL flag

Guest Guest
Yup, that's it!!! I'd be willing to haul my lazy butt down the street. Plus my son is a sophomore there and could pick up tickets!!

GoodnessGracious wrote:

That's totally where I expected it to be!! I have a nephew there so I thought I would be all set with tix too. Oh well. BFE FTW!!! cheers

Guest Guest
I looked at the Campbell website tonight and there is a "Special concert" shown for March 26 - no other details. The whole week is shown as "Spring Fling" so that is making me very nervous that admission will be students only.

They should let WordNerds fling some spring, too!!

http://www.campbell.edu/campus/calendar/student-activities.html

GoodnessGracious wrote:
I looked at the Campbell website tonight and there is a "Special concert" shown for March 26 - no other details. The whole week is shown as "Spring Fling" so that is making me very nervous that admission will be students only.

They should let WordNerds fling some spring, too!!

http://www.campbell.edu/campus/calendar/student-activities.html

Yep, this seems like a possibility but I'm hoping not.

If so, I'm still going to stalk Buies Creek that evening. Twisted Evil

this is hilarious (in the lack of info):

http://www.campbell.edu/students/student-activities/springconcert.html

good guess on the BFE. When you grow up in BFE parts of North Carolina you learn these things.

I think it's great they're going here. He will hit people who would never have seen him otherwise, and they will tell all their friends. This school is heavily NC students...so it's a way to spread the news throughout the state. Between this and the Wilmington concert, NC is getting some cookie love!!

So, I have some news about Campbell University (March 26). I just talked with a guy there. He said the dates were announced earlier than planned and so they have been scrambling to put it together.

Campbell will be: Tix - Students first for 1 week, then public if available. Sale date, TBA
Seating - Reserved for this show. (The way he said it make me think it is not usually that way.)

Yoko, I'm not sure if this would be considered an equal opportunity show. It sure doesn't feel like it to me. I'll either be lucky to be in the back of the venue, or I'll be Crying non-stop in the parking lot. But that's a better opportunity than half the board has so I guess I shouldn't complain. *sigh*

Thanks for the info, Dee. You rock!

We'll try our hardest to get tix and if not, I'm totally down for a road to Campbell just to stalk him! Razz

We'll try our hardest to get tix and if not, I'm totally down for a road to Campbell just to stalk him! Razz

"We'll all sing along" in the parking lot. Maybe someone will have pity on us, or else we'll get arrested for loitering by Campus Security. LOL

"We'll all sing along" in the parking lot. Maybe someone will have pity on us, or else we'll get arrested for loitering by Campus Security. LOL

*packs bail money*

We are ALL Innocent

Guest Guest

I'm in for stalking, too!!

I can see it now . . .

But Officer, we only want to look at David Cook and talk to him and touch him and give him presents and take pictures and take him and the band home with us.

Not allowed? Ok, we'll go quietly. SIGH.
Crying non-stop

GoodnessGracious wrote:
I'm in for stalking, too!!

I can see it now . . .

But Officer, we only want to look at David Cook and talk to him and touch him and give him presents and take pictures and take him and the band home with us.

Not allowed? Ok, we'll go quietly. SIGH.
Crying non-stop

LOL Something like that *twiddles thumbs innocently* We are ALL Innocent

Ok, I'm copying and pasting from the tewer discussion thread in the DD. I'm going to go cry now. Sorry guys, I'm kind of having a tantrum right now. I'll get over it eventually.

They released an official announcement from Campbell. You will NOT be allowed in the door with a student ticket, unless you have a student ID.
Just last night I found a contact that might have been able to help us out on some tix and now THIS???!!!

"We'll all sing along"..........from the fucking parking lot apparently (unless they won't allow that either). The only way we can even get inside the doors is if it doesn't sell out.

Is anyone else having to deal with this or are they able to get in as long as they can get their hands on a ticket?

Here is the announcement: http://www.campbell.edu/students/student-activities/springconcert.html

Hey David, thanks for coming so close to my home. Too bad I won't get to see you perform. I really hope those campbell students know all your songs so they can "All sing along too".

Crying non-stop

Aww, Dee, thanks for finding this info!

This sounds like a similar story for other placs probably. At least there is the possibility of the tickets being available to the general public. I'm hoping that Campbell hasn't been Cookified yet!

We'll just have to wait and see!

Guest Guest
No problem - when I first read the announcement, I freaked, too. But there is a chance, at least.

And even if we can't get tickets, I still want to stalk! We can't let him be this close to us and not at least try for some up close and personal time.

I'll be obsessively checking the Campbell website for more info!

Hug

I'm trying to be positive so I'm happy for the Campbell kids. The school is doing right by them. It wasn't long ago that I was in college and it sucked sometimes so it was nice when your school actually did something good for you, like bring the American Idol to your school and give you first dibs on the tickets.

And hey, if the Campbell kids aren't interested, oh well... more for us!! Very Happy

Guest Guest
Hey, Dee, I ordered them but haven't gotten them in the mail yet. My daughter's going with me to keep me awake on the drive home. I asked for Section 18 because I don't do well in bleacher seats with no back - only the old lady seats for me!

I agree, Valerie, I'm happy for the Campbell students too, but like you said, if they don't want to see DC and the EEB, well then we know plenty of people who DO! Based on what I know about Campbell, I have a little trouble picturing the set list for this concert - hope they won't have to "clean it up" too much!

Awww... Dee! I hope you're feeling better about it now. I pretty much figured that would be the case so I had pretty much erased Campbell from my calendar. Plus, it's my book club night and what kind of Word Nerd would I be if I missed a book discussion!!! LOL! Smile Even if tickets are available I'm not sure I'll be going. Oh hell... who am I kidding??!! I'll be interested to see if the kids snap up all the tickets.

Guest Guest
The lure of the Cookie is strong!

@Kim76 wrote:
Are tickets not open to the public???

Students get tickets first and if there were any tickets left they will sell to general public, date of the sales TBA.

Thanks so much. *crossing finger, toes, eyes.....* LOL

An article about the show:

Quote :
'American Idol' winner David Cook brings tour to Campbell

“American Idol” winner David Cook will give a concert at Campbell University on March 26.

Cook is the most recent winner of the popular Fox talent search competition. His stop in Buies Creek is part of his first headlining tour, “The Declaration Tour,” which kicks off Feb. 13 in Tallahassee, Fla.

On “Idol,” he appealed to viewers with his rock ‘n’ roll sensibilities and ability to craft new arrangements of old classics, including Michael Jackson’s “Billie Jean” and Mariah Carey’s “Always Be My Baby.” He beat out another David — David Archuleta — who has gone on to attract an adult contemporary audience.

His debut self-titled album, “David Cook,” was just certified platinum for sales of 1 million units. It was released in November and debuted at No. 3 on the Billboard charts and at No. 1 on the digital album charts.

His singles “The Time of My Life” and “Light On” also have generated millions of downloads.

The concert is at 7 p.m. at Turner Auditorium. Tickets are $15 for the general public and $5 for Campbell students with a valid ID. Call 893-1551 for more information.

Thanks for the article Prissy. They really shouldn't advertise it since they are making it practically impossible to attend it.

Pssst........I heard a rumor that as of Feb. 3, a contract had not been signed yet. (Someone that works at Campbell told my moms friend this).

Anyone getting tickets on the presale willing to get me one? Please! I can get the money to you asap. ?

The presale is for students and faculty. The only way any of us can get in is if the students don't buy all the tix. The place holds 757 people and if you have a student or faculty ticket you have to show ID at the door to use those tix.

***Campbell has a facility that could hold several thousand people but are using the small auditorium.

IF it makes it to the public sale. All sales will be online so we are all in the same boat.

Campbell had updated their site. Tix for students go on sale Feb. 20. They can buy up to 6 at a time. They are expecting long lines. Any remaining tix go to the public at 9:00 on Feb. 27. Here is a link: http://www.campbell.edu/students/student-activities/springconcert.html

Oh well, it's nice they're going to be so close to my house but too bad I won't be able to go. Very Sad I'm having myself a big pity party that night!! LOL

Campbell had updated their site. Tix for students go on sale Feb. 20. They can buy up to 6 at a time. They are expecting long lines. Any remaining tix go to the public at 9:00 on Feb. 27. Here is a link: http://www.campbell.edu/students/student-activities/springconcert.html

Oh well, it's nice they're going to be so close to my house but too bad I won't be able to go. Very Sad I'm having myself a big pity party that night!! LOL

Eileen, are you not going to try to get a ticket if it goes public?

The presale is for students and faculty. The only way any of us can get in is if the students don't buy all the tix. The place holds 757 people and if you have a student or faculty ticket you have to show ID at the door to use those tix.

***Campbell has a facility that could hold several thousand people but are using the small auditorium.

IF it makes it to the public sale. All sales will be online so we are all in the same boat.

Dee, online it says that if it makes it to the general public, you can buy online or at the Info Desk. Have you heard otherwise? I'm just wondering. If we can, I think I'm going to try to buy online. The question will be, do I try for more than one ticket... Maybe I should stop getting my hopes up! Razz

Guest Guest
Don't lose hope, Valerie!

There's still a chance, and then there's always going down there and stalking before/after the show if necessary. I can't stand the thought of David and the EEB being so close and not getting a glimpse in person. Maybe the people running things would have pity on us and let us stand outside the doors and listen!

Dee, online it says that if it makes it to the general public, you can buy online or at the Info Desk. Have you heard otherwise? I'm just wondering. If we can, I think I'm going to try to buy online. The question will be, do I try for more than one ticket... Maybe I should stop getting my hopes up! Razz

At the top of the announcement (where they updated the info) it says 'online only' if it goes public. The bottom of the announcement has never changed form the first day it was put up. Friday is a school day so I wouldn't have time to get over to Campbell before 9:00 am anyway. We will need to be online at 9:00 sharp though.

GoodnessGracious wrote:

There's still a chance, and then there's always going down there and stalking before/after the show if necessary. I can't stand the thought of David and the EEB being so close and not getting a glimpse in person. Maybe the people running things would have pity on us and let us stand outside the doors and listen!

I'm with ya! There's only a few of us going from these boards anyway, it's not like a massive crowd.

GoodnessGracious wrote:

Ah! Thanks for clearing this up Dee!! That's just fine with me. *crosses fingers*

And Susan ^^ you are so right! Even if we don't get tickets, we are too close and Buies Creek is too small a town not to wander in there, find somewhere to park and hang out by Turner. I just spent some time trying to figure out where it is, it's in Rich Hall. We'll just keep our eyes peeled for a giant tour bus!

And yes, if we can keep our crazy in check, maybe they won't kick us off their campus and let us listen from outside! LOL

GoodnessGracious wrote:

Ah! Thanks for clearing this up Dee!! That's just fine with me. *crosses fingers*

And Susan ^^ you are so right! Even if we don't get tickets, we are too close and Buies Creek is too small a town not to wander in there, find somewhere to park and hang out by Turner. I just spent some time trying to figure out where it is, it's in Rich Hall. We'll just keep our eyes peeled for a giant tour bus!

And yes, if we can keep our crazy in check, maybe they won't kick us off their campus and let us listen from outside! LOL

There was only one person who went crazy last year and it was no one from this current group. I'm not worried about you guys at all, but if I see you-know-who, I'm NOT standing next to her. LOL

Guest Guest
I promise not to run around screaming people's names this time to try to get everyone all together in the same place. I'm happy that apparently I'm not you-know-who for doing that! I have my own particular you-know-who that I remember from Charlotte, and again, it's no one in this group. You all were GREAT!

Thanks, Valerie, for advance planning for stealthy stalking maneuvers.