Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Piper

David will perform at AI FINAL ???

Anybody knows if it's confirmed the he will be at the Final Show ????

Please!Fingers Crossed!!!Please!

Guest Guest
Fingers Crossed!!!

Oh man! I thought you guys had some new info. I rushed into this thread. LOL Face I hope we hear something soon!

He said at the Singapore conference he WILL be at the finale, so I'm sure he will performe too.I hope its ADAM or BBS.

@Prissy wrote:
He said at the Singapore conference he WILL be at the finale, so I'm sure he will performe too.I hope its ADAM or BBS.

ClappingClappingClappingJoy danceJoy danceJoy dancecheerscheerscheersWooHoo!!WooHoo!!WooHoo!!

I guess he will probably sing HEROES.... Just a intuition....

But I don't mind which song he will sing... since he will be there....IT WILL BE MeltMeltMeltMeltMelt

@Prissy wrote:

Yay!! Is there going to be a DR for the show, and is anyone going?

Heroes would actually be a great song choice for the finale too - though I'm still hoping for ADAM

Guest Guest
As long as he sings anything of DCTR other than LO or CBTM again, I'll be ecstatic!

Me too, Stacy.

@Piper wrote:
@Prissy wrote:

ClappingClappingClappingJoy danceJoy danceJoy dancecheerscheerscheersWooHoo!!WooHoo!!WooHoo!!

I guess he will probably sing HEROES.... Just a intuition....

But I don't mind which song he will sing... since he will be there....IT WILL BE MeltMeltMeltMeltMelt

I was thinking about this yesterday and I think you might be right about Heroes. Emotionally, he may not be able to do Permanent plus I think that this song is to personal for the AI finale - the night is about celebrating Adam and Kris and marking all that has happened to David this past year, post AI - I'm not sure Permanent would represent that as a whole. BBS may be too 'rock' for the AI viewing audience. That would leave ADAM or Heroes. Either would be great and each would emcompass a tribute to Adam, although the former in initials only. While I would prefer to see ADAM, I have a feeling it's going to be Heroes.

Maybe it's not going to be something off of DCTR at all. Don't they usually have current/past recording artists come to duet with that season's contestants? (ZZ Top, Seal, Graham Nash, etc. from last year) It might be cool if he came to do a duet with one of them... he and Allison could really rock out on a bad ass cover. I've been dying to hear her do Stevie Nicks and you know how Dave loves Fleetwood Mac. I just don't remember former contestants coming back to sing one of their own songs on finale night before. It's usually all about the current contestants. scratch

ETA: Did Jordin come back to do one of her own songs at last year's finale? That's terrible that I don't remember.

ETA2: Okay, just looked on YouTube, apparently she sang "One Step At a Time" on the finale. Scratch the duet with Allison then. Very Sad My vote is for BBS, that's the only other single AND it's awesome! Smile

Guest Guest

I honestly don't care what he sings. I'm just thrilled that he will be there! WooHoo!!

IM Soo excited to see him next week too!!

Ims till in ym fantasy dream of seeing him and Adam onstage together ROFLOL

Laughing hystericallLaughing hystericall

I think he might do LOTM. He did say that it was sort of about how he felt when he was on idol ( He did say that right? Or am I just coming up with crap? LOL ) so that might be a fitting song.

I think he might do LOTM. He did say that it was sort of about how he felt when he was on idol ( He did say that right? Or am I just coming up with crap? LOL ) so that might be a fitting song.

Maybe you are right dear !!! scratch

@Piper wrote:

Maybe you are right dear !!! scratch

It makes sense, though, doesn't it? I guess we'll have to wait and see. Alhtough I could see him doing BBS too because that's one of his singles. Of course, he hasn't done LO on idol yet, so there's a possibility for that, too.

i think life on the moon would be the best choice as well!

Hmm I don't know about Life on the Moon. It's not really a happy song about the prizes of fame. Sure, he said it was about his time on Idol, but it talks about being in a different world, lost, all alone, punched left and right ect. It's about the feeling of having your life changed drastically so fast that you're left wondering what the hell just happened to you. It's about the strangeness and absurity of sudden fame. Not exactly Time of My Life right there.

ADAM would fit(plus Idol has used that song) and BBS since it is his single, and Heroes has that successful, happy feeling vibe as well.

i would imagine it would be bbs since its the other single.

@CCforDC wrote:
Hmm I don't know about Life on the Moon. It's not really a happy song about the prizes of fame. Sure, he said it was about his time on Idol, but it talks about being in a different world, lost, all alone, punched left and right ect. It's about the feeling of having your life changed drastically so fast that you're left wondering what the hell just happened to you. It's about the strangeness and absurity of sudden fame. Not exactly Time of My Life right there.

ADAM would fit(plus Idol has used that song) and BBS since it is his single, and Heroes has that successful, happy feeling vibe as well.

Or Declaration! It's a good-feeling, upbeat song, and gets the crowd involved and it would be fitting to declare himself on essentially the anniversary of his win!

I would be ok with Declaration as well. But since he did that on SNL and other shows, I want something not seen before ya know? I'm greedy like that. I want everyone to see something new from him that knocks them on their ass.

Yeah. Like I said, I will just be immensely happy if he does anything off DCTR other than LO or CBTM. Very Happy

^ I agree especially since it's the day before the anniversary of his finale.

What I would love to hear is ADAM. I think it would be epic to see the audience doing the hand swaying and whoa whoa's. Heart However, he may not want to sing that yet (which I understand). Heroes would be awesome as well, since it's such an inspirational, feel good song. But I kind of expect them to do BBS, since it's the new single. Plus I want him to be able to rock out after that not so exciting CBTM performance last time. Seeing guitar sex on the Idol stage is already getting me excited! LOL. I'm just afraid they'll cut that part out since the radio edit is shorter. Evil or Very Mad

I almost dont care what he sings it will be so good to see him on that stage where we all made his dream come true.

And im actually excited to see what he'll be wearing. lol

And the fact that they they better not put him on the first 30 mins cuz i wotn eb home yet and i feel really bad if id o miss him=/

Yeah. Like I said, I will just be immensely happy if he does anything off DCTR other than LO or CBTM. Very Happy

And notice how no matter what song it is, we are all like, "Oh well he'll kick ass and everyone will love him".

Well he did say, "Here are my terms have some faith in me."

@CCforDC wrote:

Well maybe he'll do that song again! I doubt it, but I'd love to see him perform it one last time on the idol stage ( Althought I'd end up crying.. Great )

@CCforDC wrote:

And notice how no matter what song it is, we are all like, "Oh well he'll kick ass and everyone will love him".

Well he did say, "Here are my terms have some faith in me."

And we obey. Whoa!!!

Well it'll be better than his last appearance on the show because it will be LIVE, and most likely not CBTM. Smile

I hope he gets to sing. I know he said he'd be there, but so was Blake Lewis last year and he didn't sing.

But they'll probably make him sing and I'm worrying for nothing. LOL flag

Well, Blake Lewis was only the runner-up, not the winner. I doubt we expect Archie to sing at the finale either.

And I completely agree with the list of what I don't want him to sing -- but add TOML to that, please Smile. (And I don't believe he would, either -- there's no way the AI producers would want the most successful coronation single in AI history to outshine the new single, and given the winner's songs' history, it very well might.)

So, yeah, that's my song preference (or non-preference, as it were) -- but the other thing I hope is that the stage blocking and sound mix will have improved over CBTM, and that the live audience vibe will result in a better performance for Dave than the taped audience vibe.

@cimorene wrote:
And I completely agree with the list of what I don't want him to sing -- but add TOML to that, please Smile.

I hope is that the stage blocking and sound mix will have improved over CBTM, and that the live audience vibe will result in a better performance for Dave than the taped audience vibe.

Add IDIFY to my list of "Please don't sing this, David" songs.

And I think that the forced growling ("Yes, I really am a rock singer, in spite of this inspid pop song") had more to do with his sub-par performance when he returned to Idol.
Razz

scratch Is the finale the 21st? I didn't watch this season so i just want to make sure i don't miss the finale.

My list for "Please don't sing David" is:

CBTM
LO
IDIFY
Avalance
Since they are all either done before or sappy ballad love song goo.

and of course..

NO FREAKIN RAINBOW!!! (Of course I think that goes without saying and I'm sort of sure David would rather eat mustard then sing that again.)

@cimorene wrote:
And I completely agree with the list of what I don't want him to sing -- but add TOML to that, please Smile.

I hope is that the stage blocking and sound mix will have improved over CBTM, and that the live audience vibe will result in a better performance for Dave than the taped audience vibe.

Add IDIFY to my list of "Please don't sing this, David" songs.

And I think that the forced growling ("Yes, I really am a rock singer, in spite of this inspid pop song") had more to do with his sub-par performance when he returned to Idol.
Razz

I personally think it was the marginalization of the EEB that was the biggest problem with it. It didn't sound right with their sound so shallow and I think they way they were also physically thrown in the corners messed up David's band vibe that is what makes DWEEB so much more amazing that Idol Dave.

@CCforDC wrote:
My list for "Please don't sing David" is:

CBTM
LO
IDIFY
Avalance
Since they are all either done before or sappy ballad love song goo.

and of course..

NO FREAKIN RAINBOW!!! (Of course I think that goes without saying and I'm sort of sure David would rather eat mustard then sing that again.)

I agree especially about the magic rainbow. Heard it on the radio yesterday and am so glad that it's still getting good airplay 1 year later but PLEASE do not sing it!

David said the Magic Rainbow was retired. Have some faith in him that he will instead make a Declaration to his Heroes like ADAM or pay homage to the fact, no Lie, that forgetting his Bar-ba-sol got Mr. Sensitive an Avalanche of Permanent attention on Idol.

Guest Guest
LOL Face Good one Stacy!

Guest Guest
David said the Magic Rainbow was retired. Have some faith in him that he will instead make a Declaration to his Heroes like ADAM or pay homage to the fact, no Lie, that forgetting his Bar-ba-sol got Mr. Sensitive an Avalanche of Permanent attention on Idol.

I'm Not Worthy! Stacy!! Clapping Isn't that the "The Truth!"

Guest Guest

I think he should just "Let Go". LOL flag

And "Makeover" the finale.

Hmm we could do this all night. Laughing

EveAngelical wrote:
I think he should just "Let Go". LOL flag

Oh, hell, yeah! :rock on: I'd have a heart attack and keel over but I'd die a happy woman.

awaw i wanna play thought you knew!!

ok yeah im way too late i know..but yeah if there ever was magic rainbows sung i would throw shit at my TV!! it wont happen. but i am very excited to see what he sings! and i want lots of EEB too, not them hanging out in the rafters!