Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cjester27

David Cook: Grammy nominee? (DATE FOR NOMINATIONS!!)

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/on-the-download-mid-season-2009-grammy-picks/27214

Twitter's been BUZZING about this one.

EDITED: I edited the title of this thread, since it's just speculation...for now. Actual nods come later this year.

EDITED 2:

Quote :
@TheGRAMMYs: @cjester27 Wednesday, December 2nd, 2009 from 8-9pm ET/PT on CBS.

Got this reply from the official twitter account from The Grammys today

OH God, I won't be able to watch. It will be like his winning moment all over again. I will have to wait for reruns and video's. I can't take suspense.

OUR BOY MADE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm in tears..

Awww, it's just a prediction. Well that let the air out of my balloon real fast. When is it official. Anyone know?

@vsteph1 wrote:
Awww, it's just a prediction. Well that let the air out of my balloon real fast. When is it official. Anyone know?

It says later on this year. Probably towards the start of December maybe? IDK.

The numbers folks on DCO have been keeping pretty good tabs on this... generally nominations are announced in late September/early October.

Also, just so you're all aware, they've done a little research and while believe me I will be cheering with the rest of you if the nomination happens, they're not altogether sure it will... but they're pretty sure he'll be nominated for either or both of Best Male Pop Vocalist and Best Male Rock Vocalist.... and of the former, in the last several years, it looks like only Justin Timberlake and John Meyer have won this award... which means a DC nomination and even a win are not completely out of the ballpark. Smile

And even if Best New Artist doesn't pan out, even one win still makes him "Grammy-winning." I think we'll all take that. Smile

Out of all the people on that "probable" list, David would have that in the bag should it go that way. Gloriana is okay, but haven't been around that long and sure don't hold a candle to Cookie. Can't wait to see what unfolds in the coming months.

@cimorene wrote:
And even if Best New Artist doesn't pan out, even one win still makes him "Grammy-winning." I think we'll all take that. Smile

Heck, I'd be happy with nominated this year - winning would be drunken

P.S. David, if you're lurking, I have experience designing very cool trophy shelves - one being built for my client now who has more than a handful of Emmies I had to design for. Just sayin'. If you need an architect. Wink

I hope he gets nominated for it and takes it home!
Hes worked so hard over the past year.
If he gets nominated for it and takes it home
I believe he would be the 3rd American Idol to take it home.
Carrie and Kelly already took it home

Oh and nominations are announced usually in December, but if the grammys are held in January, but they usually are held in Febuary. They might announce them in late October, early November. Usually it's 2-3 months in advance.

I think Daughtry and Jennifer Hudson are also among the AI alumni who've won, right?

What I'm wondering is how many of the former AI finalists (not even winners) have won one right out of the AI gate. I think that's as good an indication as any of a benchmark to superstardom by the outside world. The only one I can think of is Carrie... are there any others?

ETA: Alyssa Joy, thanks for the correction on the timing.... I think I misunderstood something I had read.

Carrie I know won the Best new Artist right out of the gate. she released her CD in November 2005, but it didn't make it in time for her to be on the list of nominees for the grammys. But she took it home in 2007.

And Chris and Jennifer never one the Best new artist ones, Jennifer this past year took home Best R&B Album, and I believe Chris took home best Rock Album a few years back. not sure on that one

No problem! thats how I always saw it, I watch a lot of award shows an learned to know that that announce the nominees 2-3 months before the awards date. Smile

Oh yeah I was one of the ones who saw this on Twitter tonight and it really brought a smile to my face just to see that he is even predicted to be in the category! I really hope it BECOMES true by the time they announce the nominees. He totally deserves it!

Guest Guest

best new artist????

DAMN RIGHT HE IS!!!!!

Joy danceJoy dance

Gosh, I really hope this happens for him!!! He so deserves it. If those were the list of nominees for best new artist, he'd totally take it away. That song by the Ting Tings seems pretty popular, but he would overpower. Very Happy Just like him, I don't care what it is he's nominated for, I just want him up there!

I think it's very probable that he will get at least one nomination -- the win will be the harder part. But can't you guys just see him sitting in that seat with the camera on him when they announce his name??? And if he's nominated, it will be likely that he'll perform, too. Or even if he's not. I can see him up on that stage performing Permanent with a full orchestra behind him and Andy on the Baby Grand.... and there go my fantasies again.

I would love to just see him in the audience. A win would be an added bonus. Smile

Permanent would be beautiful for the Grammys. Awww Love

I think it's very probable that he will get at least one nomination -- the win will be the harder part. But can't you guys just see him sitting in that seat with the camera on him when they announce his name??? And if he's nominated, it will be likely that he'll perform, too. Or even if he's not. I can see him up on that stage performing Permanent with a full orchestra behind him and Andy on the Baby Grand.... and there go my fantasies again.

I personally think he should perform BBS at the Grammy's. Dammit that song needs a big platform and is there anything bigger. And it would not be to rocky for that audience either. Rock artists always perform rock songs on that show. The exposure would be huge, and it is one of the best songs on the record AND it would show the rock snobs just what he's made of! Yeah, I know, I'm dreaming, but the song is freaking incredible live. Can you see him on that stage and all the guys rocking out and Neal shredding and GAH! I'm getting carried away with a fantasy. Shit, that would be the perfect stage and platform for that song to get some notice.

Just thinking about all this really makes me want to cry now! LOL I just want him to be there.

I could see him rock out on BBS and do the full out orchestra/piano of Permanent. Either one...just him on the Grammy stage performing...that would be more than words can say.

@DCFAN89 wrote:
Just thinking about all this really makes me want to cry now! LOL I just want him to be there.

WORD. I feel like screaming/crying. I'm shaking.

Agreeing with Jul- Permanent, as well as any of his other songs,
would all be beautiful for the Grammys.

I'll be totally happy if he gets nominated... If he doesn't win I'm totally fine with that. If he does... I'll be in bliss!

I'm confused now. Kathy/Cougarslovecook posted that he was nominated.

@cougarslovecook: GRAMMY NEWS: DAVID COOK NOMINATED FOR BEST NEW ARTIST!! CONGRATS DAVID!!

ETA: Seen alot of posts on Twitter about everything being only rumored and speculation. Granted we knew this from the get go. So I'm sure they just read it wrong or misunderstood. Just wanted to kinda retract my post.

I'll be looking forward to December when the nominations come out.

I'm confused now. Kathy/Cougarslovecook posted that he was nominated.

@cougarslovecook: GRAMMY NEWS: DAVID COOK NOMINATED FOR BEST NEW ARTIST!! CONGRATS DAVID!!

ETA: Seen alot of posts on Twitter about everything being only rumored and speculation. Granted we knew this from the get go. So I'm sure they just read it wrong or misunderstood. Just wanted to kinda retract my post.

I'll be looking forward to December when the nominations come out.

i got yelled at for retweeting that.. it's just speculation.

RT @Jai_S: Do NOT spread news about David Cook and Grammy nom - it is false - noms don't come out until December

If that projected "New Artist" list ends up coming to fruition, then Dave SHOULD be a shoe in, I would think. Maybe I'm trying to invoke the power of positive thinking here but really, David HAS been the most successful and has had the most quality material of the bunch.

Love it or not, Magic Rainbow was a mega-hit for him, LO should be going platinum at some point soon and CBTM is still building steam so I really think, at least of that list of performers, David does have the best shot.

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for either best song or record for Permanent too. That song is too special to be ignored.

God, can you just imagine the pride on his face as the nominees are announced at the show itself. He'll be beaming! The thought damn near brings tears to my eyes!

@DCFAN89 wrote:

WORD. I feel like screaming/crying. I'm shaking.

Agreeing with Jul- Permanent, as well as any of his other songs,
would all be beautiful for the Grammys.

Keep on praying, girls!! Being nominated is such an big honor for him, and winning is the best! Fingers Crossed!!!

keep3394.jpg

I think that we would all be over the moon if he did get that nomination. I also think that they should at least give "TOML" or "LO" a nominee too. Or is that just me thinking that?lol

I saw this last night and couldnt contain myself! I really really hope he at least gets nominated. I'm also kind of crossing my fingers that Permanent gets a nod for song writing. Seeing him go up and accept that award would be amazing. If he wins an award for anything, I will totally cry tears of joy! lol

Oh btw Daughtry has yet to win a Grammy. They are eligible to be nominated this year though since Leave This Town came out in July. It's a great record and deserves a nod. They really should win a Grammy finally after loosing all four two years ago.

Ugh, I hate being a downer on this thread, but just be aware -- Green Day's and U2's albums are also both up this year. Which means that any rock BAND (as opposed to single vocalist) awards will likely go to one of them, in addition to their much higher possibility that they'll take home one of the bigger awards (esp. anything rock-related) than David. On the other hand, neither of them is eligible for awards like Best New Artist or Best Male Rock Vocalist, so that's where David has the best shot.

Guest Guest

As per grammy.com the 52nd. Grammy Awards will be held at the Staple Center in Los Angeles on Sunday, Jan. 31, 2010, and will air live on the CBS Television Network from 8–11:30 p.m. (ET/PT). The Grammy nominations announcement will probably made in October/November, as it typically happens two/three months prior to the awards show.

Regarding David's possible nomination and/or winning, he totally deserves both in any category the Recording Academy members choose to put him in. New artist seems an easier category to win than Best Male Pop or Best Male Rock (not that I think he isn't totally eligible).

Anywho, if he wins, if he's nominated but doesn't win or if he just performs or whatever links his name to the Grammys, I'll be a happy camper. Though I'm praying and hoping and crossing fingers for a win cheers

As to which song to perform, maybe "Permanent" would be TMTH for him in such an emotional/epic environment. BBS would be just amazing and would show the world DC&TA's rock at its best!

I seen that and was like he needs to win,he is the best on that list!I would so love to see his reaction if he did win!

@vsteph1 wrote:

I personally think he should perform BBS at the Grammy's. Dammit that song needs a big platform and is there anything bigger. And it would not be to rocky for that audience either. Rock artists always perform rock songs on that show. The exposure would be huge, and it is one of the best songs on the record AND it would show the rock snobs just what he's made of! Yeah, I know, I'm dreaming, but the song is freaking incredible live. Can you see him on that stage and all the guys rocking out and Neal shredding and GAH! I'm getting carried away with a fantasy. Shit, that would be the perfect stage and platform for that song to get some notice.

Sometimes artists do medleys... can you just see the OMG of the entire audience if he did parts of Permanent AND BBS?? It would certainly showcase his versatility as an artist and make people stand up and take notice if they haven't already done so.

I agree about thinking that David is totally deserving of a Grammy.

But I kind of have a gut feeling that he won't perform.

Even if he isn't nominated, I'm sure just being in the audience would be a really cool thing for him.

I hope this really happens for him! Awww Love The nomination in itself would be an honor.
A performance would be amazing! I agree: BBS on the Grammy stage, FTW! cheers

I dunno... I have a really good feeling about this! Like, I have completely gone past "I wonder if he'll get nominated..." and have moved right into "I wonder what he's going to wear..." WooHoo!!

I will still keep my fingers crossed and pray to all that is holy, but I don't think David needs my help. He is more than deserving and is completely worthy of a Best New Artist nom. Go, David!

I think we all might love plode if DC&TA do BBS at the Grammy's.

Considering the huge lack of good music these days, I think he has a great shot at being nominated and even winning something. He definitely deserves it. Go Dave!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.