Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CookifiedTexan

Possible Disneymania Tracklisting Rumor

Found this on idolforums.net:

Quote :

There is a rumored tracklisting for the next volume of Disney's Disneymania series. Three of these tracks are:
Jordin Sparks - Colors of The Wind (confirmed by Disney), Kris Allen - When She Loved Me, and David Cook - I'm Still Here.

There are also Rumors that Archie will be on the disk as well.

According to this site, the next Disneymania CD is scheduled to be released on March 2.

Quote :
After the last Disneymania album, Princess Disneymania, which featured reused songs, Walt Disney Records has finally scheduled a new installment in the Disneymania series. Disneymania 7 will be released on March 2nd.

Could be bogus, could be worth some attention. *shrug* What do y'all think?

So I've done some preliminary digging, and it appears that the official tracklist hasn't been released yet. Everything that you see floating around is nothing but rumors and predictions. But it's interesting that David's name came up. I just want to know where the original idolforums poster got the infom.

But if its true...
Dave would cover a song from a Disney movie that it wasnt a huge hit like Jordin with Pocahontas. I barely know about Treasure Planet.

If you can choose a Disney song for David, what would it be?

Honestly? None of them. Most Disney songs=cheesy. Don't get me wrong, I'm a product of the 80s and 90s, grew up on Disney Classics, can sing every word of almost every Disney song from that time frame and even most from before my time, and own just about every Disney classic (in both VHS and DVD). But I would like for David to step AWAY from the cheesfest. Magic Rainbows, anyone?

Now, thats not to say that he wouldn't benefit from the association; I'm sure he would. But IF he is singing this song and IF he is recording it for this CD, then it's a good choice- it doesn't have as big of a cheese-factor attached. If I remember correctly, this song is one of the few not sung by an animated animal character.

Just IMO. Carry on.

Agreed.. I mean, can you imagine him singing like.. Zippity-Do-Dah or some crap like that?! LOL Face

I of course will love anything that man sings..but honestly recording a Disney song doesn't go well with him trying to establish himself as a rock artist...IMO

LMAO. I would PAY BIG MONEY to see him skip around a stage and sing Zippity-doo-dah. ROFLOL My oh my, what a wonderful day. Plenty of sunshine headin' my way..... HEY! It would fit in with the Magic Rainbows theme! He could do a whole CD of "feel good, sunshine-puppies-and-sparkles" songs!!! Laughing hystericall

I'll have to listen to the song when I get home before I make any judgment. But as long as it's not too cheesy, and publicity is good publicity. Great

Oh yeah, I'm sure that's EXACTLY what he planned for his next CD.. Laughing hystericall

As long as Dave, don't get a wild hair and start singing "Eye to Eye" from The Goofy Movie....I think things will be just fine.

Guest Guest
I'll have to listen to the song when I get home before I make any judgment. But as long as it's not too cheesy, and publicity is good publicity. Great

The song is not the usual Disney cheesefest, IMO. And if David can put his personal spin on it, it might end up being a good one Very Happy

Anyways, I don't see any harm (on the contrary), to see his name advertised in this way.

*hopes rumor is true*

Guest Guest

After listening to that song, it isn't nearly as cheesy as most Disney songs, and I could hear him doing it. It would be good publicity, and it never hurts to get his face and voice out there.

And sign me up... I'd pay good money to see him skipping around the stage singing "Zippedy-do-dah" as well. ROFLOL

I'm listening to the song now. It sounds like a David song. I could hear him singing it.

Yeah !!! I can imagine him singing !!! It will be Great !!! bounceWooHoo!!Yahoo!Dancin Smiley

I have mixed feelings about this...

I really like the song; I can definitely imagine David singing it. Also,, yes it is publicity. And as Stacy said, any publicity is good publicity.

But at the same time, it's DisneyMania. And I know when I think of DisneyMania, I think of Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers, ect. All those children of Disney Channel. And if he is trying to establish himself as more of a rock artist, this sure as hell wont help him one bit.

All my opinion, of course.

Yeah, it'll be more catered towards kids, but he DOES have kids as fans.. so in that sense I think it's a good thing.

But at the same time, it's DisneyMania. And I know when I think of DisneyMania, I think of Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers, ect. All those children of Disney Channel. And if he is trying to establish himself as more of a rock artist, this sure as hell wont help him one bit.

That's exactly why I don't want David associated with a Disney song. He'll get stigmatized and lumped in with the crappy teeny bopper singers, and what ROCK musician sings for Disney? I can't think of any.

@Nicole wrote:

That's exactly why I don't want David associated with a Disney song. He'll get stigmatized and lumped in with the crappy teeny bopper singers, and what ROCK musician sings for Disney? I can't think of any.

Well, Johnny Rzeznik did write and sing it on the soundtrack. I don't think he has been stigmatized by it. Christina Aguilera, Smashmouth, and Usher were some of the artists on DisneyMania. I see nothing wrong with David being on this album, just as I don't see anything wrong with movie stars doing the voice overs for the Disney movies.

ETA: I would love to see David singing with one of the muppets on Sesame Street. Very Happy

Guest Guest

I agree, fangirrl. IMO, participating in a project like this one doesn't compromise David's pursue of a career as a rock musician. I see it as another way to broaden the scope of people who listens to his VOICE. It's a side project, associated with a huge name in the industry, nothing more and nothing less. IMO, of course Smile

It's really doubtful that one Disney song would make or break his career.

@Jul wrote:

Whoa. Well I'm definitely not saying that it will break his career, at all. I'm just saying that it's just not really helping him get away from the American Idol stigma

@Jul wrote:

Whoa. Well I'm definitely not saying that it will break his career, at all. I'm just saying that it's just not really helping him get away from the American Idol stigma

Maybe David is comfortable with his AI/Disney relationship. Just Sayin'

OK, don't hate me, but I really liked the song and I could hear David singing it. Not sure how I feel about him being associated with Disney though. Big name, lots of money and publicity, but not sure this is going to do anything to cement his image. Of course, if he puts out a rockin album next record, then that is what is going to sell him as a rocker. Well, that and his live performances. jmo, of course. But I'm sort of torn on this subject.

And lmao at the image of David singing zippity do da...

@vsteph1 wrote:
OK, don't hate me, but I really liked the song and I could hear David singing it. Not sure how I feel about him being associated with Disney though. Big name, lots of money and publicity, but not sure this is going to do anything to cement his image. Of course, if he puts out a rockin album next record, then that is what is going to sell him as a rocker. Well, that and his live performances. jmo, of course. But I'm sort of torn on this subject.

That's exactly what I was trying to say

@vsteph1 wrote:

That's exactly what I was trying to say

Yeah, IMO, side stuff like this can only help get his name out there more. It's his next album that sets the direction he's moving in from DCTR to the future.

The FUTURE! alien abduction LOL.

Guest Guest
IIRC Elton John and Phil Collins have both written and recorded songs for Disney movies. I think even Sarah McLachlan did one song for them.

Disney is a big buisness and they bring in a lot of customers. I think getting Daves name out there to younger kids can only bring more fans for him.

Disney is a big buisness and they bring in a lot of customers. I think getting Daves name out there to younger kids can only bring more fans for him.

And don't forget that they own ESPN and ABC. They may have been the ones to get David's songs played on ESPN and get the Extreme Makeover show (ABC). I wouldn't be so quick to write them off.

IMO When i think of Disney music i think Bubblegum pop songs (Miley, JoBros)and if dave is apart of that people might think that he is pop and not rock. I'm not saying he shouldn't do it, i want him too but i'm just hopeing no one think's he's pop and not rock.

Guest Guest
IMO When i think of Disney music i think Bubblegum pop songs (Miley, JoBros)and if dave is apart of that people might think that he is pop and not rock. I'm not saying he shouldn't do it, i want him too but i'm just hopeing no one think's he's pop and not rock.

Must be a generational thing. When I think of Disney I think of the classic animated movies and the sound tracks from them. I'm think the younger generation associates Disney with Miley, Jonas Bros etc. Thankfully it sounds like this compilation album is all tracks from movies and not a collection of bubble gum crap. I wonder when the confirmed list of artists involved will come out.

I was watching Tarzan movies, and Phil Collin's song is one of my favorites of Disney. And I was wondering how David would sing that song?. Maybe im being whimsical about this, but dreaming doesn't cost anything.

But, also as we know David, he is apt to arrange the song suitable to him, and well Phil's version is like untouchable. So it could be weird to listen it on David's mode. And I'm Still Here, as some people have said, sounds like David music.

Probably this comment is very much personal, but wanted to spill it out. Embarassed if its ok with you...

I actually would love this if it were true. Now everyone knows I am not one for commercialized Disney Tween music and I think it's half of what is wrong with music today. But this is a different beast. I actually own the previous Disneymania CD and would buy this one with or without Dave on it.

Disneymania is not some tween CD, it's a collection of classic Disney film songs with new artists putting different spins on them. It's a collector must have for any Disney freak, which I am. I love Disney films, love Disney Parks and all things classic Disney. As other have said, some of the greatest and most prolific rock and AC artists have contributed music to Disney films and it has not hurt their careers. Why would it automatically do so for David's? Just because something is associated with Disney does not mean it will fall into the Jonas Brothers/Miley/Selena/Demi field. There is more to Disney than that garbage.

Also, not to point out the obvious but Dave is considered a pop artist to most people(check out a music store, he is in the pop section), being on AI and singing songs like CBTM and TOML kind of cemented that. So being on a Disney CD is not going to shock anyone or confuse them. Plus it will bring his voice to a lot of people. Genre takes a backseat to that type of promo.

I absolutely adored Dave's rendition of "When You Wish Upon A Star".... Jiminey Cricket pretty much set the bar on that one, lol, but Dave managed to do it justice....brought a tear to my eye anyway! CryingClapping

Guest Guest
1. Is there an mp3 of Wish anywhere?
2. We own Treasure Planet and it is actually quite good. Kids adore it and as an adult, I don't find it so tedious as some others. This song fit's him. I'd like to hear it!!!

@CCforDC wrote:
I actually would love this if it were true. Now everyone knows I am not one for commercialized Disney Tween music and I think it's half of what is wrong with music today. But this is a different beast. I actually own the previous Disneymania CD and would buy this one with or without Dave on it.

Disneymania is not some tween CD, it's a collection of classic Disney film songs with new artists putting different spins on them. It's a collector must have for any Disney freak, which I am. I love Disney films, love Disney Parks and all things classic Disney. As other have said, some of the greatest and most prolific rock and AC artists have contributed music to Disney films and it has not hurt their careers. Why would it automatically do so for David's? Just because something is associated with Disney does not mean it will fall into the Jonas Brothers/Miley/Selena/Demi field. There is more to Disney than that garbage.

Also, not to point out the obvious but Dave is considered a pop artist to most people(check out a music store, he is in the pop section), being on AI and singing songs like CBTM and TOML kind of cemented that. So being on a Disney CD is not going to shock anyone or confuse them. Plus it will bring his voice to a lot of people. Genre takes a backseat to that type of promo.

I totally agree with this. I'm a total disney nerd too. Hell, on days when most high school students in my town go to parties and get wasted, I stay home and watch Disney movies. LOL

I own a few of the other disneymania CDs from when I was younger and they arent bad. There are actually some really good covers of disney songs on them.

Guest Guest
After listening to the song a couple more times, I would really like to hear Dave sing this, so I hope this rumor is true. I really don't think it will hurt him.

Vikki, I have the mp3 somewhere on my computer at home I think. I'll check it out later and see if I can find it.

eta: I must have it, as I see it's on my ipod. I'll look for it when I get home. The only potential problem is if it wasn't saved to my backup when my computer hard drive died last June... I know there is some stuff on my ipod that I no longer have on my hard drive thanks to that. I'll let you know.

This will be a good exposure from him. Though, it would be amazing if David sings his own song and veer away from doing another cover.

Guest Guest
Jeannie wrote:
After listening to the song a couple more times, I would really like to hear Dave sing this, so I hope this rumor is true. I really don't think it will hurt him.

Vikki, I have the mp3 somewhere on my computer at home I think. I'll check it out later and see if I can find it.

eta: I must have it, as I see it's on my ipod. I'll look for it when I get home. The only potential problem is if it wasn't saved to my backup when my computer hard drive died last June... I know there is some stuff on my ipod that I no longer have on my hard drive thanks to that. I'll let you know.

Thanks for checking, Jeannie!!! I appreciate it...and sorry about the death of the Hard Drive..THAT is always a royal pain in the posterior...Matt build's our computers here at home and we've had some HD issues in the past. Know how that goes.

ANYWHO!!! I don't think this will hurt our guy at all...I think this will be an awesome song for him....at least they didn't ask him to sing "I'm Wishing" from Snow White!!!!!

huntwork wrote:

ANYWHO!!! I don't think this will hurt our guy at all...I think this will be an awesome song for him....at least they didn't ask him to sing "I'm Wishing" from Snow White!!!!!

Vikki I spilled the coke I'm drinking at my work table !! LOL flag Just imagining David singing "I'm Wishing" from Snow White!!!!! -
Tough he is our Enchanted Prince !!! Did I Say That?MeltROFLOL

Guest Guest

^^^^ Laughing hystericall Sorry, Chris!!! Didn't mean to ruin your coke or table!! Yes, if I heard David sing "I'm Wishing for the one I love, to find me, today" I might just Puke

I'll take Magic Rainbows any day!!!! ROFLOL (See, I'm keeping my job, Keeper of Magic Rainbows...cannot let the Magic Rainbow be dissed...I AM THE KEEPER !!!)

Can you imagine? David singing "There Must Be More Than This Provincial Life?"

Or here's one I about rolled over on: "High Ho, High Ho it's off to work we go"... Laughing So Hard You

@CCforDC wrote:

really? at one of the stores I go to a lot, he's under Rock... lol I guess it depends on the store.

huntwork wrote:
^^^^ Laughing hystericall Sorry, Chris!!! Didn't mean to ruin your coke or table!! Yes, if I heard David sing "I'm Wishing for the one I love, to find me, today" I might just Puke

I'll take Magic Rainbows any day!!!! ROFLOL (See, I'm keeping my job, Keeper of Magic Rainbows...cannot let the Magic Rainbow be dissed...I AM THE KEEPER !!!)

Or here's one I about rolled over on: "High Ho, High Ho it's off to work we go"... Laughing So Hard You

ROFLOL I just pictured David dressed up as one of the dwarves Laughing hystericall

Here's some songs that would be umm.. entertaining to say the least for him to sing: ( Enjoy the visuals.LOL flag):
" The wonderful thing abut Tiggers"

"Whistle While you work"

"Cruella De vil" ( OK that one he might be able to do something with.. But it's still an entertaining thought)

Talk about Cheesy? "I won't say I"m In Love" from Hercules.

Here's some other funny ideas:
"What's This" from the Nightmare Before Christmas. He might actually do pretty well with that one.
"Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" Hey he's the wordnerd. let's see him attempt it. LOL
"The Bare Neccessities"
"Someday My prince Will Come" although he might have to change that to princess... LOL flag
"Kiss The Girl"
"Under The Sea"

Here's one he actually might do well with: "Once Upon A Dream".

I think I'm having too much fun with this. ROFLOL

I still don't like the idea of him singing a Disney song, but you are all free to want him to do one. LOL flag Everyone has their own opinion.

Guest Guest
huntwork wrote:

ROFLOL I just pictured David dressed up as one of the dwarves Laughing hystericall

Here's some songs that would be umm.. entertaining to say the least for him to sing: ( Enjoy the visuals.LOL flag):
" The wonderful thing abut Tiggers"

"Whistle While you work"

"Cruella De vil" ( OK that one he might be able to do something with.. But it's still an entertaining thought)

Talk about Cheesy? "I won't say I"m In Love" from Hercules.

Here's some other funny ideas:
"What's This" from the Nightmare Before Christmas. He might actually do pretty well with that one.
"Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" Hey he's the wordnerd. let's see him attempt it. LOL
"The Bare Neccessities"
"Someday My prince Will Come" although he might have to change that to princess... LOL flag
"Kiss The Girl"
"Under The Sea"

Here's one he actually might do well with: "Once Upon A Dream".

I think I'm having too much fun with this. ROFLOL

PopcornGreatROFLOL I can see how this could turn into one fun thread picturing David singing these..and as far as him dressing like a dwarf? Just picture the OTHER guys dressed the same.."Swinging their "axe's" Laughing hystericall

"Heffalumps and Woozles"
OH!!! "To The Fairies They Draw Near" from Tinker Bell movie!!! Laughing hystericall

Monty with fairy wings...Neal on a cable flying around the stage playing..in a tutu
David dressed up in drag...OH GOD!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I GOTTA GO PEE SO BAD DUE TO THESE FUNNY VISUALS!! Laughing hystericallLaughing hystericallLaughing hystericallLaughing hystericallROFLOLROFLOL