Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
realiTVlover

The Chit-Chat Thread

So... not much happening in DC-land to talk about these days. So we thought, we're all Word Nerds, and even if David doesn't give us things to talk about on a daily basis at this stage, that doesn't mean there's nothing to talk about amongst ourselves. So this thread is a general chat thread. Share what's on your mind, ask for advice, share funny stories, vent, answer someone else's question,... anything. It doesn't have to have anything to do with David or the Anthemic or anything. It's just... a chit-chat thread. And you you can chat about things that take more than 120 characters to say.

SmileMagic RainbowHeart

Guest Guest
I'm keeping busy with work. LOTS of work lol. Oh and I'm thinking about going back to school next year. I already do a lot of work with special needs children. I keep thinking that I want to take the American Sign Language certification course at our local community college.

Guest Guest
Barb, that sounds like fun. I always wanted to learn ASL.

Barb, that's really cool!

I've had more than enough schooling. Between a slightly elongated undergrad career and grad school, I have 8 1/2 years of higher education. Though I'd love to teach an architecture studio class if my boss would give me the 2 half-days off a week to do it. And I were near a school that wanted me, lol.

Guest Guest

Thats awesome Barb, I've always wanted to learn Sign Language.

Stacy, that would be awesome if you could teach an Architecture Studio Class.

Me..... I've always been interested in Graphic Arts (can you tell, lol) There is a school that is offering that course and I've been thinking of taking it.
My son hits the double digits in Feb. He's not my baby boy anymore!!! Crying
He is just as *obsessed* with David as we all are, lol.

Guest Guest
Excited2 Phillies bringing it home!!

Stacy, I have always wanted to see pics of some of your work. In fact I think I mentioned it when I was in NYC. some day, if you are comfortable sharing that part of your life and work, maybe? If not, I understand.

I am actually starting a little side venture, which I hope will turn into full time some day. I am becoming a Voice Over Actor. I have already been in the studio and have my demos made. I also have a name for my business. I still have to work on marketing (I hate that part) and I am working on a website.

justforme wrote:
I'm keeping busy with work. LOTS of work lol. Oh and I'm thinking about going back to school next year. I already do a lot of work with special needs children. I keep thinking that I want to take the American Sign Language certification course at our local community college.

Barb, I didn't know you worked with special needs children. I think that is awesome. I also have always wanted to learn ASL. That and Italian. So why am I not doing this?

How cool about going back to school!

This thread is a great idea. I miss the boys, but my life hasn't been too bad. It's been kind of nice to have a break, and it's gone REALLY quickly. I can't believe it's been almost a year since the tour ended. Feels like yesterday. I miss my friends, but I've managed to see some over the summer. Between Busch Gardens, (thank GOD he did that!) Ryan's CD release party and visits for the hell of it, I think I managed to see most of the people I love most.

Since I haven't been occupied with tour and waiting for tour news, and basically acting like an obsessed freak, I've taken to trying new things in the kitchen. I've been finding new recipes online. Right now, I'm into baking (BAD!) and soups and chilis. Last night I made chicken cordon blue meatballs with egg noodles and red velvet whoppie pies for dessert. It's nice cooking when I don't have to rush through dinner to get to the computer for a cellcast, lol.

It's also nice not spending an arm and a leg on tour & travel expenses. I get to go on a "real vacation" this year, which is something I've skipped the last couple years. I don't regret it, I loved every second of Dave-time, but this year I get to go to Vegas with my hubby (two weeks from tomorrow) and I get to see Garth Brooks and Criss Angel while we're there. You think a year is long between tours? I haven't seen Garth in 12 years, and I ADORE Garth.

Anyway... now that I've gotten my "Real Life" back... enough. I'm ready for the album, and I'm ready for a (few) shows! Like I said, thank God for Busch Gardens, it took the edge off, and I'm SO glad I made the trip to Tulsa for MWK, but withdrawls are setting in again...lol

Guest Guest

OMG!!! Criss Angel!!!!! He is my other obsession, lol. Totally love him....you are so lucky Daina. Garth Brooks is amazing! It's been about that long since I've seen him too. Have a great time in Vegas, Daina! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Oh, I totally LOVE you Vampire Dave Avi!! Great

Can I just kill you know and tell you that my seat for Criss is front row center? Yeah.... I MAY just die in Vegas. 14th row for Garth, meh.

And Vamp Dave is uber hot. I kinda wanna jump him.

Guest Guest

Ooh, lucky you, Daina!

I saw Criss the last time I was in Vegas. I was front row, slightly to the Andy side. (Sorry, no more stage right and stage left - for me it will always be Andy side and Neal side. That distinction has forever changed for me.) Had a great time at his show, and I know you will too.

New stuff in my life? Oh, for those who don't know, I got a new puppy in May. Our oldest dog had passed away in April, and our other dog was lonely since she had never been an "only dog." She's a golden retriever, and so we got a new golden puppy for our 30th anniversary. Her name is Pearl, because the 30th anniversary is the pearl anniversary.

Here's a couple of pictures...

About a month after we got her:

Pearl and her older sister, Maddie:

I'm Andy side of the center section too...lol. (Yes, it will always be Andy/Neal side) I can't wait. I have my outfits picked out for the shows and everything. I want to pack!

Anyway, enough about that... PUPPIES!!!! I love Goldens. We have small dogs because we're in a townhouse. So we have snug living space and no yard...ick. If I had a big yard, I'd probably get a lab. I had one growing up and she was amazing.

My babies:

Awww Love

Awww, I love dogs!! I miss having a dog. I'm just not ready to have another dog after losing the last one. I'm an Australian Shepherd junkie. The last dog I had came from the National Aussie Rescue. I will definitely go back to them when I'm ready for another dog. In the meantime I have kitties.

My news is I'm going to the Breeders Cup World Championships (horse racing) at Churchill Downs in Kentucky. I bought 2 tickets in April for me and my friend Rosemary, but she can't go now (long story). So I have an extra ticket. Anyone want to go the Kentucky Nov. 5th & 6th??? Let me know. This is going to be a history making event. I wouldn't miss this one for the world.

If my mother had the extra cash, time off work and didn't have to babysit my dogs while I'm in Vegas, she would LEAP at the chance to go to the Breeder's Cup. She's OBSESSED with horseracing... horse racing is her Dave...lol

LOL - tell her my tickets are just before the finish line in the bottom section - on an isle. Imagine being at Churchill Downs, under the historic twin spires, watching the best of the best horses in the world competing for 15 million dollars in purse money!! I don't expect anything for the tickets, I just want someone to pay half the hotel (one person is $135.00 for 3 nights - it will be additional for another person), and if possible to ride with me as it's almost 700 miles from here to Louisville.

Guest Guest
Daina, your babies are so cute! I hear you about the big versus little dog thing. We have a big backyard that is fenced in, and a good sized house, so we can have big dogs. If we didn't, we'd have smaller ones too - I think it's totally unfair to stick a big dog in a small space.

Peggy, I wish I could go. Unfortunately, we have our "Night at the races" for our office Relay for Life team that weekend, and I have to work it. So I'll be seeing horse racing of a different sort.

Stacy, great idea to start this thread.

I have been keeping busy with the kids. David turned 14 yesterday. He has made a lot of progress in the last few months. He has AS/ADHD so many things are a challenge for him. He went to sleep away camp in the summer and did great. That helped his self confidence a ton. He has been in martial arts for 2 years but in the last 2 months has made big improvements in his skills. He placed 4th in self defense at a tournament (beating 3 NT kids) and just earned his orange belt. Abi is doing a lot better since having her tonsils out in July. She spent most of last school year sick.

In August, I starting taking the martial arts classes too. I released a lot of weight since 2/10 so I decided it was time to do something fun to get more exercise. Plus I have always wanted to be able to defend myself if I need to. I have also decided to start a home business since it is virtually impossible for me to get a regular job. I have an awesome sewing/embroidery machine and I have started making aprons with or without embroidery. I will be adding other items as I get it rolling. My first customer is my mom. She wants to give some as Christmas gifts.

I'm glad all of you are doing well. I haven't seen any of my WN friends since 5/09. Hopefully that will change soon.

Guest Guest

Luurving this thread! Great idea, Stac Great

Laughing Daina. ITA with you that this impasse in David's career has given us (and him, I suppose) a chance to get our RLs back, lol. That trip of yours to Vegas sounds just awesome! (read: jealous) and yours to the Breeders Cup, Peg, too. I love horses but especially the elegant ambiance you find in the racetracks during this type of cups.

I think it's never too late to learn something new or change your career path (BTW, Viv, what's a voice over actor?) As a web designer, I have to study new things every day to sorta be updated in this ever evolving field. And I love it Very Happy

That's awesome, Annette! Hope your new adventure is very, very successful!

ReallyCookin- I love your Pom Smile i have one and she is a monster her name is Cookie. I must say how jealous i am that your seeing Criss Angel I love him he is amazing and your avi Vampire Dave is sexy Thud!

Guest Guest
The only thing about my seat for Criss' show was that on one particular illusion that he pulls (one of - if not the - biggest in the show,) I was at an angle where I could see how it was done. It didn't bother me, since it was just one thing, and since I find it fascinating even when I know how an illusion is done, but it's something to keep in mind Daina, since it sounds like you will be sitting relatively in the same place I was. I may have been a little further over than you will be though, and you may not be able to tell.

Oh and you should raise your hand and volunteer. He does pick audience members to help with a few little things. He also sometimes does meet and greets in his store in front of the theater after the show if you'd like to meet him. But he doesn't do it every night, and if he's doing two shows on the same night, he'll only do it after the second show. If he's going to be doing it though, he'll announce it during the show.

Viv, I'll try to get a couple pictures up here, since none of my clients will know it's here, and probably wouldn't care.

Adorable puppy pictures. I'll try to find a picture of the (in-)famous Bar-ba-sol tonight to add to the pet photo collection. Smile

Peggy and Daina, SO excited for your vacations! Peggy I know how much you miss being around horses and races and Daina I didn't realize it had been THAT long since you've seen Garth. Hope you both have great times!

Made wrote:
Luurving this thread! Great idea, Stac Great

Laughing Daina. ITA with you that this impasse in David's career has given us (and him, I suppose) a chance to get our RLs back, lol. That trip of yours to Vegas sounds just awesome! (read: jealous) and yours to the Breeders Cup, Peg, too. I love horses but especially the elegant ambiance you find in the racetracks during this type of cups.

I think it's never too late to learn something new or change your career path (BTW, Viv, what's a voice over actor?) As a web designer, I have to study new things every day to sorta be updated in this ever evolving field. And I love it Very Happy

That's awesome, Annette! Hope your new adventure is very, very successful!

A Voice over Actor is a person who records Voice Over. For instance the voice you hear in a commercial (but you can't see the person talking), The voice in audio books, the voice in training videos, the voice you hear when you call a company and the voice says press 1 for this, press 2 for that, the voice you hear on cartoons and video games, etc. It's loads and loads of fun.

It's so cool to hear about everyone's life aside from David. For instance, I now want to go to Daina's for dinner!!!! lol

And Jeannie, I am a HUGE dog lover. Labs are one of my favs and your dogs are beautiful.

Daina, I so understand the having to have small dogs because of not having a yard, etc. Your dogs are so sweet looking. Its not the first time I've seen them though as I have seen you tweet pics of them.

Now I want to post a pic of my dog. I will see i I can find some. I have hundreds of pics of David Cook, which I could find in an instant. But do I have any of my dog or my kids on this computer? I have no friggin idea.

Guest Guest
My daughter really wants a dog. It's just not possible with our hectic lives. She has full time college and work. I have two jobs. For most of the day nobody is home. It wouldn't be fair to leave a dog alone all day. We have two cats and they are fine with just each other for company.

Guest Guest

Aww, she/he is adorable, Viv. And you made me laugh with your comment about all the pictures you have of David, but having to search for ones of your dog.

I can't begin to tell you how many pictures of David are on my computer, and I have a few of my dogs... but I honestly don't think I have any of my kids on there. Embarassed

(In my defense, I just got my first digital camera this summer, and since my kids are grown now they aren't big on photo opportunities. However, I'm going to have to make sure I get some over the holidays.)

Jeannie, ikwym about the pics of the kids. Especially when they are adults. I need to do something about that.

Funny story. I lived in London for a while, and at work I had pics of my dogs all over my desk. One of the girls I worked with came over and said: Don't you have kids? lol. I said yes, what's your point.

I had pics of my dogs with me, but no pics of my kids. lol

Viv, I'll try to get a couple pictures up here, since none of my clients will know it's here, and probably wouldn't care.

Adorable puppy pictures. I'll try to find a picture of the (in-)famous Bar-ba-sol tonight to add to the pet photo collection. Smile

Peggy and Daina, SO excited for your vacations! Peggy I know how much you miss being around horses and races and Daina I didn't realize it had been THAT long since you've seen Garth. Hope you both have great times!

Yeah... I was JUST out of high school the last time I saw him... and I just turned 30. I miss him. I still say now, if he ever went back on tour, Dave would be in trouble, lol.

Jeannie wrote:
The only thing about my seat for Criss' show was that on one particular illusion that he pulls (one of - if not the - biggest in the show,) I was at an angle where I could see how it was done. It didn't bother me, since it was just one thing, and since I find it fascinating even when I know how an illusion is done, but it's something to keep in mind Daina, since it sounds like you will be sitting relatively in the same place I was. I may have been a little further over than you will be though, and you may not be able to tell.

Oh and you should raise your hand and volunteer. He does pick audience members to help with a few little things. He also sometimes does meet and greets in his store in front of the theater after the show if you'd like to meet him. But he doesn't do it every night, and if he's doing two shows on the same night, he'll only do it after the second show. If he's going to be doing it though, he'll announce it during the show.

I would LOVE to meet him. As for volunteering... I dunno about that. I'm pretty outgoing with people I know, but on a stage in front of everyone....yikes! Plus, I'm going to the show alone. Hubby wasn;t too interested, so I didn't see the point of him spending $180 he could spend at a table. He's going to gamble at Luxor while I go to the show. So, with no one there to see me get picked, it wouldn't be as fun. But, you never know... I may get ballsy.

ReallyCookin- I love your Pom Smile i have one and she is a monster her name is Cookie. I must say how jealous i am that your seeing Criss Angel I love him he is amazing and your avi Vampire Dave is sexy Thud!

Aw, thanks. Cody is pretty much the most well behaved adorable thing in the world. (Aside from the pen he just chewed into tiny pieces) If it wasn't for the shedding... oh the shedding... he would be perfect. Both of my dogs are actually very good for not having any kind of formal training. Kelsi, my shih tzu, is a bit hyper, but she's finally starting to calm down a bit as she gets a bit older.

Can't wait to see Criss!

Oh, Vamp Dave... seems people either think he's sexy or scary. I vote sexy. Vap Dave is hot. He can suck on my blood anytime. Twisted Evil

@vsteph1 wrote:
It's so cool to hear about everyone's life aside from David. For instance, I now want to go to Daina's for dinner!!!! lol

And Jeannie, I am a HUGE dog lover. Labs are one of my favs and your dogs are beautiful.

Daina, I so understand the having to have small dogs because of not having a yard, etc. Your dogs are so sweet looking. Its not the first time I've seen them though as I have seen you tweet pics of them.

Now I want to post a pic of my dog. I will see i I can find some. I have hundreds of pics of David Cook, which I could find in an instant. But do I have any of my dog or my kids on this computer? I have no friggin idea.

You can come over for dinner anytime! We don't need Dave to see each other! Chele just came for a sleepover last month when we went for tattoos. Who needs that sexy, big headed, velvet-voiced stud anyway! HA!

Guest Guest
I want those red velvet things you tweeted a picture of yesterday, Daina. Those looked absolutely delicious.

Actually Criss goes out into the audience for his volunteers, rather than brings people up on stage... or at least that is how I remember it. The show was a lot of fun - some magic/interaction with the audience, and some of the typical "Cirque" stage show with his illusions built in.

OK, one more post, and I'll stop dominating this thread... one more thing that happened since tour ended... my BFF since 6th grade had triplet girls. Awww Love Life gets weird when your close friends start breeding. I only came out of high school with three people I still keep in constant touch with, and only one of the four of us has kids. (only 2 of us are married) Once kids start coming, you realize... oh shit... we're grown up. Yikes.

Jeannie wrote:
I want those red velvet things you tweeted a picture of yesterday, Daina. Those looked absolutely delicious.

Actually Criss goes out into the audience for his volunteers, rather than brings people up on stage... or at least that is how I remember it. The show was a lot of fun - some magic/interaction with the audience, and some of the typical "Cirque" stage show with his illusions built in.

Oh... they're good. I actually made them from a mix I bought at a kitchen store. Hubby preferred the homemade from scratch pumpkin whoopie pies I made a couple weeks ago to these, but homemade is always better than a mix. *shrug*

Oh, maybe I can deal with not being on stage... hmmm... methinks I will raise my hand. Hi!

Guest Guest

The babies are darling, Daina! LOL, I hear you, but in my case... my sons' friends are starting to have babies. That's scary to me. I knew these kids when they were tiny, and now they have kids of their own.

I actually have a new great-nephew. He was born last April 8th... 13 weeks before his due date. He barely weighed two pounds, and was in the hospital (3 major surgeries) until the very end of June. He's doing great now though. Last week he weighed in at a little over 15 pounds, he's doing all the things babies his age should do, even though he's technically 3 months younger than his age if you go by when he should have been born.

I love this thread... pets and babies and vacation plans. No going off topic here, because it's all off topic. LOL Face And it's fun to just chat with everyone.

Aw, thanks. Cody is pretty much the most well behaved adorable thing in the world. (Aside from the pen he just chewed into tiny pieces) If it wasn't for the shedding... oh the shedding... he would be perfect. Both of my dogs are actually very good for not having any kind of formal training. Kelsi, my shih tzu, is a bit hyper, but she's finally starting to calm down a bit as she gets a bit older.

Can't wait to see Criss!

Oh, Vamp Dave... seems people either think he's sexy or scary. I vote sexy. Vap Dave is hot. He can suck on my blood anytime. Twisted Evil

Aww!! thats good to hear you lucked out with great dog. Smile

Are you gonna take any pic of Criss ? Smile

Jeannie wrote:
The babies are darling, Daina! LOL, I hear you, but in my case... my sons' friends are starting to have babies. That's scary to me. I knew these kids when they were tiny, and now they have kids of their own.

I actually have a new great-nephew. He was born last April 8th... 13 weeks before his due date. He barely weighed two pounds, and was in the hospital (3 major surgeries) until the very end of June. He's doing great now though. Last week he weighed in at a little over 15 pounds, he's doing all the things babies his age should do, even though he's technically 3 months younger than his age if you go by when he should have been born.

I love this thread... pets and babies and vacation plans. No going off topic here, because it's all off topic. LOL Face And it's fun to just chat with everyone.

He is beautiful but i think all babies are beautiful . I love his expression in the pic whoever took it got a cute shot .

Guest Guest
Yes, and they are really picky about the no camera rule.

Guest Guest
AHHHH Jealous wish I could go. Have fun! The atmosphere should be great in the stadium.

I'm a tad bit excited. We invited my mother in law because my father in law spends half his life in thailand. Frank feels the need to entertain her. She was so excited (san fran fan, boo) that she offered to pay for all the tickets. $170 each. Now I have money for a jersey... must go shopping tomorrow. Smile I have a ton of Eagles stuff, but no Phillies. I haven't been to a game in years. I'm freaking out.

Guest Guest
Aww, have a great time Daina!

Guest Guest
My co-teacher is a Yankees fan YUCK. Not sure how you can be a Yanks fan living where we do lol.

Blech! Everyone up here seems to be NY fans too. I hate it. An hour south, everyone likes Philly teams.

Guest Guest
Yup, down here where your mom and I both live it's all about Philly teams.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.