Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
realiTVlover

March 3rd countdown - Finally, The Idol Boot Song and Album Pre-Order!!!!!

iTunes download available!!!

ETA: CHECK IT OUT!!!!!:

AND...
PRE-ORDER DAVID'S NEXT ALBUM, with bonus "(Don't You) Forget About Me" download NOW if you pre-order!: http://www.sonymusicdigital.com/david-cook/details/5808324?cid=nl:89687995&utm_medium=rca-email&utm_source=cook&utm_campaign=rca-email|cook|20110303 (sorry for the ugly link)

@thedavidcook wrote:
Hey hey! Busy week! Mixing Smile and recording an extra treat that you may get to hear on your TV next week. : D

@thedavidcook wrote:
Clarification: I have a busy week AHEAD of mixing and working on something special... which should surface the week after. Smile

@thedavidcook wrote:
Was just informed by TPTB that that "extra treat" I worked on last week will air on march 3rd!

ShookByCook wrote:
Excited2MARCH 3rd! Excited2

10 days and counting...... DC Cheerleader

Jeannie wrote:
Hey... we have a date for something! Yahoo! It's about damn time we have something we can count down to. LOL Face

YAY! Let's count down!

I hate waiting. Wake me up when we know something. If we don't find out ahead of time, wake me up on the 3rd Wink

Guest Guest
Yahoo!

*does happy dance*

10 days, 10 days, 10 days!

ExcitedJoy danceDC Cheerleader

Guest Guest
Hmmm March 3 is a Thursday. Maybe the boot song?

I've had a feeling since he started mentioning this "surprise" that it would have something to do with Idol. especially now that it's going to air on the 3rd which is a thursday.

Yeah, the AI boot song is the odds-on favorite guess. I hope so - that would mean millions of people, including US!, would get to hear him sing every week again! Yahoo!

Guest Guest
If he did get the boot song, it's perfect timing. What a great marketing tool for his new album. Millions of people will hear him every week, and remember what an amazing voice he has. Hopefully that will translate to album sales.

Guest Guest
ExcitedExcitedExcitedExcitedExcitedExcited
Excited2Excited2
ExcitedExcitedExcitedExcitedExcitedExcited

:
:
:
:
:

that is all........

Guest Guest

OMG Excited OMG Excited OMG Excited

It CAN be the boot song!!! And even if it isn't at least we have a date!!!

CheersDC CheerleaderCheers

Quote :

ainow.org

On February 12th, RCA recording artist David Cook sent out a cryptic tweet promising an "extra treat" for his fans that would hit TV in the coming weeks. Immediately there was some speculation that he might be recording Season 10's Elimination Song.

Now, it looks more likely than ever. Cook just tweeted, "Was just informed by TPTB that that "extra treat" I worked on last week will air on march 3rd!"

March 3rd is the first official results show of Season 10, where the 2011 finalists will be revealed.

David is hard at work finalizing his highly anticipated sophomore album, due out sometime this year.

I need some more
Excited2Excited2Excited2

Does he ever refer to RCA as TPTB? I, for instance, only use term TPTB for Idol peeps, so it might be true Smile

I so want February to be over now.

Oh my God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WooHoo!!

I need to make sure my boyfriend or any of my friends do not try to hang out with me this day....it's spring break haha.

I knew this month would be such a PITA... Razz.
Is it March 3rd already? Now? Ya? Oh, David...all the things to wait for your sweet voice. So happy!!

Made wrote:
OMG Excited OMG Excited OMG Excited

It CAN be the boot song!!! And even if it isn't at least we have a date!!!

CheersDC CheerleaderCheers

Quote :

ainow.org

On February 12th, RCA recording artist David Cook sent out a cryptic tweet promising an "extra treat" for his fans that would hit TV in the coming weeks. Immediately there was some speculation that he might be recording Season 10's Elimination Song.

Now, it looks more likely than ever. Cook just tweeted, "Was just informed by TPTB that that "extra treat" I worked on last week will air on march 3rd!"

March 3rd is the first official results show of Season 10, where the 2011 finalists will be revealed.

David is hard at work finalizing his highly anticipated sophomore album, due out sometime this year.

I need some more
Excited2Excited2Excited2

Holy shit yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh Excited2

Guest Guest

yeay, 9 days! cheers

This is like waiting for Wednesdaves to watch the result shows! Why don't we have an nail biting smilie? Uh oh, wait! I'm the one who can add smilies LOL flag

ETA: There you go! Know I can express myself better! Nail biting!Nail biting!Nail biting!

Yeah, the AI boot song is the odds-on favorite guess. I hope so - that would mean millions of people, including US!, would get to hear him sing every week again! Yahoo!

I hope it's every week till May! But... I hate to ask this question: Isn't there a boot song for the semi-finalists that lasts for two weeks, then they move on to the long-haul elimination song for ten weeks as the finalists depart?
I'm as excited as anything, but greedy. Very Happy

Guest Guest
Yikes. That does sound familiar.

Guest Guest
Copying over my comments from the twitter talk thread this morning:

Quote :
My guess is that it's either the boot song, or they had him record a song to play over a montage of the top 24 right before they cut them down to the top 12/13 which happens that night... like they had Daughtry do "What About Now" over a montage in Season 7. My gut is leaning toward the boot song, only because they went to the expense of having him record the song, having it produced and mixed, and that seems like it might be excessive for something they are going to only use once. He has plenty of great songs they could use over a montage that wouldn't have needed to be specially recorded, which would have kept the costs down. But who knows how they are thinking?

The only other (non-Idol) related possibility I can see is if it's a promo for March Madness - which will start 2 weeks after the third. But again, I think they would license one of his available songs for that, rather than go to the expense of recording something new. He has a ton of songs that work well for sporting events, as we've seen in the past.

So boot song or song over a montage, I'm expecting this to be something airing on Idol. (Especially since you know he at least skims his @replies, and with all the speculation on twitter and in the various Idol blogs that it's Idol related, I'd think he would say it wasn't Idol related if it wasn't.) And either way I am thrilled to know that in just a little over a week, we'll be hearing him singing something new - new to us anyway, as it could be a cover.

As to the earlier short lived boot song, didn't I read about some guy on twitter, whose song has already been used and his fans were using that as a promotion of some kind? I think he was French. (I have only watched a couple of the audition shows so far this year, so I can't say for sure.) If that's true, I'm assuming that would be the early boot song you are refering to.

Jeannie wrote:
So boot song or song over a montage, I'm expecting this to be something airing on Idol. (Especially since you know he at least skims his @replies, and with all the speculation on twitter and in the various Idol blogs that it's Idol related, I'd think he would say it wasn't Idol related if it wasn't.)

I wouldn't be so sure he'd deny it if it weren't true - it's much more of a tease if he leaves as many possibilities open as possible and we KNOW how much he loves to tease...

I have to agree that if they are taking the time and money to record something special just for exiting contestants, they'll use it all season, not just for the first few weeks.

Guest Guest

I have to agree that if they are taking the time and money to record something special just for exiting contestants, they'll use it all season, not just for the first few weeks.

I agree with this too. And also, if it IS, AI's boot song, obviously, TPTB wants it to be a surprise (as much as possible, lol), so David could not possibly be more accurate in his tweets. Also, as David is known as a big teaser, he's well suited to create the expectations and speculations it has aroused.

Another thing that's making me lean more and more towards it being the boot song or some song related to AI is that, given all the press this is having, if it were not something related to AI, AI's TPTB would have denied all rumours... Don't you think?

Yup, good point, Made.

Oh, I wonder what it is going to be? I can't wait to find out!!

...and "TPTB"? He is such a board lurker! Wink

Made wrote:

I agree with this too. And also, if it IS, AI's boot song, obviously, TPTB wants it to be a surprise (as much as possible, lol), so David could not possibly be more accurate in his tweets. Also, as David is known as a big teaser, he's well suited to create the expectations and speculations it has aroused.

Another thing that's making me lean more and more towards it being the boot song or some song related to AI is that,
given all the press this is having, if it were not something related to AI, AI's TPTB would have denied all rumours... Don't you think?

I agree with both of you - I have a deep feeling it will be the boot song.... and I'm getting so exicited with this possibility - cause it'll be AWESOME for the future of his career and also for us that will hear that heavenly voice every week !

bounceExcitedbounceExcited9 DAYSSSSS !!! bounceExcitedbounceExcited

source

Will David Cook sing Season 10 contestants back home?

By Brian Mansfield, USA TODAY

Singer David Cook arrives at the Rolling Stone Magazine American Music Awards Party in Los Angeles on Sunday, Nov. 21, 2010.
By Dan Steinberg, AP

David Cook has been tweeting about recording "something special" that will surface in the coming days, leading to a flurry of rumors that American Idol's Season 7 winner will have the show's elimination song this season.

"Was just informed by TPTB that that 'extra treat' I worked on last week will air on march 3rd!" David tweeted Monday. That date is the same as next week's results show, which will introduce Idol's Season 10 finalists.

The elimination songs, which accompany the departing contestants' highlight reels, began in the 2006 season with Daniel Powter's Bad Day. Other seasons have featured recordings by former Idols Daughtry, Ruben Studdard and Carrie Underwood.

Guest Guest

^^^ That's the kind of press I was talking about. Why isn't AI denying this type of speculations? What a Face

My guess is that he will sing the boot song...but the song will not be his - it'll be another people song.

I'd love if it would be his song - and maybe he could release it as his single, but anything he puts his (heavenly) voice in - turns on awesome and ends being so HIS - no matter he wrote or not (eg: LO) !

are you serious? Some one elses Song? Well i guess if David is Singing it IT WILL BE FANTASTIC. I CAN"T FREAKING WAIT ExcitedExcitedExcited

Guest Guest
The boot songs are frequently covers of other people's songs. Even if it's a new song, from the way I read the tweets, I don't think he has had anything to do with it beyond recording, so I'm not getting my hopes up that it's a song he wrote. I'm just excited to hear him sing something different!

It's not going to be his single... he's done recording everything for the album, and he had to go into the studio specifically to record this whatever it is. What would be really nice is if they put whatever it is up on itunes for download for charity... I think they did that with the boot song Carrie sang. Then he could have that and it would not interfere at all with his single release when that comes out.

Jeannie wrote:
The boot songs are frequently covers of other people's songs. Even if it's a new song, from the way I read the tweets, I don't think he has had anything to do with it beyond recording, so I'm not getting my hopes up that it's a song he wrote. I'm just excited to hear him sing something different!

It's not going to be his single... he's done recording everything for the album, and he had to go into the studio specifically to record this whatever it is. What would be really nice is if they put whatever it is up on itunes for download for charity... I think they did that with the boot song Carrie sang. Then he could have that and it would not interfere at all with his single release when that comes out.

Yes Jeannie !
I saw someone commenting at twitter about an article showing the guy who wrote the boot song - first I thought that was a signal that David will not be involved with the boot song. But now I see it can be the guy's song and David only singing it.
It's my fault always think about David as a songwriter singing his own songs.
He is a singer (one of the best ones AMOF) and sometimes he will sing other ones songs !
Anyway it will be A BLAST...AWESOME... Awww LoveAwww LoveAwww Love

Guest Guest
Whatever it is will be awesome... because it will be David singing it.

I'm leaning towards the boot song, but trying to manage my expectations... I don't want to be upset if it isn't. It could well be some montage song as I mentioned earlier. I am pretty sure it's for Idol, and I do think there is a good possibility it's the boot song for the reasons I mentioned earlier... but everyone should keep in mind that until TPTB (or David) specifically announce it, we just don't know.

Further hint [in case it IS the boot song]:
Quote :
@dizzyfeet Nigel Lythgoe
Simon Fuller has been working on the "kiss-off" track for #AmericanIdol this Season. I think it's great.

@cjester27 wrote:
Further hint [in case it IS the boot song]:
Quote :
@dizzyfeet Nigel Lythgoe
Simon Fuller has been working on the "kiss-off" track for #AmericanIdol this Season. I think it's great.

Well, well. If David's treat is the boot song, it's great new that Nigel likes it. He wasn't much of a fan of David's IIRC and I'd love to think David finally won him over!

Guest Guest

^^^ I think so too, Stacy. And I don't really mind if, whatever this "treat" is, is a song written by David or not. I'm sure that, at some point, he will invited to make an appearance in this AI season performing his first single off of DCTR2 Very Happy

It would be really nice, as Jeannie says, if that "treat song" goes to charity.

Guest Guest

Either way..... I'm just excited to hear him sing again!!!! Excited

The "treat song" going to charity would be awesome!!!

Ugh, has it seriously only been one day?
Hurry the hell up, March 3rd!!

...please? Smile lol

Guest Guest
Yes, they use the same kick off ,kiss-off, boot song all season until the top 2 finale.

Guest Guest

IIRC, it does. They play the song while we watch their journey on Idol.

If David does have the "Boot Song" we will be listening to it every week til May for the Finale Great

yes, both carrie and ruben's songs were covers. Ruben sang Celebrate Me Home. not sure who originally sang it. Carrie sang a cover of Montley Crue's Home Sweet Home. it was made available on iTunes and is still up there I believe. It's on my iPod as well. big carrie fan here Smile

That is SO cool! I usually skip the kick off part of the show. Guess this season will be the first season I watch it every single time. Smile

Guest Guest

If it's the boot song... we're all guessing, and the signs look like it could be. But we really don't know yet.

However, we'll be hearing whatever it is in

8 days! Excited2

Eight freaking days!!!!! [I feel like Kent SYTYCD now, lol]

I was just saying on Twitter that if this is something Idol-related, I would HOPE that snippets of the song can be heard in AI commercials or circulate on the news and people who don't watch Idol will have a chance to hear it. Means new fans. Means more money for Dave. Fingers Crossed!!!

I seriously am more anxious now (need an excuse to use the emote)

Guest Guest
Could this be what we hear on March 3rd?

FoolsApril64 David Cook News/Info
Quote :
[FYI] NEW ASCAP entry "The Last Goodbye" (David Cook / Ryan Tedder co-write) bit.ly fJTvnZ