Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

VH1 Big Morning Buzz Live *Dec 9th* DAVE WINS - Bye-bye Jim's hair!

Guest Guest
My TIVO lists David as the guest on VH1's Big Morning Buzz Live at 9am EST on this date. The website just says "All New Episode" at this time with no guest info. It would make sense since he will be at Irving Plaza that night & will have just finished his bet with VH1's Jim Shearer the day before!

ETA~It is listed here now~ TV LISTINGS

Guest Guest
Fingers Crossed!!! that David wins the bet.

I believe the bet is who can grow their hair the longest. The loser will have to buzz their head.

I saw Jim Shearer last weekend on VH1....I think Jim's just maybe longer than David's. I'm a bit worried that Dave may leave with a buzzed head

....are we ready IF that happens?

Fingers Crossed!!!

Guest Guest

We are not ready so David MUST win. Can we find Jim and cut his hair while he sleeps? SuspectLOL Face

I know I am NOT looking forward to this. I'd be pretty chill if it were after I meet him, but since he might be hairless when I finally get the chance to see him, I'm not exactly pleased.
Dave's hair is long though, especially his bangs... longer than Jim's I think, but we shall see... Somehow I have a feeling that Jim will wind up getting his head shaved regardless because he's not the big celebrity. People don't actually care what he looks like.

...although, david is partial to hats, so he might not care if his head gets shaved...

yuck.

@JimShearer Met w David Cook's record label. Hair-a-thon finale happening Dec. 9 on #VH1Buzz. He was sent a pic of my 'fro. He is scared!

me too Nail biting!

Guest Guest

Dangit. We need to find David a loophole. LOL Face

Guest Guest

When I saw the video of Jim on Gayle King's show - and realized how fucking LONG his curls are going to pull out to... yeah, I foresee beanies in Dave's future again. At least it's winter this time. I know his hair has gotten long, but I'm thinking it's not that long. Scared!

Guest Guest
LMAO silkier. I have a feeling those of you with meet and greets in the near future are going to get hat wearing Dave.

Dammit I hate my life.
Although, I have a feeling that Dave will probably trade off hair for charity as in he'll donate money to a charity instead of shaving his head. Seems like the more David movie if you ask me.

I'm praying for him to either fake it or get out of it somehow. I freaking LOVE his hair right now. Why couldn't he have made a stupid bet like that when he had the blond streaks instead of when his hair is fucking gorgeous and makes him hotter than ever?

I really think he'll get out of it. I definitely do. I'm sure his management wouldn't be the happiest if he just went off and shaved his head, knowing the kind of freakout all of his fans would have... I really don't think it's the best interest for him to lose, so I doubt they will really let it happen.
All I know is that I've waited over three years to get a picture with him and if the only picture I ever get with him doesn't come out cute, I'm going to be pissed.

Guest Guest
Mal, he's not going to back out on a bet on TV. Guys don't do that... when you win a bit, you collect and gloat, when you lose a bet you pay up. And he made the bet, not his management. They really don't have a say in it. It's his hair, not his voice.

Now, if Jim wins and chooses to let him off the hook, or to offer something else in place of the buzz cut, that's another story. But if that doesn't happen, and he loses... well, let's hope that enormous cranium looks decent buzzed.

The other thing is that I doubt that their hair was the exact same length when this started, so you have to assume they measured or something. And Jim's could be longer, but not have grown as much. So there's still some hope.

Jaime, I have no clue if there is a live audience or not.

LOL flag Oh Dave, so much drama you've caused by betting your hair!

Personally, I LOVE his hair. The longer length really suits him and makes him smoking hot! But...it is just hair. It'll grow back. It's nothing permanent like that creepy eyeball tattoo. I figure if I can handle that, I can handle anything. LOL Face It'd be really nice, though, if he gets through the show with all hairs intact.

Jeannie, I hope it is that and not that Jim's hair just grows faster than Dave's.

Then again, it will be okay. Hair grows back. Hopefully he will find some cool hats instead of those beanies.

Guest Guest
I love it too, and I can't imagine him with a buzz cut... but as you say, if he loses it will grow back. So it's not that big of a deal. (Except of course for people like Mal. And I totally understand why you'd prefer hair for your picture.)

I still think David should walk in to this thing wearing his Terry wig. Very Happy

Jeannie wrote:
I love it too, and I can't imagine him with a buzz cut... but as you say, if he loses it will grow back. So it's not that big of a deal. (Except of course for people like Mal. And I totally understand why you'd prefer hair for your picture.)

Well, now thinking about it... Him wearing a hat for the picture wouldn't be really any big different from most of the Declaration Tour. He never showed his hair last tour... I'm used to that much. Maybe I'll bring a hat in case he's not wearing one... lol

Guest Guest
LOL, that's the spirit, Mal!

Jeannie wrote:
LOL, that's the spirit, Mal!

I mean, it's just me being shallow, but whatever.
It's not going to change the concert or actually meeting him. Hair or not, he's still friggen hilarious and nice. Maybe I'll stop being bitter... I'll just have to make an effort to get another picture with him on the next tour.

Jeannie wrote:

Well, now thinking about it... Him wearing a hat for the picture wouldn't be really any big different from most of the Declaration Tour. He never showed his hair last tour... I'm used to that much. Maybe I'll bring a hat in case he's not wearing one... lol

How friggin adorable would this be if both of you were wearing a beanie in the picture? Love that idea.

Idk....while I really like his hair now (actually I'm surprised by how much I like it), I think his hair looked best the way it is in my avi. If he has to buzz it, I'm not sure I'd be upset. I'm more nervous about what'll happen if he wins the bet. Who knows how long he'll let his hair grow?!

@vsteph1 wrote:
Jeannie wrote:

How friggin adorable would this be if both of you were wearing a beanie in the picture? Love that idea.

I actually have a beanie that says 'I Heart DC' (as in Washington D.C.) but it would be funny if I brought that one along with some other beanie for him to wear. Viv, that's actually adorable Smile

I bet he is dying to at least get it trimmed. You know how you feel when your hair starts getting a bit scragly or like it just needs to be cleaned up? i do like the length though. I honestly did not think I would like it long. I was afraid it would look like it did during Happy together. But he looks adorable right now.

obviously, I like everyone else here, would love him no matter what. As long as he keeps singing for me, I'm a happy girl. But damn.....he's been looking good lately. Smile

This whole thing has me LOL'ing, knowing they probably think we sound like Bieber fans. (Remember the buzz when he cut HIS hair! Whoa)

And don't you know they are wondering just exactly how many hats are going to be bought for David is he loses? They would need a whole new bus!
ROFLOL

@vsteph1 wrote:
I still think David should walk in to this thing wearing his Terry wig. Very Happy

ROFLOL

That would be AWESOME.

Has anyone tried writing to the VH1 guy something funny asking him to let Dave off the hook if he loses? If it's funny enough, maybe the guy would share the letter for a laugh on the show as well as let Dave off the hook?

ETA: Mal, since you are the one who most "needs" him to not temporarily partially destroy his looks in the near future, AND you can write, maybe you can try that!

@vsteph1 wrote:

ROFLOL

That would be AWESOME.

Has anyone tried writing to the VH1 guy something funny asking him to let Dave off the hook if he loses? If it's funny enough, maybe the guy would share the letter for a laugh on the show as well as let Dave off the hook?

ETA: Mal, since you are the one who most "needs" him to not temporarily partially destroy his looks in the near future, AND you can write, maybe you can try that!

I don't feel like Jim would have much mercy on a pleading 16 year old. lol He's serious about this. What pisses me off the most though is that he's not even famous and he thinks he can go around making bets with celebrities, making them hand over a detrimental part of their appearance for his own friggen pride. Like really... Jim Shearer, no one would actually care if you shaved your head, dammit.

LOL, I don't really care about the length of Dave's hair, as long as it's not blonde! Sorry, Kathy! Razz

i must admit, i'm glad i get to see the pre-buzz dave on the 7th...

anyone need me to say goodbye to his hair for them, lol?

Guest Guest
LOL, I don't really care about the length of Dave's hair, as long as it's not blonde! Sorry, Kathy! Razz

Dude! Like this, you mean?
 00davi10.jpg

Maybe he could buzz it and then dye it blond..... LOL Face

You know what? This is totally not fair. Jim's hair is curly and Dave's is straight.

Too bad Dave can't send Joey Clement in his place Very Happy Joey would win that contest, no question!! LOL Face

@vsteph1 wrote:

ROFLOL

That would be AWESOME.

Well - perhaps for David a bet is a bet is a bet and will probably go for it ... Wink

Now I don't think I'd like a fully shaved David... but I probably wouldn't mind him getting a buzz like this.... DC Cheerleader

buzzed10.jpg

(Note: Got an image of David taken by the media via Google and buzzed him like this... Pretty please!!! )

Wow the eyes really stand out in that buzzed photo. I mean more than normal.

Don't hate me, but I kinda miss the beanie. lol

Whoa, Ana! Very Happy

I think his head is actually bigger than that so he'll need some hair to cover up cause it won't be too pretty.... sorry Dave Razz

I don't think Jim or anyone else "made" David do this. He went in willingly, because he loves a good joke and doesn't take himself too seriously. If he loses the bet, I'm sure he'll be a good sport, like he always is, and accept the consequences. And as painful as it may be for us, we'll have to do the same, LOL.

Guest Guest
Exactly, dorothy. He's a big boy... and like all guys he loves bets and challenges. If he loses, I'm sure he'll let his head be buzzed, and he'll have fun joking about it.

Plus, he knew very well going into this that he could lose, and what the stakes were. So if he loses, the only person to blame is David... HE made the bet, no one forced him to take it.

And win or lose, this is publicity... going into the holiday gift buying season. It can't hurt.

Jeannie, I was thinking the same thing about the publicity. This is a good thing. Other celebs get arrested for drunk driving, or hitting a paparazzi or something like that. Our guy? Get's involved in a bet where he might have to shave his head. lol

Publicity is publicity.

Jeannie wrote:
Exactly, dorothy. He's a big boy... and like all guys he loves bets and challenges. If he loses, I'm sure he'll let his head be buzzed, and he'll have fun joking about it.

Plus, he knew very well going into this that he could lose, and what the stakes were. So if he loses, the only person to blame is David... HE made the bet, no one forced him to take it.

And win or lose, this is publicity... going into the holiday gift buying season. It can't hurt.

Perhaps, David has always wondered how he'll look with buzz haircut but never dared to have one in case it didn't suit him or the fans didn't like it.

But finally having one because his hand was "forced" as a result of losing a bet would certainly remove some "sting" and possible regret out of the decision. Very Happy

Guest Guest

See, I don't think he'll have any regret or feel any sting if he loses. I don't know - maybe it's because I have three sons in their twenties, but it just doesn't seem like something guys tend to care that much about. It's just hair, and it will grow back.

I think if it were something he cared about at all, he would never have agreed to take the bet, because he'd know there was a chance he'd lose.

At least that's how my boys (and my older brothers) have always seen bets.

eta: Jim tweeted the link to this youtube of the start of the bet:

Guest Guest
Is there a video of where David agreed on the buzz cut if he lost? Did this actually start on June 10th-almost 6 months ago?