Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

12/03/11 - Clifton Park, NY - Northern Lights Concert

Guest Guest

This is the place to post all tweets, recaps, pics and vids of the December 3, 2011, Clifton Park, NY, Northern Lights concert. We hope everyone going has a great time and remember the rest of us live vicariously through you! Very Happy

We would appreciate it if everyone posting here take the following guidelines into account. They are intended to respect our members as well as people who are not part of our forum and to make the concert threads as easy to read as possible. Very Happy

1. We will not tolerate any talk about fan behavior that involves any bashing, naming names or personal details. Ignoring this warning will earn members a 24 hour ban. Discussion of any retaliation or physical harm against another fan for any reason, will potentially result in a permanent ban from this board.

2. When posting photos and videos, please give credit to the photographer (or writer of a recap) whenever possible. If you see an uncredited photo/video in this thread and know who took it, we'd love for you to share her/his name so we can add the credit to the post it's in. And finally, out of respect for the fantastic photographers we have in the fandom, we ask that, if you'd like to use a photo you see here for an avatar, signature or other graphic, please contact the photographer first for permission if you are able, before altering any of their work.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Setlist

Circadian
Heroes
Mr. Sensitive
Declaration
The Last Goodbye
Paper Heart
Come Back To Me
Dogman (Kings X)
4 Letter Word
Rock and Roll
Barbasol
Light On
Fade Into Me
Rapid Eye Movement

Guest Guest

List of photobucket/flickr/twitpic/etc. collections of photos.

Guest Guest

Best Videos

Guest Guest

Links to recap posts/press related posts.

Guest Guest
Have fun, everyone who is going!

I'LL BE THERE! HELL TO THE YEAH..SO STOKED TO FINALLY SEE DC LIVE AND TO FINALLY MEET DA MAN! HOPE TO MEET SOME FELLOW WORDS NERDS! ExcitedMega Rock

Oh my gosh, you guys! I'm so nervous and excited! This is my first Cook concert, and I can't wait! The vids and pics have been ~awesome, but have only made me want to see him live myself even more!

I'm heading out in a little while (I need to hit the mall for mundane things, like a battery for my watch), and then I'm meeting Peggy for lunch at Panera! I'm looking forward to talking Cook with someone who understands. *g*

Offer's still open for anyone else who might want to meet up; e-mail me at spikedluv @ gmail.com to trade phone #s.

Have fun everyone! It looks like we have some first time DC concert goers. Hope you come back here and tell us about your experiences.

Spikedluv, can you do me a favor and give Peggy a hug for me. I miss her.

Thanks. Smile

Spikedluv, how exciting it's your first show!!! I hope you survive to tell us all about losing your DC concert virginity. Wink

I've got a friend going to this show and she's meeting Dave and the guys for the first time! I'm so stoked for her Smile

Guest Guest
Have fun everyone! For all you first timers, you are in for a real treat. There is nothing quite like David live.

Have a blast everyone going !! The Wave
A have some dear friends going - one of them will meet David for the very first time....I'm so excited for her !! Excited2WooHoo!!Excited2

Ooooh YAY!! 1st timers!!

I'm so excited for those going to see/hear/meet for the fist time! Have a great time all!!

The Wave

Circadian
Heroes
Mr.S
Declaration
TLG
PH
CBTM
Dogman (Kings X)
4LW
R&R
BBS
LO
FIM
REM

I TOTAL FLAIL!!! WITH Dogman song. THAT'S THE COVER I WANTED TO HEAR SINCE IT WAS SOUNDCHECKED. Thank you it was played onstage! Excited2

Amazing show, David is never a disappointing act. I loved every minute of it. Especially since both cover songs-- he wasn't connected to a guitar. Very tired but will post pictures soon. I hope all the first time concert goers had a blast, I know I did.

Guest Guest

Dogman

by bobsessive

Guest Guest

Here is another Dogman by PaulaKole125 -altho the YT says SpaceHog cover~ thanks

So there are no plans for a 2nd leg to the tour? I cant believe its almost over. Very Sad

Guest Guest
No one knows about any plans for 2012. He said this is the last week of this "run." He did not say this "tour." Sounds to me like they'll take the holidays off, and be back for another "run" later.

I'm uploading video, but I have 2 shows to upload, so it will be a while. I did get some good pics that I'll share when the current batch of video is done uploading. Sooooo friggin tired!!! Soooo worth every second of lost sleep! I WILL be taking a nap this afternoon! lol I'll be back to do a re-cap when my brain completely engages! All I can say is Dave was ON FIRE!!! I haven't seen him that amped up since the first Busch Gardens Show. And it was a GREAT crowd - combo of die-hards (*raises hand*), and 1st timers! Not a lot of guys at this show, but several Mom's with teenaged girls.

Okay, back later....

Jeannie wrote:
No one knows about any plans for 2012. He said this is the last week of this "run." He did not say this "tour." Sounds to me like they'll take the holidays off, and be back for another "run" later.

When he said 'run' rather than tour, I immediately thought maybe he wasn't going to be doing many more shows in the US... perhaps other places? Saying the thing about it taking two years to get back around could have meant getting back to the area. Maybe he's going to hit the places he didn't hit yet.

Ok, so there goes my re-cap, I apologize ahead of time if this sounds like just a bunch of rambling, my mind is still trying to process this all!

We got to Clifton Park around one met spikedluv for lunch, she is so nice then it was off to the venue my friend & I around 1:30/2:00, there wasn't that many people in line & we had fun chatting with a couple teenage girl fans, they were very sweet.

Around 4:00 o'clock Andrew came out to talk to us about the M & G & soundcheck, which I am sure most of you all know so I won't bore you with those details. The only I feel that is wroth a quick mention is that you don't get a choice of pic (silly VS. non-silly) and no "props" can be used.

After everyone was checked in we were let it for soundcheck, which my friend & I were in front on Andy's side for. OMG, one I walked up to that barricade and the man that frequents so man of dreams was standing just a few feet from me, I was instantly in a state of awe, I didn't know to feel. I just stood there singing along and feeling blown away by his sheer beauty..he is so damn good looking in person,jjhghjgj! He soundchecked Circadian first then Paper Heart,but don't quote me, not 100% sure of the song order. He then was asking about what song should he do that is wasn't going to do at the show, someone in the crowd shouted Fade Into Me, which caused David to get a WTF look and respond by saying "What makes you think we're not gonna play Fade Into Me? I maybe dumb but I'm not stupid." it was cute. I gotta say that I do love his laugh, it was adorable and every time I heard it I got butterflies! So the song he did was Slow Ride, it was wicked awesome!

Ok, onto the M &G, we were one of the first few in line for it, there was 95 of us. Every since I found out I was going to this show I have been freaking out about meeting David and blowing my one chance to tell him how much his music means to me, I even wanted to run to runaway. Then I got in front of the DA MAN and I looked into the most beautiful eyes I every seen and had the complete opposite reaction. Instead of the emotional breakdown I though I was gonna have I felt so calm. I was able to say everything I wanted to to him and to which he answered with a shocked "Wow, thank you." He seemed genuinely touched by what I told him. I gave him a thank you card, had him sign my Broken Record mag and asked if I could have a hug and he said absolutely, so I got a very warm and caring hug from him, it was amazing! Then I put my arm around him for the pic and then again for another one with my friend. So I made it through the M & G without a freak out..YAY me!

We got thrown back outside into the cold after that to wait till the doors opened at 7. Well in line, I heard one of the girls said that she thought David was acting like a dick. WTF? He was so sweet with me, I don't think that girl met the same man I did! To his defensive he looked so tried!

We got let in a little after 7. The show started at 8..with Zander. Hmmm Zander, well I was brought up with the motto "if you can't say anything nice then don't say anything at all." let's just say he gave me a headache!

Finally I few minutes after 9 David took the stage. We were pretty in the same spot that we were for soundcheck. That was my 1st time watching his perform that close..what an experience. Can't really put it into words. It was just amazing to get lost in David with him that close not mention so very nice to drool over..damn he is so sexy!

Never heard the Dogma song before but it was awesome and R & R was epic..both with no guitar..oh yeah. Was also happy to hear 4 Letter Word. He wasn't very chatty but he did thank us several times..he always makes sure the fans know that he is thankful for us, love that about him. He also mentioned that we were one of the best crowds of the tour <3

This is truly the most epic night of life..to have one of your dreams..one that you never thought would come true, finally happen is beyond words. When I finally got into bed..it all just hit me and I cried myself to sleep..happy tears of course. My David experience was everything I hoped for and more. I think I may of fallen in love with him just a little more, what an amazing man!

Jeannie wrote:

I hope this is true! I'm going to cry if I can't go to a single show on this tour Saddest Dave, pretty please come to New England?

Jeannie wrote:

Phew, My mind was jumping to conclusions. I couldn't believe it would be over that fast. Hopefully the next run I will make it to a show.

sweetoncook, your recap made me cry. I could feel everything you were feeling. An awesome recap! I am so happy to hear you didn't get the brain freeze that I got and you were able to tell him how much his music meant to you. That is so awesome to hear. Someday, I hope to be able to do the same thing.

When I went to my sound check in Phoenix I made my brain take a picture of the moment. I will never forget how it felt to be standing in front of him, so close, watching him sing songs that I so love and just experience what it is like to see him up close. There is nothing better.

Thanks for sharing your story. I hope others share theirs. Smile

Remember he said that he wanted to tour until the wheels fell off? Hahaha yeah I think he plans on touring for quite some time Smile

Someone asked him last night about tour continuing and he said they are heading overseas early next year. I am so hoping this includes parts of Asia and South America as he has a huge fan base there. when he gets back to the States, If he's done touring here (hope not!) then my guess is he's going back into the studio. I'mm so hoping other countries rock radio stations promote him and play him and give him more exposure in the genre he so deserves the attention in.

@vsteph1 wrote:
Someone asked him last night about tour continuing and he said they are heading overseas early next year. I am so hoping this includes parts of Asia and South America as he has a huge fan base there. when he gets back to the States, If he's done touring here (hope not!) then my guess is he's going back into the studio. I'mm so hoping other countries rock radio stations promote him and play him and give him more exposure in the genre he so deserves the attention in.

I'm so glad he's going to other countries! They've seriously waited long enough. Plus, whenever he travels abroad he comes back with a lot of really great stories and experiences.

Guest Guest
Photo set by Kristin:

HERE

OMG, I had such an amazing time yesterday! I met some lovely ladies from this forum (Penny and Peggy, I'm looking at you *g*), met some lovely ladies who don't frequent this forum, and got to see David Cook rock the stage! He was awesome, and I'm already wondering when I'll get to do it again.

I did a sorta-long re-cap that I posted at my journal, if anyone is interested in reading it: http://spikedluv.livejournal.com/746162.html

I also have some not-very-great photos (between the lighting and me not being sure what I'm doing wrt the camera settings), if anyone wants to check them out: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v292/spikedluv/Cookleta/Cook%20at%20Northern%20Lights%2012-03-11/

Here are some samples:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Spikedluv, I just read your recap. It was wonderful to read. Sounds like you had a good time. Sorry you didn't get some of your ponies. But it's a reason to go to another show. right? Thanks for sharing. Smile

I just want to say that someone else asked David about tour continuing and he told them that there were no plans for both domestic and international. so now, we have two conflicting stories by two people who asked him the same question and got two different answers. It could be that he is uncomfortable sharing anything until things are official or it could be something else. I'm so confused. lol

My recap:

I was in general admission (next time VIP for sure) I arrived at the venue at 6pm and the line for GA was already long. Standing out in the cold again for David, remind me of my time waiting in NYC for his first album release party. I was happy to see a mixture of fans both in age and gender (a lot of guys with their girlfriends or wives). We finally were let in a little after 7pm. I wanted to stand on Andy's side but there was way too many people already there. So I went on to "Neal's" side of the stage. I was a lot much closer, David would be diagonal from me. The opening act was okay. Than we waited a while for them to set -up for David. At that time, I could see Andrew standing near the sound equipment, cool that he's hanging out with his brother.

As we waited, I started freaking out because I haven't seen David since Aug 3rd, 2009, and lately I've been use to only seeing him on youtube but now he was going to be on that stage in front of me. And this time I was a lot closer than I've ever been before. He started and as always he and the band were amazing. I was so happy he did heroes w/ supernova, one of my favorites things he does with his music. I LOVED Dogman---> definitely showed David hard-core rocker voice. I enjoyed him not having his guitar for the two covers-> let him move around a little more and show a different side of himself. I loved getting to hear 4 Letter Word. And definitely FIM & REM--> those two songs made my night.

He didn't banter like he normally does, he was very mellow. He was very humble and appreciating the love from the audience. He kept thanking us, which was adorable. And a few times at the end of songs, you could see him just taking in everything (bad metaphor: stop and smell the roses). That was the first time I had seen him do that, but it was something that David would do- I just thought it was interesting to witness. I definitely do think when he said he is almost finished with the run of this tour-- he just means this year because it the holiday time and he wants to be with family. He'll be back out touring again. Hopefully, he'll do more songs from the newer album because last night he played more from the first album.

I gotta some good pictures last night, finally!
Here

Great night, can't wait to look at the videos posted to re-live it all over again
~Jess

It's perfectly understandable if David can't say anything about future tour dates because nothing is confirmed yet. BUT....I wish he'd just say that! There's nothing wrong with saying "I can't say...nothing's been set in stone yet". I'd rather have that answer than have him tell one person "Yes! We're touring overseas!" and then tell another person, "No. We have no plans for anything". Frustrating.

Guest Guest

I thought we had a "what she said" smiley but no, so WHAT SHE SAID! ^^ Smile

ETA: Found one:  50169410.gif

*climbs on soapbox*

Guys..... All these people "saying" David told them this, David told them that"... First of all, 90% of said people cannot even quote themselves on the exact wording of the question they asked - for example, did they say "Do you have any more tour dates yet?" "Are you going overseas?" "Are you doing any more touring next year?" You get my drift. David is tries to be very precise, and has learned to only answer the exact question asked by a fan and not expand upon the subject beyond that question. So, then the ever expanding "David told me..." stories start up. I've heard his videoed banter quoted completely wrong over and over again - If you can't get recorded banter straight, how in the hell can you repeat an "exact" answer to a question you don't even remember??? This is exactly how all this stupid crap drama starts in this fandom!!! If I'm THIS sick of that crap, I can only imagine how sick poor David is of it all. No wonder he's reluctant to say anything about anything. Almost all of the "exact" quotes I've been hearing lately regarding the tour next year are things I cannot imagine David Cook ever saying to anyone!

I think the davetrance kicks in and ppl lose David's exact words, so they expand upon a specific one line answer with what they "think" he said. That gets repeated, and we have a huge fandom-wide game of Telephone on our hands. It has reached preposterous proportions lately!! I've been accosted with totally unbelievable "direct quotes" by a whole lot of people from many of my friends in the fandom. I keep saying - when you hear this shit (and it IS shit), ask yourself - Can I even imagine David Cook saying something like that to a fan???? It's simple logic - NOT rocket science!!! We all know how David is, and we all have a very good idea of what words David would say and NOT say to a fan. Please!!! Just take a deep breath when you hear this crap and ask yourself - Is that something David would every say to a fan, knowing that every fan will run back to the fandom and spill everything?????

*takes a bow and climbs down from soap box*

Carry on....

@pn112 wrote:
*climbs on soapbox*

Guys..... All these people "saying" David told them this, David told them that"... First of all, 90% of said people cannot even quote themselves on the exact wording of the question they asked - for example, did they say "Do you have any more tour dates yet?" "Are you going overseas?" "Are you doing any more touring next year?" You get my drift. David is tries to be very precise, and has learned to only answer the exact question asked by a fan and not expand upon the subject beyond that question. So, then the ever expanding "David told me..." stories start up. I've heard his videoed banter quoted completely wrong over and over again - If you can't get recorded banter straight, how in the hell can you repeat an "exact" answer to a question you don't even remember??? This is exactly how all this stupid crap drama starts in this fandom!!! If I'm THIS sick of that crap, I can only imagine how sick poor David is of it all. No wonder he's reluctant to say anything about anything. Almost all of the "exact" quotes I've been hearing lately regarding the tour next year are things I cannot imagine David Cook ever saying to anyone!

I think the davetrance kicks in and ppl lose David's exact words, so they expand upon a specific one line answer with what they "think" he said. That gets repeated, and we have a huge fandom-wide game of Telephone on our hands. It has reached preposterous proportions lately!! I've been accosted with totally unbelievable "direct quotes" by a whole lot of people from many of my friends in the fandom. I keep saying - when you hear this shit (and it IS shit), ask yourself - Can I even imagine David Cook saying something like that to a fan???? It's simple logic - NOT rocket science!!! We all know how David is, and we all have a very good idea of what words David would say and NOT say to a fan. Please!!! Just take a deep breath when you hear this crap and ask yourself - Is that something David would every say to a fan, knowing that every fan will run back to the fandom and spill everything?????

*takes a bow and climbs down from soap box*

Carry on....

That's exactly what I thought when I heard about this discrepancy. You just don't know till you know!

Okay, back to regular programming...

I still have to upload my pictures from this show - just got all the video uploaded, so here's those!

Ooohhh, Peggy. I never thought of "HOW" the question was asked. gooooood point. also I never thought of Dave Trance kicking in and not remembering things exactly the way they were said. Also, from Communication 101, we as human beings have a tendency to hear only what we want to hear or think we heard. In other words it is our interpretation of what was said most of the time, and not what exactly was said. Thanks for that. I needed that. Now if the man himself would just say something to all of us we may be OK.

Thanks for getting all the banter. Love the banter. Still don't see a video of the one after he sang Lie and screwed up that sentence, and then said "well shit". I'm on a quest. SOMEONE had to have gotten that.

There was also an article in the Times in the last week about how VERY imperfect memory is (the story was in particular about the use of eye witnesses in proving court cases)... That it is impossible to catch everything, and the mind works in such a way that whatever minor details you DO manage to catch, you build up a story around, not actually remember it. (Then later on, what you remember is the story you built.)

In one study, they used scientific instruments that detect which areas of the brain are activated while you are thinking certain thoughts. One particular SAME EXACT area of the brain is active when the subject is instructed to remember something that did happen, as is when they are instructed to imagine something happening that has not. Think about that. For "remembering", other parts of the brain typically associated with memory were also active, but the imagination part was clearly also firing on all cylinders.

Another thing in that article, which I found VASTLY amusing, is about how when we are focused on something, we don't notice ANYTHING else: they did this study where people watch a video of guys passing a basketball around, some of the guys wearing white shirts, some black. They asked people before the video started to count how may times anyone in a white shirt passed the ball. Afterwards, half the people didn't even notice that in the video, a person wearing a gorilla costume spent minutes on the screen just walking around. In a gorilla suit. Not just for a second - for minutes on end. I found that lol hilarious!

Anyway, that's just a normal, boring situation, where something like a gorilla ought to stand out. Now take into account David's magical mesmerizing eyes. Take into account his presence - that aura about him that encompasses you. Take into account that your thoughts are probably that freaking out at least a little that you are actually talking to him. And again, those EYES. I don't know how any of us ever remembers a single thing said by him or us, no less totally accurately!

Now, someone should find that Times article and see how much I got wrong - it was probably a football and a guy in a banana costume. LOL Face

LMAO Stacy!!!! Exactly my point!!! So, no more freaking out over what someone says David said to them at a show!!!

Back to our regular programming...

MORE PICTURES!!!! cheers

HOLY SHIT!!! Did I really take this pic????

And this.....

And more....

It took me several shots to finally get 1 of Kyle that I liked

A slight creeper shot

Guest Guest

LOL, Stacy... I've actually watched that video, and it is a gorilla and a basketball. And yep, I totally was so focused on counting that I did not notice the gorilla. LOL Face

I will add that when my karate instructor and I used to give women's self defense classes, we would tell them how important it is to be aware of your surroundings, and how much you miss. We would talk about it quite a bit. And then we would go on to showing some defense moves. After a bit, my instructors son would enter the room from the back, stroll up to the front past everyone, and suddenly grab me and run out the door with me. Then my instructor would ask them to write down a description of my "abductor." ROFLOL Some people would say he was short - he was 6'2", some people thought he was heavy (he was skinny.) On the same day his hair color would vary from blond to black... and it was both long and short. Everyone always seemed to say he was wearing jeans, but most of the time he had sweatpants on. Some people thought he had glasses on (he didn't.)

When he would walk back in the room with me, people were amazed at how wrong they were. We really don't pay attention when we are focused on something else. Like say... the fact that David is looking you right in the eye. Wink

Nice pictures, Peg... I need to go watch videos now!

lmao Stacy.

Interesting experiments and their results.

And.... His eyes really do something when they look at you. Don't they? Shit, I'm surprised any of us remember our own names after talking to him. The eyes are killer....

Peggy!!! I've been (ever so patiently *g*) waiting for those vids! I'll be listening to those this afternoon when I get home. Thanks so much!

(Also, you should have told me you were recording! I would have tried to keep my screeching -- aka singing -- to a minimum. I'm worried that I'll listen to them and the person siinging so horribly on these vids will be ME!!! What a nightmare. *g*)

LMAO Melanie! That just shows that you were having a great time!!! It's part of the whole concert experience. I don't think your voice could possibly be any worse than mine, and I was singing his songs at the top of my lungs! LOL

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.