Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

12/07/11 - Allentown, PA - Crocodile Rock Concert

Guest Guest

This is the place to post all tweets, recaps, pics and vids of the December 7, 2011, Allentown, PA, Crocodile Rock concert. We hope everyone going has a great time and remember the rest of us live vicariously through you! Very Happy

We would appreciate it if everyone posting here take the following guidelines into account. They are intended to respect our members as well as people who are not part of our forum and to make the concert threads as easy to read as possible. Very Happy

1. We will not tolerate any talk about fan behavior that involves any bashing, naming names or personal details. Ignoring this warning will earn members a 24 hour ban. Discussion of any retaliation or physical harm against another fan for any reason, will potentially result in a permanent ban from this board.

2. When posting photos and videos, please give credit to the photographer (or writer of a recap) whenever possible. If you see an uncredited photo/video in this thread and know who took it, we'd love for you to share her/his name so we can add the credit to the post it's in. And finally, out of respect for the fantastic photographers we have in the fandom, we ask that, if you'd like to use a photo you see here for an avatar, signature or other graphic, please contact the photographer first for permission if you are able, before altering any of their work.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Setlist

1. Circadian
2. Heroes
3. Mr. Sensitive
4. The Last Goodbye
5. Hard To Believe
6. Paper Heart
7. Come Back To Me
8. 4Letter Word
9. Lie
10. The Hand That Feeds [Nine Inch Nails]
11. Barbasol
12. Light On
13. Fade Into Me
14. Rapid Eye Movement

Find videos for this show here!

Guest Guest

List of photobucket/flickr/twitpic/etc. collections of photos.

Jamie's photo album

honestys_easy's photo album

Guest Guest
Everyone who is going, have fun!

Guest Guest

Have fun, all going!!!

Crocodile Rock is a fun name for a venue. Very Happy

Well, Jamie's flight is delayed until 4:28 when I'll pick her up at Newark. Hopefully the drive, across the state of NJ, in the rain / snow, at rush hour, won't be too slow for us to make the show.

Fingers Crossed!!!

ETA: and as I typed, the arrival is pushed back to 4:35. I REALLY hope it doesn't push back any more!!!! Pulling hair

Fred, if you want to try to find me, I'll be in a black & white dress, and heeled boots. And I'm VERY glad I chose to wear these boots since by the time we get there we don't stand a chance of being anywhere near the front lol. Poor Jamie, though, I should be able to see, though not photograph, from the back since I'm like 5'-10" in heels. But I hope we find a way for Jamie to see over/through the crowd.

Pilot just came over the loudspeaker, arrival is looking good for 4:20ish now. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we don't have any more delays. Please!

(At least the plane has in-flight wi-fi. Trying to look on the bright side since actually "seeing" David probably won't happen. Very Sad )

Here's hoping that everybody has a great time tonight and makes it to the show.

DEBRA Joy dance

Well, Jamie's flight is now due at 4:49. So even if she is at the front of the plane and exists first and walks really, really fast to the curb pick-up, we can't possibly hit the road until 5:00 rush hour has officially begun, and the million or so people who work in NYC and live in NJ all converge on the freeway going the same direction we are at the same time. Oh, and it's raining and windy to boot.

I don't give a rat's ass about VIP or being close enough to even see him at all at this point. I just want to make the show at all. Please!

SETLIST[?]
1. Circadian
2. Heroes
3. Mr. Sensitive
4. Hard To Believe
5. Paper Heart
6. Come Back To Me
7. Four Letter Word
8. Lie
9. The Hand That Feeds [Nine Inch Nails]
10. Bar-ba-sol
11. Light On
12. Fade Into Me
13. Rapid Eye Movement

Joy dance We made the show yay!

We have NOT made it home. Traffic on the freeway came to a dead standstill 40 minutes ago. I don't mean stop and go. Just stop. No emergency vehicles going by. No road work signs. No explanation at all. Just... No movement. I am going to have to crash at my parents house tonight, that is, if we ever start moving again, and then wake up 5.5 hours from now and go to work in my party dress. Looking kinda like... No, EXACTLY like, the walk of shame. Maybe i will tell my coworkers i had sex with david cook all night and then he drooped me off at the corner by my work from his tour bus lmao!

Speaking of David Cook, for the last 20 shows or so, starting a couple shows after my previous show of this tour, York, David has been playing at least 1-2 songs guitarless at every single show. Until tonight. The bastard hates me, I swear. Did someone tell him the girl who goes on about desperation to see him sing just one more song guitarless before she fucking dies would be at this show so he could spite me? Peggy? Barb?

I hate him.

Almost as much as I hate sitting in a car in the middle of the night not moving. For... Now it's been 50 minutes.

FML.

Pretty decent show though. If I meet him Friday, i will "yell at him" about the guitar thing though. Razz

Joy dance We made the show yay!

We have NOT made it home. Traffic on the freeway came to a dead standstill 40 minutes ago. I don't mean stop and go. Just stop. No emergency vehicles going by. No road work signs. No explanation at all. Just... No movement. I am going to have to crash at my parents house tonight, that is, if we ever start moving again, and then wake up 5.5 hours from now and go to work in my party dress. Looking kinda like... No, EXACTLY like, the walk of shame. Maybe i will tell my coworkers i had sex with david cook all night and then he drooped me off at the corner by my work from his tour bus lmao!

Speaking of David Cook, for the last 20 shows or so, starting a couple shows after my previous show of this tour, York, David has been playing at least 1-2 songs guitarless at every single show. Until tonight. The bastard hates me, I swear. Did someone tell him the girl who goes on about desperation to see him sing just one more song guitarless before she fucking dies would be at this show so he could spite me? Peggy? Barb?

I hate him.

Almost as much as I hate sitting in a car in the middle of the night not moving. For... Now it's been 50 minutes.

FML.

Pretty decent show though. If I meet him Friday, i will "yell at him" about the guitar thing though. Razz

uh boy. lol

Stacy, have you EVER seen him do a song without a guitar? I'm just curious.

Lol. Yes on the declaration tour. Quite a few times then. The last guitarless song i saw was mr. Sensitive at Providence 2 years ago.

No. He kept the guitar in front of him the whole song. He didnt even swing it onto his back.

But dont worry - its just that i am cursed. As long as you go to a concert i am not at, you are sure tomget a guitarless song.

Still not moving. Hour and a half now.

Holy shit! Your still in traffic? Sheesh. Is it snowing or something where the roads are bad?

Guest Guest
Have faith Stacy! I bet you get R&R guitarless at Irving Plaza.

Guest Guest
Yeah, I'm betting R&R at least for IP.

You should have been in Greensburg with us. Because of all the guitar problems he was having that night, we got two full guitarless songs, and a couple more partially guitarless.

Well, we did make it to my mom's house after not moving for two full hours on the freeway. Too late by far to then drive to my place in ny. I got maybe three hours sleep. On the njtransit right now. In my my mom's dress that doesn't fit, boots that don't match, no makeup, glasses, and the biggest headache. And partially deaf from standing right by the speakers way far andy side last night. With my luck I'll run into David in the city today looking like this lol. After being waaaaaaaaaaaay to late to make the vip m&g yesterday when Jamie & I were both looking damn hot if I do say so myself lol.

And yes, for real, the guitar did not come off last night. After i swear he did 20 fucking shows taking it off for at least one song. It has been two years since I've had one goddamn guitarless song. And it's not that I haven't been to any concerts since that last guitarless song - an extra-hot Mr. Sensitive in Providence. No, I saw him at Morongo. Two shows at Busch Gardens. The Concert for Hope. Great Adventure. Best Buy. York. And now Allentown. Not. One. Guitarless. Song. In all those shows combined.

I swear someone told him this girl who would give away her firstborn to see you sing guitarless once more before she dies is in the audience tonight and he covered himself with it nonstop out of spite. I hate him.

Seriously. For over a month now, 1 or more guitarless songs every show. Until tonight. Wtf? PLUS, to prove my point of why I think he should take the guitar off more, he hardly looked up from it at ALL. He barely interacted with the crowd at all. So little he could have been performing in an empty room. I don't know how much of it is looking at his damn guitar fingerings, how much is the damn teleprompter, how much is sheer laziness or whatever that he is actually closing his eyes for 90% of songs, but he didn't even freaking look around the audience. He barely bantered. The banter about the girl at the children's hospital was adorable. But that was practically the only banter. I miss him interacting with us, fucking with us, connecting with us. I dont know how much of it is the guitar, but i am sure some of it is.

Well, we did make it to my mom's house after not moving for two full hours on the freeway. Too late by far to then drive to my place in ny. I got maybe three hours sleep. On the njtransit right now. In my my mom's dress that doesn't fit, boots that don't match, no makeup, glasses, and the biggest headache. And partially deaf from standing right by the speakers way far andy side last night. With my luck I'll run into David in the city today looking like this lol. After being waaaaaaaaaaaay to late to make the vip m&g yesterday when Jamie & I were both looking damn hot if I do say so myself lol.

And yes, for real, the guitar did not come off last night. After i swear he did 20 fucking shows taking it off for at least one song. It has been two years since I've had one goddamn guitarless song. And it's not that I haven't been to any concerts since that last guitarless song - an extra-hot Mr. Sensitive in Providence. No, I saw him at Morongo. Two shows at Busch Gardens. The Concert for Hope. Great Adventure. Best Buy. York. And now Allentown. Not. One. Guitarless. Song. In all those shows combined.

I swear someone told him this girl who would give away her firstborn to see you sing guitarless once more before she dies is in the audience tonight and he covered himself with it nonstop out of spite. I hate him.

Seriously. For over a month now, 1 or more guitarless songs every show. Until tonight. Wtf? PLUS, to prove my point of why I think he should take the guitar off more, he hardly looked up from it at ALL. He barely interacted with the crowd at all. So little he could have been performing in an empty room. I don't know how much of it is looking at his damn guitar fingerings, how much is the damn teleprompter, how much is sheer laziness or whatever that he is actually closing his eyes for 90% of songs, but he didn't even freaking look around the audience. He barely bantered. The banter about the girl at the children's hospital was adorable. But that was practically the only banter. I miss him interacting with us, fucking with us, connecting with us. I dont know how much of it is the guitar, but i am sure some of it is.

That's really strange that he didn't even interact with the crowd, let alone look around the audience scratch

The whole show did seem to fly by...short set list plus not much banter...but at least we made it! God what a shitty day yesterday was...

Guest Guest
I bet he will be in a chatty mood at Irving Plaza. The crowds in NJ/NYC seem to energize him.

I have a few videos of banter that I'll upload when I get to Stacy's place. I was standing right under a speaker so the bass is SUPER heavy in the videos of the songs...I may not bother with them.

I also took only 150 pictures and only a handful are worth sharing. There was a beam of light between my camera and Dave and it washed everything out really bad.

Aw! Stacy you'll get guitarless Dave just wait till your not expecting it it will happen Smile heck i dont even remember if he was guitarless at my show i was so caught up in the moment though.

Guest Guest

The only video I've found so far

from worldwartori

Guest Guest
Hopefully tomorrow you will get a show without the denim shirt and with a guitarless song. After your travel nightmares from yesterday, you deserve it. Shallow moment...That leather jacket with the waxed jeans is fucking hot.

Yeah, he was extra hot last night. Those jeans. That jacket. Perhaps the last day of the long hair... love plode

I hope that he doesn't lose the HAIR. Loving it! Awww Love I had mentioned something about it to my hubby and he joked that wouldn't it be funny if Dave shaves his head and his beard. Scared! I didn't find this very funny!

DEBRA Freaked!

@dsil wrote:

I hope that he doesn't lose the HAIR. Loving it! Awww Love I had mentioned something about it to my hubby and he joked that wouldn't it be funny if Dave shaves his head and his beard. Scared! I didn't find this very funny!

DEBRA Freaked!

It would be a little funny... Run

Alrighty, I apologize for the slim pickin's this time. I don't have many worth sharing...

Allentown 161 by jalyn0484, on Flickr

Allentown 162 by jalyn0484, on Flickr

Allentown 143 by jalyn0484, on Flickr

Allentown 010 by jalyn0484, on Flickr

Allentown 011 by jalyn0484, on Flickr

Allentown 017 by jalyn0484, on Flickr

Allentown 036 by jalyn0484, on Flickr

Guest Guest

Ooh, you got some nice ones, Jamie! Thanks for sharing them. Smile

So, I have a suggestion to Stacy. Stacy, tomorrow, if you are doing a meet and greet, put in a request for R&R. That way he has the request, and you are guaranteed a guitar less song because he says he can't play Led Zepplin. Personally I don't believe it, but he seems to believe it. So win-win. And if he does play it with guitar, I would take that personally. lol

Just a thought. Smile

Jamie, I love your pictures. I like the close up. You must have an amazing zoom to be so far back and still get such good close ups.

And yeah, the leather jacket is killer.

@vsteph1 wrote:
So, I have a suggestion to Stacy. Stacy, tomorrow, if you are doing a meet and greet, put in a request for R&R. That way he has the request, and you are guaranteed a guitar less song because he says he can't play Led Zepplin. Personally I don't believe it, but he seems to believe it. So win-win. And if he does play it with guitar, I would take that personally. lol

Just a thought. Smile

Jamie, I love your pictures. I like the close up. You must have an amazing zoom to be so far back and still get such good close ups.

And yeah, the leather jacket is killer.

Aw thanks. I wasn't that far back though- I was just all the way over to the left on Andy's side with microphones, spotlights, and speakers in my way. My camera does have a 35x zoom though Wink

Thanks, Viv - I may just do that - request RnR. Even if he played guitar for it, I would want it. And I do not believe everything he says, lol, but I believe him if he says he can't do LZ. Their music is more... complex than most. I know it's really not comparable but when I was in my college band who only plays rock tunes - current and classic - we never did LZ. We DID play some Rush songs which are not easy, especially conducting a bans of 100 because the time signature changes like 30 times per song.

LZ is an entirely different beast. But their songs are musically complex and structured differently and... Formed differently. Actually, like David's writing, they flow from a riff and grow to a song and then get lyrics IIRC. But the drums, and the guitars... everything.... I should just say that I believe being able to play rock songs on guitar does NOT mean one can play LZ.

Stacy and Jamie- I'm sorry that you had a weather, plane and automobile ordeal for this event! But it sounds like you still had a great time, with (but unfortunately not without lol) guitar. I am not surprised. How can you not? Seeing him put on a show and the afterglow kinda makes almost anything bearable... don'tcha think?

Ok so here's my video of the Children's Hospital banter and Four Letter Word. I heartily apologize for the terrible audio during the song, the speaker was right above me. I should have stopped recording.

I wish the afterglow had been enough to last me all day, Chrissie. Alas, a coworker quite shockingly turned on me at work today, one I had, until today, actually consiered a fried as well. It kind of broke my heart and spirit. I actually cried my entire subway ride home.

I am unspeakably thankful I have another show tomorrow to escape into the music one last time until who-knows-when. Heart

ETA: as an addendum to Jamie's post, I apologize if you cannot hear anything David says over my non-stop laughter. Embarassed

Guest Guest
Thanks, Jamie!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.