• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

David to perform at the "“Glam Rock to Erase MS” event

Guest Guest
“Glam Rock to Erase MS” Attracts Celebrities For a Good Cause
by Dennis Brinkworth

This year’s 19th Annual gala, Race to Erase MS is rocking out with platform shoes, glitter and wild hairstyles. Entitled “Glam Rock to Erase MS,” Nancy Davis and Tommy Hilfiger will host the star-studded event on May 18.

The evening is full of entertainment, including live performances by the vocal quartet “The Tenors” and American Idol winner David Cook, a dance performance by Derek Hough and Teri Garr and Deb and Bill MacMillan will be presented with the Nancy Davis Foundation for Multiple Sclerosis “Medal of Hope” award.

The gala at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza Hotel raises millions of dollars every year towards the Nancy Davis Foundation for Multiple Sclerosis’ Center Without Walls program, an initiative that promotes communication and teamwork of medical research between six of the top research centers in the nation.

More at SOURCE

Guest Guest
Quote :
Tickets

• Individual Tickets are $1,000. Seating is limited.

Umm, yeah... so who's going? LOL Face

Nice to see him doing another charity event. Awww Love

Guest Guest

Not me LOL flag But if I had it I might pay a grand to see David in platform shoes and glitter.

Guest Guest
^^ Ditto.... that WOULD be a sight to see .... oh my!

This sounds like so much fun! I'd pay $1,000 just to have an excuse to wear glitter, platforms and wild hair (I Live in a small town). It never gets old to see David involved in a charity event.

I'm curious why they didn't invite AL on this. It's more like of his cup of tea. Perhaps the jean shirt would provide some glam trend?

Guest Guest

It's great he is doing another charity event! Heart

He may need to use a "bedazzler" on the denim shirt! Razz

@cooksgal wrote:
I'm curious why they didn't invite AL on this. It's more like of his cup of tea. Perhaps the jean shirt would provide some glam trend?

ROFLOL Um, yeah, his typical jean shirt or plaid shirt is not exactly glam. And none of us can afford to go, but man, oh man, do I hope there are photos of this event. Hm, even if no photographer fans go, I imagine there will be red carpet type photos, and professional photos during the event. That seems to be the way these things go.

Guest Guest
Aida, Maybe he can wear the jean shirt with the sparkly bow-tie he wore on the night of the finale!

Hm. Maybe Ana will pop in tonight and show us what David would look like totally glam-rocked up. I'm thinking... David Lee Roth. One of his day-glo leggings with ass cheeks exposed outfits. ROFLOL

Ass cheeks exposed? Oh hell.......The images in my mind right now..... What a Face

Actually, having read that article further, first thing I thought? "Hmm...so is Derek Hough going to try to talk to David about being on HIS show?" Twisted Evil

Whoa, Nellie! I don't think I could handle the hotness of David on DWTS. Or, it could be the opposite if he's as bad a dancer as he claims. A claim I do NOT believe, though, I have to say.

Guest Guest
Hm. Maybe Ana will pop in tonight and show us what David would look like totally glam-rocked up. I'm thinking... David Lee Roth. One of his day-glo leggings with ass cheeks exposed outfits. ROFLOL

Please no spandex!!!! We saw enough of that with the Matador outfit! Freaked!

Girls, let my mind in peace. Any tight fabric around those.....assets. MY LORD.

Y'all cracked me up!

So, it's positive that he will be singing, right? Not modeling? Cause that's a "live performance" too
I heard Pia Toscano will be modeling, that's where the idea came from Razz

Guest Guest

I'm hoping that he is looking for a new bucketlist challenge since he finished the marathon. Maybe DWTS will be in his future altho I'd rather him be too busy touring to do that.

He could always play the piano on stage for his next self imposed challenge! Please!

Guest Guest

Gavin did it while touring. I'd love to see David on DWTS.... Like Stacy, I don't believe he's as bad a dancer as he lets on.

I love that David's doing this charity thing but ..... I really don't want to see him all glammed up. Leave that to AL. Smile (if Ana comes in here and does her thing, someone warn me LOL Face)

Guest Guest
LOL flag Kathy- If Ana does glam up Dave maybe she will use the spoiler tag for you!

I guess I'm thinking of the Declaration tour & hardly any days off for David type tour. Gavin was touring but nothing like the busy daily schedule. I imagine if David did it he'd want to have the time to devote to be the best etc LOL Face That would be a fun vote to rock!

And the Glam part also includes hair it says! I'd love to see the Top Hat back for this!

Oh dear me! I daresay David would not be comfy at all with 'em ass cheeks exposed. Wink But maybe he could show us a glimpse of that lovely heart tattoo on his chest.. Razz

davegl16.jpg

Guest Guest

*peeks into thread and runs away screaming* LOL Face Ana!!!!

Hm. Maybe Ana will pop in tonight and show us what David would look like totally glam-rocked up. I'm thinking... David Lee Roth. One of his day-glo leggings with ass cheeks exposed outfits.

Now THAT would be a sight!

I have a beautiful friend who was diagnosed with MS ten years ago but is doing so well. To look at her you would never know she has the diagnosis. I am so happy to hear that David is doing this.

Guest Guest
kcbban wrote:
*peeks into thread and runs away screaming* LOL Face Ana!!!!

Right behind you, Kathy Run

Guest Guest

David is so NOT GLAM!!! LOL Face Unless, as someone said, you use a bedazzler to embellish plaid or jean shirts, lol.

Though I don't buy David saying he's not a good dancer, IMO DWTS is just not him. He's already been in a reality TV show and hated it. I don't see him participating in any other evah!

@Analytics wrote:

Oh dear me! I daresay David would not be comfy at all with 'em ass cheeks exposed. Wink But maybe he could show us a glimpse of that lovely heart tattoo on his chest.. Razz

davegl16.jpg

:roflol:Thank you for that laugh, Ana! ROFLOL

Guest Guest

Ana, I haven't quite figured out if that graphic makes me ROFLOL or Run Maybe a little of both!

ROFLOL i just read through this whole thing and i'm laughing my butt off at you ladies!! Y'all are hilarious!!!

justforme wrote:
Ana, I haven't quite figured out if that graphic makes me ROFLOL or Run Maybe a little of both!

Know what - me neither. Not too crazy about David's head and face departing too much from his usual -- so I think I'll restore his more loveable hair style.. Very Happy

davegl17.jpg

ROFLOL ...you forgot the sparkles on the chest. [was that an extra I thought about? ick.]

Oh dear God. *in Dave's voice just like that one before he sang RITD*

If possible, I'm 100% sure even David will run from himself! LOL.

@cooksgal wrote:
ROFLOL ...you forgot the sparkles on the chest. [was that an extra I thought about? ick.]

* just like he said before singing Rock and Roll acoustic at Fort Wayne*
Laughing hystericallLaughing hystericall "Don't put on Youtube... I know you will..." Laughing hystericallLaughing hystericall

Guest Guest
BUMP! This is tonight. Not sure if we'll get any video - hopefully the event promoters will put some up - since this is $1,000 a plate event. If anyone from the fandom is going, I haven't heard of it.

But there will be a LIVE BLOG on this Facebook page, starting at 10pm eastern, (7pm pacific) tonight, so we will likely get some word on him there.

Guest Guest
Thanks for the link, Jeannie. I hope we get a mention of David at the live blog and also something from the organizers *crossing fingers*

Guest Guest

Thanks Barb Great

I somehow hadn't noticed this thread before...just read it now, and you guys all cracked me up with your discussion. Yikes! Dave all glam...scary! But thanks for the laugh guys and Ana! ROFLOL

Guest Guest

Don't we always find a way to goof around like the "master goof" LOL Face

Guest Guest
Quote :

‏@KaliaPrescottBR @RacetoEraseMS Hi! We wanted to know if the tonight's event, at Hyatt Regency Century Plaza's gonna be transmited on tv! Tnx #Race2EraseMS

NancyDavisFoundation ‏@RacetoEraseMS

@KaliaPrescottBR I believe extra, acces sand entertainment tonight will be! We will be updating everyone 2 with video and photos!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NancyDavisFoundation ‏@RacetoEraseMS @WordNerdHome thank u! We will keep u updated! @thedavidcook So lucky have him perform! #EraseMS #GlamRock

Word Nerd Home ‏@WordNerdHome @RacetoEraseMS Thanks for keeping us posted about pics and videos and for having @thedavidcook Hope the event is fenomenal!

Woohoo! Seems we'll probably get some vids and pics!!! Jump

Guest Guest
Excited2 Looking forward to news, photos, videos...whatever we can get!

Guest Guest
Thanks for the photos and links. They look so handsome all dressed up!

Guest Guest

Not exactly the "Glam" we were picturing LOL Face but they look spiffy/glamorous. Very Happy

Guest Guest
He looks gorgeous, and from the tweets from last night from some people who were there, he killed it!

Quote :
@belindasLAmusic: David Cook just ended his set at the Erase the MS benefit singing Zepplin w a standing ovation from the crowd. Taylor hicks introduced him

@JenTheJew: Sick rock performance by @thedavidcook @RacetoEraseMS http://lockerz.com/s/210085118

@TenorsMusic: @thedavidcook performance. Epic!!!! http://twitter.com/TenorsMusic/status/203725214515867648/photo/1

@jennpeters: Who knew? #DavidCook and his band just nailed #LedZeppelin @ the #RacetoEraseMS Really terrific! Huh, may have to keep up w them.

@latoyajackson: What an incredible event #racetoerasems Watching #AmericanIdol winner #Davidcook perform! He's great! http://twitter.com/latoyajackson/status/203723286591447040/photo/1

@MrAndrewCook: Bro at work http://instagr.am/p/KzAXZNi7rj/

@producerjacknyc: David Cook performing http://twitter.com/producerjacknyc/status/203724590592163841/photo/1

@BrettGursky: #NowPlaying: @TheDavidCook performing live @ the @RaceToEraseMS... http://twitpic.com/9mns0r

@FrankCintamani: @thedavidcook sounding fantastic!! Up close and Live! http://lockerz.com/s/210077897

@DemitOmphroy: @RacetoEraseMS such an incredible event filled with amazing people. David Cooke is killing it on stage.

@Ann_lopez: David Cook performing ... Rock on!

@PiaToscano: It is such a treat to watch @thedavidcook perform live.. Amazing http://twitter.com/PiaToscano/status/203722677003890688/photo/1

@DianaDeGarmo: Listening to @thedavidcook JAM! #RacetoEraseMSGala http://via.me/-18ktud2

@ValentineGroup: At the Race to Erase event, and David Cook is performing!

@getbeyondfit @davidcook http://lockerz.com/s/210076266