Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

Mission Accomplished #DC1Million - Benefit Concert

Guest Guest
High Five! Six years and what have David and his fans accomplished? Raising one million dollars for Brain Cancer Charity!

Tuesday night, at a sold out benefit concert in Virginia, magic happened. About a month ago, David announced the concert and started a fundraiser on crowdrise to get the $70,000 needed for our team to have donated a million. Tuesday morning, we had $20,000 to go. When the concert began, we were still $8,500 short. But the fans weren't done giving. Those watching on the livestream Dave provided were tipping - looks like about $3,400 over the course of the night... those of us there were tipping. Monty offered up $200 for David to sing "Separate Ways." A fan threw a couple of dollars on the stage, and within a couple of minutes, $1,369 had been passed forward and handed to Dave. A fan offered $100 for "Secret Garden" which wasn't on the setlist. And at one point, a fan asked how much for the shirt off David's back. He thought for a bit while he sang a song, and then before you knew it, Monty was playing auctioneer and the sweaty, (reportedly smelly - per Dave LOL Face ) shirt was eventually sold for $1500! (Sweet side note - the fans who had gone together to purchase the shirt, made a spur of the moment decision, and at the meet and greet after the show, they informed David that they had bought him a birthday present... a shirt... and they returned it to him.)

I've been to a lot of Dave's concerts. I have many favorite moments... but this show was completely off the charts, and will be my favorite for a long, long time I'm sure. He did several covers (said he wanted to do something new, but not give away any more material from the new album, so they worked up some new covers,) including Tears for Fears' "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" Tom Petty's "Running Down a Dream," and Coldplay's "Clocks." He also did something he hadn't thought he'd ever do again... a full band version of "Billie Jean" which he says is the most asked for song he gets. And of course, the first full band (non-acoustic) version of his new single, "Wait For Me." It was amazing!

The Set List

Everybody Wants to Rule the World (Tears for Fears cover)
I Did It for You
Eyes on You
Paper Heart
Runnin' Down A Dream (Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers cover)
Laying Me Low
Kiss You Tonight
Declaration
Clocks (Coldplay cover)
Kiss and Tell
Come Back to Me
Separate Ways (Journey cover)
Heroes
Light On
Secret Garden (Springsteen cover)
Wait for Me
Billie Jean (Jackson/Cornell cover)

There are tons of videos, and I will try to get them all in here when I can. I just got home late last night, and am at work right now. But here's a few to start you off:

The Moment David finds out the goal has been reached (thanks to DblJerseyGirl for the videos):

More videos to come below - and seriously... we should all be proud of this! Dave really is!

Guest Guest

Running Down A Dream:

Guest Guest

Secret Garden (where Dave played the guitar so hard, he ended up hurting his shoulder and his hand, which had to be wrapped and iced for the meet and greet):

Guest Guest

Kiss You Tonight:

More to come later - including some great pictures and anything else we can find... but right now I have to get back to work. Feel free to add anything you find. Smile

Jeanie, thanks so much for the recap and videos. Already watched them and can't for more. I'm so happy to hear that the evening was such a success. David is such a special person and giving of his time to others and causes.

DC CheerleaderDC CheerleaderDC CheerleaderDC Cheerleader

DEBRA

Thanks so much for bringing these videos and your recap here. I am also so glad that someone got the video of the moment Dave found out we had reached 1 million dollars cause that particular moment happened when the livestream went down and we missed it. I think it came back in the middle of the champagne toast. So thanks again. What an amazing night. It's kind of funny but other than buying the ticket for the livestream I was not able to participate in the last 70,000 dollars raised cause I lost my job and well.... kinda hurtin financially right now. So I felt bad. But then I realized that even though I didn't participate in the last 70,000 doll, I did participate in the million, and that made me feel much better. It helped me realize that I was a part of this momentous moment and well, I'm just proud to be a part of it all. All for an amazing cause.

Guest Guest
Hug Viv.  Everyone who has ever given anything has participated, and since you bought a livestream ticket, you WERE part of that last $70,000. Seventy percent of the proceeds from that went to the charity as well.  And you know, the big donors are awesome, but most of us can't make those kind of donations, and they have a limit to what they can give as well. It's all the little donations put together that got us to this goal. We really are a team, and all of us working together did it. Great

It's something we all can be proud of!

The stream went down because the provider sets a time on the shows. We went over and the stream cut when we did, but as soon as Deana realized that, she had them get it up and running again as quickly as possible.

I have to give big props to Deana as well. She busted her butt this past month for the event, and did a fantastic job!

Thanks for that, Jeanne. And I didn't know that some of the money for the ticket went to the cause, so that is awesome. Gotta say, the stream was awesome and it was such fun to be a part of it (legally) LOL. Hope they do more of those. The camera man did an awesome job as well. We really are a team, even if we can only give a little bit. But thank God for those who can give large amounts too!

Guest Guest
Jeannie, Thank you so much for the recap and videos! I'm proud of David, the fans, Deana and every single person who worked to organize the events and concerts that helped raise a million dollars for a great cause.

Guest Guest
Thanks, Rabrina!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.