Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
eclipse

Ok so i have decided . . . . the bandit stays

OK Big debate!! scratch

I been pondering on a lighter/sportier bike. Maybe an R6, don’t know – not really got that far.

But having been out this weekend, I think I just want my existing bike to look nicer. I have a friend just opted for a sports bike and she’s a lot taller than me and she is rubbish on it! I don’t think I would be rubbish as I have had 2 sports positions before but I think I ride my upright bandit better. So the upshot of it is that I may treat it to a lick of paint or even a vinyl wrap, and a bit of bling.

Answers on a postcard . . .

scratchscratchscratchscratchscratch

Guest Guest

How long have you had the bandit?

I've had my bike going on 17 months now and every month it just gets better and better, with regards the handling, moving her about etc etc.

I'd go with the bling, much better to have a bike you like made even better.

Mines being treated to a new exhaust and air horn come November, she deserves it Very Happy

had it a yr now and i do chuck it about a bit. Twisted Evil

it still outrides me on the twisties really so just think it is fine, just needs some tlc. I sprayed it myself, and its a bit crappy. (it had faded to pinky white on rear end)

fancy a can, new bars, ends, levers. NEC here we come fighting

I had a B6 for 3 months or so i loved it she was the best bike i had ridden so far (number 5 ) but i was relying on others to help me move her around so because i like my independance and i go out for rides on my own i sold her and bought a SV650 and omg what a change now this is my favourite bike for the mo and up to now i have had her 12 months which in the 4 years of riding is bloody good for me.
If you can handle it keep it and do the bling thing

yes my boyfriend works away so i do get the bike out myself. I find it hard but i don't show it lol

I've had my Bandit 10 years now, I'd be very reluctant to see it go. Not a lot of scope for weight saving really so you just need to learn to (wo)manhandle it Smile More bling available than decorum ought to allow, so you could tart the old girl up a bit. That said, I'm a big fan of SVs as Suzukijax has commented on and they certainly are easier to lug about due to weight and narrowness. In fact I'm hoping to view an SV1000S at the weekend. Don't forget you can get the SV650N I think it is with the upright position and no screen. Nearest you'll get to a slim, lighter B600 IMHO. Smile

if you think its hard to move your bandit about ,try moving a bike with low handle bars on

man handling just technique.. i am only five three and can man handle..pans, ktm adventures,and bmwr1200gs..its just confidence..there an instructor even smaller than me she is five foot one and can also move all the bikes around.

yes i think i emphasised too much about the weight, its not a massive issue. I do handle it ok all the time by myself. Just know theres lighter bikes out there.

I have handled all sorts of bikes, i have to get a busa out to get mine out.

just wasnt sure the Bandit was the bike for me but i think i have changed my mind. I had a good ride on sunday and more or less made up my mind.

thanks for all your comments

@eclipse wrote:
yes i think i emphasised too much about the weight, its not a massive issue. I do handle it ok all the time by myself. Just know theres lighter bikes out there.

I have handled all sorts of bikes, i have to get a busa out to get mine out.

just wasnt sure the Bandit was the bike for me but i think i have changed my mind. I had a good ride on sunday and more or less made up my mind.

thanks for all your comments

I used to have a blackbird and at times it was really awkward to move around due in my opinion to having low handlebars ,got a xjr 1300 similar weight ,but the bars are a lot higher and it feels easier to move about