Please do not use an email address as your username. If you have, please change your username. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
XS1100

Fossil fuels

Any one else burning Fossil fuels to keep warm?or are you all posh and have gas central heating Smile

Guest Guest
We have decided to spend our first Chirstmas in the UK for 10yrs so am staying centrally heated.

If we had gone to France all we have at the house is a double burner Log fire, which heats the whole house. I will miss it loads as theres nothing like being in front of a log fire with a decent bottle of something. It brings a rosey glow to your cheeks!!

And if one of you says so does a smack round the face or worse, so help me!!

I miss the good old open fire especially this time of year Sad theres only storage heaters in my 300 year old flat.

foflfoflfofl

nice 1 Rose,

but yeh central heating for me also ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

central heating all the way

Do miss the old coal fires,to cook the toast on Laughing

@lee wrote:
central heating all the way

Do miss the old coal fires,to cook the toast on Laughing

that reminds,ill have to get some chestnuts thumbs

We have a gas fire and gas central heating which is by far the best sort to have if you want instant heat (which i do ) I always remember my mum lighting the coal fire when i was a kid and hated it when she hadnt got it going for when we got up as it always took ages to warm the living room up, but on the other hand they always look welcoming and cosy

confused -always thought gas was a fossil fuel
anyhoo who cares just keep warm

I`m really posh :queen: and don`t need the heating on much, but when I do its a l0g fire

Rose wrote:
We have decided to spend our first Chirstmas in the UK for 10yrs so am staying centrally heated.

If we had gone to France all we have at the house is a double burner Log fire, which heats the whole house. I will miss it loads as theres nothing like being in front of a log fire with a decent bottle of something. It brings a rosey glow to your cheeks!!

And if one of you says so does a smack round the face or worse, so help me!!
thumbs has to be a bottle of Jack

My mate's taken out his gas fire & gone back to coal. In his own words, "can't afford the rape & pillage of the gas bills"

My mate's taken out his gas fire & gone back to coal. In his own words, "can't afford the rape & pillage of the gas bills"

Have you seen the price of coal lately?

Yeah but round here there's still loads of ppl getting pit allowances which they often sell cheaply as they can't use it all. My mother in law operates a blast furnace I think-her idea of cooling the house down is to open windows! Very Happy

Yeah but round here there's still loads of ppl getting pit allowances which they often sell cheaply as they can't use it all. My mother in law operates a blast furnace I think-her idea of cooling the house down is to open windows! Very Happy
Laughing