Please do not use an email address as your username. If you have, please change your username. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
peejay

Textile Jacket

I want to get a good quality comfortable waterproof textile jacket, preferably with a removable lining for when it's cold / hot etc, I usually prefer to wear my leathers for most riding but I want something a bit more "all day" comfortable for going to race meetings etc as wearing my leathers all day gets a bit uncomfortable.....any suggestions?? I'm going to the bike show at Excel in February so will be hoping to get something at a good offer if possible, thanks guys 'n gals thumbs

I've got a weise xblade 2 jacket that I swear by. its been brilliantly waterproof for the last 2 years in all weathers and its a bit longer than some textile jackets which I find to be way more comfortable. best part is they're only about £80. Removable thermal lining and knox armour too thumbs

I agree with Grumpyowl ive used allsorts over the years but ive always gone back to Frank Thomas quality gear imo aswell thumbs

i like frank thomas got loads of it but for the past year ive been wearing an ixon textile jacket a bit pricey and you have to get a size larger but the quality,protection ,and comfort are fantastic and its totally waterproof with a removable thermal lining .

yeah good stuff FT better stock up the companys in trouble thumbs

Well we went to the show at Excel last Sunday and I tried on several jackets including Frank Thomas, they had some good deals on different makes ranging from £60 - £100 but whichever one I tried on there was something not quite right about each one, then just as we were getting ready to leave I tried on an Alpinestars Drystar textile jacket, it was just what I was looking for and ticked all the boxes, a bit more than I wanted to spend but was still good value at £145 after bargaining a bit with the guy, tried it out last week on my little rideout and I'm totally made up with it thumbs

@peejay wrote:
Well we went to the show at Excel last Sunday and I tried on several jackets including Frank Thomas, they had some good deals on different makes ranging from £60 - £100 but whichever one I tried on there was something not quite right about each one, then just as we were getting ready to leave I tried on an Alpinestars Drystar textile jacket, it was just what I was looking for and ticked all the boxes, a bit more than I wanted to spend but was still good value at £145 after bargaining a bit with the guy, tried it out last week on my little rideout and I'm totally made up with it thumbs

nice one peejay always best to try a few out first,is it gortex?

I`ve got a Dainese textile jacket.... zip out liner, extra thick (press stud) neck liner.... it`s been bloody good so far

i got a swift textile jacket from j & S stall at the bike show for £50,removable lining n fitted with armour,went out on 60 mile ride the other week in bout 4 degrees n was toasty,well happy with it thumbs

I have a Hein Gericke PSX-TR GTX jacket and trouser I love them, I ride all year round ok they don’t have a liner but I can get a hoodie under the jacket so it’s fine.

Not cheap kit but I’ve had it for about 3 years and still rain proof thumbs

E.Goldsiten “They are watching you” Suspect

@dick65 wrote:
@peejay wrote:
Well we went to the show at Excel last Sunday and I tried on several jackets including Frank Thomas, they had some good deals on different makes ranging from £60 - £100 but whichever one I tried on there was something not quite right about each one, then just as we were getting ready to leave I tried on an Alpinestars Drystar textile jacket, it was just what I was javascript:emoticonp('thumbs')looking for and ticked all the boxes, a bit more than I wanted to spend but was still good value at £145 after bargaining a bit with the guy, tried it out last week on my little rideout and I'm totally made up with it thumbs

nice one peejay always best to try a few out first,is it gortex?

No they call it Drystar which is basically the same as Goretex but just Alpinestars version with their own branding so should be waterproof, hopefully I wont have to find out as I am unashamedly a fair weather rider sunny I really got it for the comfort factor when at bike meets etc so as it's waterproof that's a bonus if I get caught out thumbs