Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Legionnaire

If you still take that drink after watching this then you should be in jail

Yes you should be in jail,
BUT why do we still keep letting high profile CELEBS off with a slap on the wrist.
Paul Gascoigne for eg, again last week.
What kind of message is that sending out?

The Alcohol limit should be Zero, and 5 yers Jail minimum with no maximum term.

Totally agree Grumpy...... and i would add a ban from driving for life ????? There are no excuses................
Mo

Guest Guest
I posted that on a site last year and its beyond me why the UK can't put out something similar. we always have to be so nicey nicey..

Rose wrote:
I posted that on a site last year and its beyond me why the UK can't put out something similar. we always have to be so nicey nicey..
I totally agree with you Rose, sometimes the shock tactic wouldnt go a miss thumbs

Totally agree, the limit should be ZERO,

And that VT should be aired on prime time TV especially at this time of year

whilst I agree with every ones comments
it wouldnt do a lot off good peoples memories are short and they know these videos
are reconstructions.
They all think it couldnt happen to me cos I is invincible after a couple
of shandies never mind the good stuff JMHO though

Guest Guest
hope we all think the same for speeding

maddog wrote:
hope we all think the same for speeding

Oh thats a contentious spanner you've thrown in the works there Maddog.

No one can defend either can they ?

Well in 37 years of driving/riding yes I've had 3 points on 4 occasions never more than 3 at any one time and never for more than 10mph over.
Touch wood had clean license for nearly 10 years now.
I drive 35k + for my job and ride my bike for pleasure,
I do try to stick religously to the 30/40/50 limits but do enjoy the odd blast on my bike (of course i do )open roads conditions permitting.
But a slight lapse and your doing 35 in a 30 for a few seconds and getting £60 and 3 points does not put me in the same ring as a piss head who has had 6 pints and driven IMO.
And that brings up the speed camara debate that can't spot the drunk / drugged up driver.
No Easy Answers ! Education, Education, Education thumbs

@Grumpyowl wrote:
Yes you should be in jail,
BUT why do we still keep letting high profile CELEBS off with a slap on the wrist.
Paul Gascoigne for eg, again last week.
What kind of message is that sending out?

The Alcohol limit should be Zero, and 5 yers Jail minimum with no maximum term.

I couldnt agree more Grumpy. I am an hgv driver and today was our last day in work before xmas. We finished at 2pm and by 2.15 most were in the pub because the boss was buying the drinks. The same boss that gave me a written warning for not wearing a seat belt in my truck, but he sees nothing wrong in buying his workers (drivers included) drinks. Of the 20 or so that went to the pub at least 15 were driving home!!! Stupidity of the highest order

dont think anyone can say they have never committed a driveing offence

if you aint been caught,ya just lucky

A drink driver hit my cousin mother in-law a few years ago,as she was putting stuff in the boot of her car,she will never walk again

The driver didnt even do a year inside,if you ask me five years wouldnt have been long enough

the video certainly makes ya think doesnt it

very difficult about the speeding though. how many points you have on your license doesnt say anything amount how many times you've been speeding, only how many times you've been caught.

im no angel, like most drivers on the road but I can honestly say I've slowed down in the 30s and 40s in the last year and feel much better for it