Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
smilinjack

Born under a bad sign

Regulars on here know of my recent trials & tribulations which have dogged me most of this year. Although this is not actually me, my mum & dad's had a burst pipe which has literally dumped the contents of the loft into the lounge, along with rather a lot of water. So they've got no ceiling, a soaked carpet, and of course everyone's packing up for Xmas. Off up there tomorrow (they live near Barnsley) to see what's to do. A few jobs I'm not going to complete before the break, but there's obviously no choice. As the song goes, if it wasn't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all.

bad news,you aint killed a robin have ya

hope ya get things sorted

Sorry to hear your going through the mill at the moment hope next year is better for you than the last thumbs

@lee wrote:
bad news,you aint killed a robin have ya

hope ya get things sorted

I don't know how many times I've said that very thing Lee-"I must have shot a robin". As Nietzsche would tell us though, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Mind you, he spent 11 years catatonic! Very Happy

Hey Dave I can't sleep worrying about the parents, having no money, yadda yadda just made a nice cup of tea so if it's anything like Eastenders it's all gonna be OK now Very Happy

Nice song Alan but Im sorry to hear all your tribulations worrying times m8 hope things workout ok
and your luck changes soon

Bloodyhell mate feel for them, hope you and your family have better luck in 2011 thumbs

sister emailed me a pic of mum's lounge after the "event". How's that two days before Xmas? Good news is the claim's approved & work should start next week

words fail me
still goo news that the claim is approved but what a bloody rave for them in winter

sister emailed me a pic of mum's lounge after the "event". How's that two days before Xmas? Good news is the claim's approved & work should start next week

Shit... and heres me moaning about having no water for a couple of days, hope they get it sorted soon for them mate thumbs