Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bezzer

I give up with bike shops, it's online from now on.

Whenever I can I use local dealers and shops for bike bits especially service stuff, they're usually a touch dearer but it supports local business but after yesterdays experience I give in and will use online from now on.
Went to DK Motorcycles as unfortunately they are now the official Suzuki dealer for the area. Wanted plugs and filters, they'd got the plugs and OE oil filter but only do air filters to order!!!. FFS 600 and 1200 Bandits use the same filter and together must be the most popular type and an officlal dealer can't even be bothered to stock them, you'd think they'd at least have the odd one and just replace each time.
So on to Bassetts a general bike shop that I've had OE Suzuki stuff from in the past but you're always guaranteed to be served by an arsehole who tries to show you his "superior" knowledge.
"Have you got an air filter for a K4 1200 Bandit please"
Got his book out and said
"What year?"
"It's a K4 model"
"But what's the registration year?"
"That doesn't matter it's an actual K4, 04 model"
"Yes it does, it could be a re registered grey import"
"Err no it couldn't, a grey import is a bike that wasn't originally imported here, you mean a parallel import, but that doesn't matter a K4 model Bandit is a K4 Bandit wherever it's from,if it was a late registered import it could be the wrong year for bits if you go by the plate"

At that he walked off chuntering and came back with a filter box with "early model Bandit" written on it.
I just said "That won't fit mate and walked out"
So that's it for me online shopping from now on, ordered the air filter when I got in and got it this morning. It's no wonder shops are shutting one after the other you'd think they would make some effort to get and keep a customer base.

Guest Guest

same as you m8 thumbs
only hope when the shops all shut prices dont rocket

also do most off my own repairs feck paying £35/40 hr. as half the time its not even done right

Guest Guest

The lovely lady at Robinsons Foundary is very helpful and knowledgeable... I also recommend Wemoto and Moorespeedracing thumbs

I do here you there mate, its the same with alot of stores you go to now, not just bike shops, ive worked with the public ever since i left school and will admit that from time to time a customer will come in and now there stuff.
When my wife finally gave in and said she would like to jump on the back of me bike, i took her down to swindons GW to get her some gear in there new retail shop.
Cut a long story short, she obviously wanted a new lid, so i approached the desk to ask for a tape to measure her head, now bearing in mind i now if an helmet fits but being it was the wifes first i wanted a rough idea of sizes.
Chappy said no mate what do you want that for.
I said to measure wifes head etc etc
He said if it fits your head and you can do it up, thats the size you want.
i said really can you show me.
He said no sorry mate im new here, thats what theyve told me to say on helmet section....

I didnt say anything to the young lad, i just said thanks and left it at that... but how shocking that a company like that allows its staff to be given wrong info on such a serious subject, thankgod i knew what i was doing thumbs

I agree I went in to Yam dealer to get some spark plugs as no one else in the area had any I may have worn a bell and shouted leper I will never go there again........

cant agree more with you m8, It dosn't matter what shop you go in to and for what product , nobody seems to know anything about the product they are selling , You ask them if they can give you some advice on something you are buying and they go and read of the box what it is about , just like you have just done confused

Guest Guest
there are still some good ones out there, my local suzuki/kwack dealer has a wicked team working there and can't do enough to help you... I've even been down there to borrow their tools - top guys

its a shame really. you'd have thought places would be trying to make an effort since they're struggling so much though.

I mainly shop online for bike parts, but when I do shop locally I've always been pleased with the service. thumbsthumbs

i normally buy online but sometimes shop local but the service often has an air of cant be arsed about it,i usually go to our local heine gericke i know the manager and a couple other lads there and always get a cuppa. thumbs

Im another one who buys his bike parts online.I seem to know more than the shop bods..Not good..The shop bods are kids or blokes that dont seem to know there bikes.
Theres always the exception, but its my experiance.

NoZ wrote:
there are still some good ones out there, my local suzuki/kwack dealer has a wicked team working there and can't do enough to help you... I've even been down there to borrow their tools - top guys
Yea i agree and im an helpful man too thumbs i try and be proffesional with every customer it goes a long way, like you said youll always go back there thumbs

I went into a local (non bike) shop with my mate and the 2 staff were chopsing so I waited and waited then said out loud to my mate "can you see me", "yesmate" "thank f**k for that I thought I was invisible" with that they decided to bother serving me.
I always think if you don't like being polite and helpful, fair does just don't work in a fooking shop!