Please do not use an email address as your username. If you have, please change your username. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Now i have my springs sorted, whats the best brake pads for my Gsf 1200 bandit ? and best place again to get them from ? I only have normal pads in at the mo. but was thinking of sintered confused

look forward to your replys guys

tbh dave I would think about braided lines first
and see how that affects the braking, sintered pads while being very good
do increase the wear rate on your disc's

@Neill wrote:
thumbs
tbh i have never felt like my brakes would not stop me, It was only after test riding last year that i realised that the brakes where sharper on the new bikes, My Suzuki shop/mechanic did say why do you want your brakes to be sharper if they still stop you, so maybe i just want some new normal pads , dont know Huh

Sintered pads tend to increase disc wear. For how you ride Dave I'd go with EBC organic. I use them in both bikes and like the feel, and no prob about stopping the bikes in my experience. People often mistakenly believe that more "sporty" pads will stop them better, but it could even be the opposite if you don't use them properly ie HARD. Same with tyres, you need to take account of your riding style when making your choice. Smile

Sintered pads tend to increase disc wear. For how you ride Dave I'd go with EBC organic. I use them in both bikes and like the feel, and no prob about stopping the bikes in my experience. People often mistakenly believe that more "sporty" pads will stop them better, but it could even be the opposite if you don't use them properly ie HARD. Same with tyres, you need to take account of your riding style when making your choice. Smile
thumbs and what do you mean like i ride ? fofl

@Neill wrote:

I agree with Neill, braided lines are the 1st mod you should do , you will be suprised how much these improve the feel of the brakes.

@jezza wrote:
@Neill wrote:

I agree with Neill, braided lines are the 1st mod you should do , you will be suprised how much these improve the feel of the brakes.
cheers Jezza no1

ring hel direct , check bandit owners club as you may get discount through them.

HEL direct for my B12 brake and clutch lines.
did go with 2 front lines originally.

But put 30mm bar risers on so had to swap back and buy shorter over mudguard 2nd line which IMO looks nicer running over the guard with clear covers (bit more bling).

Also put new stainless blead nipples all round.(inc clutch)

also have SBS sintered pads all round all sorted nice set up thumbs

@jezza wrote:
ring hel direct , check bandit owners club as you may get discount through them.

@Grumpyowl wrote:
HEL direct for my B12 brake and clutch lines.
did go with 2 front lines originally.

But put 30mm bar risers on so had to swap back and buy shorter over mudguard 2nd line which IMO looks nicer running over the guard with clear covers (bit more bling).

Also put new stainless blead nipples all round.(inc clutch)

also have SBS sintered pads all round all sorted nice set up thumbs

Thanks Lads no1

braided lines, sintered pads, a fluid change and you will see a big difference, i also replaced the 4 pot Nissans with a set of 6 pot tokies, i find this set up a vast improvement on how it came from Mr Suzuki.

in regards to the 6 potters there is split opinion whether they are better than the 4 pots but i can only speak from my own experience and the 6 potters dont fade and are very powerful. Cool

@Davehutch wrote:
are these what i want then ? and would you go for clear ?

http://helperformance.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=145_187&products_id=9578

Stainless fittings and i would personally go for the 2-line race fittings but the oem style fittings will work as well, its just personal preference.

like these Rob ? and there cheaper , can they be fitted just as easy ?

http://helperformance.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=145_187&products_id=9577

them are the ones Dave, you will prob have to source a clip or two to hold the lines, if u cant be fussed with getting the clips go for the oem set up. easy to fit, the hard part is getting the brakes bled properly, it can go like clockwork or it can be a right sod if you get an air lock in there.

them are the ones Dave, you will prob have to source a clip or two to hold the lines, if u cant be fussed with getting the clips go for the oem set up. easy to fit, the hard part is getting the brakes bled properly, it can go like clockwork or it can be a right sod if you get an air lock in there.
Cheers m8 thumbs

mine were easy to fit dave and they bled easily one point to watch out for is the kit that i bought had the wrong stainless bolts that go through the banjo fittings they were similar but the thread was different maybe mk 1 and mk 2 are different pitch on the calipers thumbs

ive just overhauled my front calipers new seals etc fitted armstrong green organic pads and braided hoses on my b6,took her out for a test yesterday pulled the brake lever in hard and the back end lifted Shocked so a deffo improvement over stock thumbs

Keep us posted Dave with costs and how well it goes, this is on my to do list also