Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
trebor4460

oil catch can

Finished fitting crankcase and cam cover breather pipes to a custom oil catch can tday, pipes were a bit of a biatch to cut but all sorted in the end. Just waiting for a chrome pipe clip to hold the two pipes together.

for you guys who are wondering what this bit of kit does, it relieves the crank case pressure, not a problem on standard Bandits but if your motors tuned, mines dynoed at 110 bhp at the back wheel still useing the standard air box, and plans to get 130 bhp out of her, then this mod will come into its own.

also looks cool when the old Bandit gets hot, and these motors do run hot, to see the vapours pouring out the can vents. Cool

anyways, heres a little vid if any of you guys are interested in this mod. Smile

Finished fitting crankcase and cam cover breather pipes to a custom oil catch can tday, pipes were a bit of a biatch to cut but all sorted in the end. Just waiting for a chrome pipe clip to hold the two pipes together.

for you guys who are wondering what this bit of kit does, it relieves the crank case pressure, not a problem on standard Bandits but if your motors tuned, mines dynoed at 110 bhp at the back wheel still useing the standard air box, and plans to get 130 bhp out of her, then this mod will come into its own.

also looks cool when the old Bandit gets hot, and these motors do run hot, to see the vapours pouring out the can vents. Cool

anyways, heres a little vid if any of you guys are interested in this mod. Smile

130bhp is easily got on that motor , stage 3 dyno jet it and a set of k&ns get rid of standard airbox

westcoast, tried and failed miserably twice now trying to ditch the air box, once with cones and once with pods, Sad
Failed on both try's, I'm no novice when it comes to carbs but my 12 just don't like running smooth without the box on.

Needed dyno time so I could see the fueling map but was skint at the time, got close on the last try but still had a hole so put the box back on and rejeted to suit, it's smooth as a baby's bot now pulling clean from 1500 to the red at a dynoed 110.

When I got the front suspension summat like I am defo goin to turn my attention to the motor again, will be happy with 130 bhp and torque in the high 80s, party

A nice set of usd forks Matt, gixer 1100m if I could get my hands on a suitable pair but getting as rare as rocking horse sh** Sad
Lookin to keep my wavy discs and 6 Potters so that wil limit my options, if I cant get any then buss front and radials but that's gonna get pricy...

nice one rob. 1100 would be ideal if you can find some. will keep my eyes peeled for you. thumbs

the radial stuff is nice, but forks are very short. good excuse to get a nice billet stepped top yoke though I guess foodI love you

nice one rob. 1100 would be ideal if you can find some. will keep my eyes peeled for you. thumbs

the radial stuff is nice, but forks are very short. good excuse to get a nice billet stepped top yoke though I guess foodI love you

Cheers m8, like u say most of the new stuff will drop the front considerably and not really be sprung or damped for the big heavy 12

Another option will be to get my forks re- valved and sprung and mirror polished, I might very well go for this option. thumbs

may be an idea mate. too many bandits around with USDs at the moment Very Happy plus a damn sight cheaper!

I'd go with this option too keep some of the original looks thumbs

can't be arsed to change my forks as i've done all the internals, may polish them in the near future though, got the catch can on mine as well trebor , its a nice mod. thumbs

Catch Can looks good mate thumbs
Have you gone for K+N panel and airbox mod, or is the 110bhp on std panel and box ?
put K+N in mine drilled 2nd airhole next to original... chucked away silly rubber trumpet.... massive midrange boost Very Happy

K& n panel filter, tried 2 inch hole mod and had carbonation probs again.
To be honest most peeps do engine mods and just live with the holes in the power curve, I prefer to have a nice smooth delivery.

Next time I attck the motor I will defo do it in conjunction with runs on a dyno.

When I did my dyno run I lost out on max bhp as I had a missfire right on peak power which clearly showed up on the graph, dude said I lost 5 bhp right there, since then I have tweaked the carbs as his advice, and hopefuly sorted the misfire out, dyno coils might help too, so would be interesting to do a power run again..... Same dyno of course cos I hear a lot of dynes are, shal we say, inconsitent Very Happy

Not too sure about USD forks. I think it makes the front end too low & hunched visually the bike looses something.

@darkember wrote:
Not too sure about USD forks. I think it makes the front end too low & hunched visually the bike looses something.

Your right, all the gixxer forks are short except the gixxer 1100 forks which are longer than the 750s.
A stepped yolk would get over this but an expensive route. Sad