KTM 990 SUPERMOTO-T

BEST CRUISER/ RETRO
TRIUMPH ROCKET III

BEST SPORTS TOURER
BMW1300S

BEST TOURER
BMW1200RT

Interesting list of bikes I think I agree with most of it. thumbs

I'm taking the BMW K1300s out on a test ride on Saturday from Pidcock’s, as I have the K1200s at the moment it should be interesting comparing the differences.

E.Goldsiten “They are watching you” Suspect

@Stue11 wrote:
Think BMW have taken over thumbs good bikes though thumbs

That new BMW 6 cyl 1600 gt sports tourer looks awsome but £16k+ ouch
thumbs

The Rider Power survey makes interesting reading but is a bit unrepresentative as it relies on readers response to their questionaire and what's good to one person might be different to someone else

@Grumpyowl wrote:
@Stue11 wrote:
Think BMW have taken over thumbs good bikes though thumbs

That new BMW 6 cyl 1600 gt sports tourer looks awsome but £16k+ ouch
thumbs
Yea they are pricey Very Happythumbs

Got to take your hat off to what bmw have done and have put alot of money into there bikes and into the racing side also.

I’d find the money one way or another if they do an S version of the 6-Cylinder K1600GT/ GTL

"Humm 6 cylinder smooothnes" mbike

E.Goldsiten “They are watching you”Suspect

Right then off to test the BMW K1300s at Pidcock BMW Very Happy , the weather looks a bit on the cool side and a bit grey but a least it’s dry!

E.goldstein “They are watching you”Suspect

Right then off to test the BMW K1300s at Pidcock BMW Very Happy , the weather looks a bit on the cool side and a bit grey but a least it’s dry!

Let us know how you get on thumbs

So I have taken the BMWK1300s out for an hour or so from Pidcock’s BMW. I planned myself a little route, Long Eaton B6540 onto the A50 North to junction 3 left to Swarkeston A514 then onto Melbourne onto the A453 Breedon on the Hill onto Lount, quick U turn and back up to the junction near to Melbourne and back to Lount twice. Anyone who knows the road will understand why I picked that bit of road to test a bike for handling. “see map” So having done a few runs, picking up on the way the engine and gear box felt I did a couple of runs in the same gear to get a good feel for the suspension and handling.

I have owned my K1200s for about four years and in that time I have only done 2300 miles, mainly due to a broken leg for about 2 years and not being able to get out! Doh! However I have done some long trips on it, down to Malaga and back to Leicester last year and round the Alsace France/Switzerland and back into France and home two years ago. Over to Boppard in Germany for a five day biking trip, as well as mad ride outs with some of my mates that have 1000 super sport’s, so I have a good feel for the bike.

On my K1200s at European motorway speeds the bike is doing about 300RPM, less than the K1300s which I was surprised at around town, I find on the K12 third gear is nice to keep a steady 30MPH but on the K13s I found fourth a better gear as the throttle felt a bit snatchy in third however; the K13s has a better throttle response overall, but there was a bit of a lag when I wound the throttle on fast, my K has an Akrapovic end can and K&N air filters which makes the power come in very quickly, I would hazard a guess that the same would be true in the K13 if it had the same upgrades.

This is only my opinion having been riding bikes since I was 16 and owned quite a few bikes from 50’s to the BMW.

K1200s Out of 10
Engine: 8
Gear Box: 6.5
Suspension/ Handling: 6
Controls: 8
Kit level: 8
Comfort: 8
Price when I bought it: 6

K1300s out of 10
Engine: 9
Gear Box: 8
Suspension/ Handling: 7
Controls: 7
Kit level: 9
Comfort: 8
Price if I go for a second hand one: 8

So will I be getting one? YES thumbs.

Will I be getting one next weekend?

Well I would love to, but having turned the sofa upside down and looked under the car seat I have not found the extra £8000 I would need on top of my bike to get the one at Pidcock’s.

glad you liked it thumbs I felt like that last year after testing the speed triple , thats why i have spent a bit on mine this year instead of spending £8,300 i spent £500 party

@Davehutch wrote:
glad you liked it thumbs I felt like that last year after testing the speed triple , thats why i have spent a bit on mine this year instead of spending £8,300 i spent £500 party

Fair play on you Dave, I am not too sure what extras I could put on the K12 to make it much better, Turbo maybe! Humm boost, ok not an option in this reality!

More saving I think affraid

Having never even sat on a BMW I will take you word for it that one is better than the other but is it really £8000 better? Don't forget to post pics if you get one