Please do not use an email address as your username. If you have, please change your username. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
richg

bandit seat recover

just pulled the old seat cover of my bandit seat and will have a go later at fitting a new one made from leatherette fabric from dunelm mill. the fabric is exactly the same and cost me £6.99 for a metre off the roll. cant see there being any problems but if anyone knows different please let me know.

the best advice i can give you is to get a staple gun thats up to the job, a lot of guns struggle with the plastic base, get a gud electric gun and its quite an easy job. thumbs

good luck, post some piccies when you sort it thumbs

I used the same stuff from the same place as our Emma worked there till 6 months back, so I know it's been on my bike that long, open to all the eliments as I use my Bandit 365 days a year if I can...easy to fit a thumbs

I did two seats with what I bought for £6.99... thumbs

finally got round to fitting the new cover today (taken a while as i had to repair my air tacker after it decided to give up in the middle of a job) it was a really easy job took about 10 minutes in total to do. not much point in pictures cos it looks exactly the same as it did before but without the split at the front. The new leatherette is much softer than the original. definately need a good tacker I borrowed a mates cheap electric one and it would not fire through the plastic but my decent air one made light work of it.