Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

Anyone used/got a Viper RS-V131?

Guest Guest

Hi,
Think I'm going to want a new lid in a few months that will let me play music, use phone and flip front. Want Pinlock as well but still looking around at the after market kits for that. Spotted the VIPER RS-V131 BLUETOOTH 4 for about £140 anyone got one or used one?

Found this on youtube as well:

I got one at christmas, crackin helmet, bluetooth really good.I'm looking for a 12v charger to use when touring but can't find one. Anybody know of a universal one that will fit? Viper don't make one for this model yet

Guest Guest
@andyhutch wrote:
I got one at christmas, crackin helmet, bluetooth really good.I'm looking for a 12v charger to use when touring but can't find one. Anybody know of a universal one that will fit? Viper don't make one for this model yet

How do you find the helmet at speed? I know my present helmet needs plugs because of the airflow going underneath but I'm hoping the Viper is a lot better.

Guest Guest
@andyhutch wrote:
speakers are great even at speed, not used it over about 90 though

I'm not too far from you may have to meet up and check it out. I've short listed about 3 helmets and got someone on eBay that can do me the Viper with Pinlock for £149. thumbs

Hawki wrote:
@andyhutch wrote:
speakers are great even at speed, not used it over about 90 though

I'm not too far from you may have to meet up and check it out. I've short listed about 3 helmets and got someone on eBay that can do me the Viper with Pinlock for £149. thumbs

Paid about £140 for mine on ebay. there is helmet noise at speed but you can still hear warnings from tomtom. Music clear upto about 65-70 , thats on 75% volume, from iphone. For a decent phone conversation I would say about 50mph, only used this once though but the recipient didn't know i was on handsfree on a bike, and my side was very clear. I would certainly recommend thie viper, but, having said that, I dont have anything to compare it with.

Ive got one of these a Viper RS V99 brilliant helmet i use ear plugs and can still hear phone ok. Great company to deal with fast delivery thumbs
I had an Arashi Flip helmet with the same bluetooth unit but only 1 speaker build quality not as good got it at the right price £50 from Ghost Bikes not in stock anymore now £100 plus on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VIPER-RS-V99-BLUETOOTH-2-CRUISE-MOTORBIKE-HELMET-59-99-/140541170455?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Helmets&hash=item20b8e81317#ht_839wt_1139

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ARASHI-888-FLIP-FRONT-MOTORCYCLE-CRASH-HELMET-WHITE-L-/270612265943?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Helmets&hash=item3f01bf7bd7#ht_1692wt_1139

@andyhutch wrote:

I had the same issue with charging it on the road, often do several thousand mile trips etc... my solution was to buy a spare mains charger from Viper for the plug, and an old USB charger cable swapped the ends over after checkng the current pin outs with a multimeter and have a 12volt cigarette lighter to USB adapter I use for charging phones etc. with me anyway so it's just the cable thats needed. Voltage is the same as the mains charger, and it has worked fine for 2 years now.

@Chief wrote:
@andyhutch wrote:

I had the same issue with charging it on the road, often do several thousand mile trips etc... my solution was to buy a spare mains charger from Viper for the plug, and an old USB charger cable swapped the ends over after checkng the current pin outs with a multimeter and have a 12volt cigarette lighter to USB adapter I use for charging phones etc. with me anyway so it's just the cable thats needed. Voltage is the same as the mains charger, and it has worked fine for 2 years now.

i hear you chif but would it be easier to just connect a cigarette lighting unit instead of a usb end? I just got the helmet myself and i was researching this very subject before i bumped into this post. Do you reckon I would need to install a fuse as well

@obalanga wrote:
@Chief wrote:
@andyhutch wrote:

i hear you chif but would it be easier to just connect a cigarette lighting unit instead of a usb end? I just got the helmet myself and i was researching this very subject before i bumped into this post. Do you reckon I would need to install a fuse as well
Hello there,pop a post on our hello section and introduce yourself thumbsthumbs