Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
always1more

Lost my vacuum cap today grrrrrrrrr lol.

Set off for a little ride and got a mile down the Road and my bike was acting if it was running on 3 again when I stopped and ticking over. Stopped at the garage for petrol and yupp the effin vacuum cap went west again.

Anyway when I got home I cut a piece of small hose from my carb sync tool and put that on then blanked the end off with a screw and stuck a tie wrap round it to mahe sure it don't pop off again.

Not sure why it's started to do this, I'm thinking the vacuum cap has become lose or something with removing and replacing. When I stuck the new tube on my bike is running fine and no obvious noises from my engine, what do you think chaps and chapettes ?

Got some video to upload aswell when I've sorted them thumbs

I didn't see it this time, was going to turn around see if I could find it, anyway decided to carry on with my ride 40 mile round trip in the sunshine Grumpy Laughing

Thats the way mate keep going mbikembike hopefully sorted it now Tim thumbs

When u put the cap back on did you secure it with the little cir clip that goes with it, if not, then it will. Fly off... I lost the clip on mine and secured the cap with a touch of super glue.

Hiya Rob, yeah it had the clip on m8, I'm stumped as to why one day is ok and today it spat it off again.

Like I say there is no tappety noise from the lump sounds great, the only thing I can say is that when it spat it off again I was like a little pop n fart or backfire, nothing to worry about. So it got me thinking maybe it's because I changed the can, I'll see how it goe's tomorrow, I've put some tight fitting tube on and blanked it off and also tie wrapped it Laughing

If you go in to a decent motor factors and ask for Diesel spill off injector cap Ford Transit or Fiat Doblo they fit and will do as a replacement cost a few pence!Another top tip by the grey haired old geesa! thumbs

If you get stuck shout I might be able to get some this end party

@XS1100 wrote:
If you get stuck shout I might be able to get some this end

I'm shouting please m8

If you could help I'd appreatiate it and will post the readys to you via paypal or whatever you want, can't find them caps here and the guys behind the counter look at me stupid when I asked ShockedLaughing

Note these caps should never fly off. They are vaccum caps therefore they are sucion caps. The carbs if working correctly should be sucking the caps back on not blowing them off.

That's very true m8 and after the advise from Trebor a cpl week back now we tested that they where sucking instead of blowing {ohhh Davina MaColl} Very Happy

I never replaced the one that blew off the other week when the engine coughed and blew the fecker off. Yesterday my make do cap which was a piece of pipe somehow perished so yet again she started to tick over rough.

So seeing as my bike is running spot on now I need new caps to finish the job