Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok I have been doing some shopping around but I am still coming back with needing to spend well over £200 for a pair SadSad of tyres “Michelin Pilot Sport 2CT” so has anyone found someone that they think are cheap? confusedconfused

I am quite happy to fit my own tyres. thumbs

E.goldstein “they watching you”! Suspect

I always use perfomance bike tyres on Oakland road off welford road.For the sake of a few quid ride in have a cuppa tea and ride out with new boots fitted and balanced not wourth mucking about.imho

@XS1100 wrote:
I always use perfomance bike tyres on Oakland road off welford road.For the sake of a few quid ride in have a cuppa tea and ride out with new boots fitted and balanced not wourth mucking about.imho
agree me too thumbs

@XS1100 wrote:

Yep I know what your saying Rob’s a nice guy. thumbs

i tried the michelin sports but they didnt last too long and im quite a smooth rider,i usually use the pilot road 2s.the ace was fitted with new bridgesone 20s when i picked her up dont know anything about them but they seem fine,but as you say its all money.

@dick65 wrote:
i tried the michelin sports but they didnt last too long and im quite a smooth rider,i usually use the pilot road 2s.the ace was fitted with new bridgesone 20s when i picked her up dont know anything about them but they seem fine,but as you say its all money.

I know what your saying I have had both on the K12’s and your right about the Pilot Power 2CT’s I got just over 2500 mile out of a set and over 4000 miles out of the Road’s however I like the grip and feed back from the Powers.

I’ll just have to be smoother! fofl

Anyway Call Rob at R&S £264 affraid fitted.

I tried a set of Maxxis supermax sports tyres on my zzr11 and I'll swear by em from now on thumbs the grip is superb and I know some people use them regularly for trackdays, got mine from an on-line supplier - DK motorcycles who are reasonably priced and deliver within 2 days (more often the very next day!) - the rear has lasted 3500 miles and is just due for replacement, the front isn't even half-worn yet.
They also do a supermax touring tyre which is a little cheaper than the sports version and a friend of mine has them on his rf900 - the touring rears are reputed to last up to 7000+ miles and he says the grip levels are excellent (knee down excellent apparently!)
I think they're definitely worth a look Very Happy

I tried a set of Maxxis supermax sports tyres on my zzr11 and I'll swear by em from now on thumbs the grip is superb and I know some people use them regularly for trackdays, got mine from an on-line supplier - DK motorcycles who are reasonably priced and deliver within 2 days (more often the very next day!) - the rear has lasted 3500 miles and is just due for replacement, the front isn't even half-worn yet.
They also do a supermax touring tyre which is a little cheaper than the sports version and a friend of mine has them on his rf900 - the touring rears are reputed to last up to 7000+ miles and he says the grip levels are excellent (knee down excellent apparently!)
I think they're definitely worth a look Very Happy

agree smae tyres on mine and no issues at all, the B12 chews the rear one up, lasted about a season, prob about 3000 mls. which reminds me i gotta change it soon, Very Happy

Well new tyres fitted Saturday and scrubbed in yesterday did about 70 miles
with Ride Logger running on my Phone max lean angle 39% so they’ll be scrubbed
in now!

But I am away for the next two weekends but not on the bike.

Yep need to get the BM serviced and then off the first weekend in June to Devon and Cornwall for four day biking with my mate Chris.

I could do with doing a few all day trips be for then.thumbs