Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RichardH

bikes on the ferry

I'm going to France in June (whoop), A friend of mine took his bike on the ferry a few years ago and they strapped it down so hard that it broke his rear shock . Anyone had recent experience of bikes on ferries?

I actually carry my own ratchet strap & fix the bike down myself. Never had a problem TBH, it's come a long way since they tied my Z650 chop to the pipework running along the side of the ship affraid
I wouldn't worry too much if it was me mate. thumbsSmile

I have done France and back maey times the only issue I have ever had is when they just give you a bit of crappy rope and point at the tie down hooks on the deck! Or the rusty pipe smilinjack’s is on about! affraid

Most times in the last few years I have been lucky and had a proper bike slot, it looks like a bike trailer without wheels it has a V in it once your wheels are in a strap is all most unneeded, but still take one of them, I always tie my own bike down in gear and on the side stand “not that I have a centre stand”. I always take a couple of strong elastic bands to put round the front brake!

PS: PMed you some stuff thumbs

E.Goldstein “They are watching you” Suspect

I took my bike to Ireland last year and the blokes were great the bike was tied down safely no issues

Guest Guest
Tunnels a lot easier if you can do it and cheeper too if you do the timings right. Not much help I know!!