Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

CB 1300

Guest Guest
I'm still ooing and ahhing over whether this might be my second bike.

Any views on it, what do you think of it etc etc.

I won't be buying new and I'll be test riding one soon as well.

I'm just interested in opionions.

Cheers

Well as far as I can say it is everything the Bandit is not.

Comfy, powerfull, Honda quality build, reliable. But one thing it wont have is any SOUL. It may well bore you abit like James May on Top Gear. Rolling EyesRolling Eyes

I like them Rose, so long as it doesn't have that ugly fairing on. Might be a bit tall for you? but every test seems to come out impressed with them. Strike me as a bit overpriced but if I wanted a modern take on the naked musclebike, I'd be sniffing round one. Smile

lovely looking bike but id rather go for the yamaha xjr 1300,have heard the honda gearbox is a bit hit and miss plus the front ends a bit vague also the s versions supposed to be better than the naked version,let us know how you get on with it thumbs

Guest Guest
It would be the S version.

I could flat foot it nearly at the show and that was without fuel.

I know what you mean about the soul. I had a cbf500. Great bike, easy to ride, look after, bullet proof. But and its a big but it was really boring!! It did what it said on the tin IFYKWIM.

I will have a test ride as soon as. I'm only looking at spending around £4000, so not getting a new one.

@dick65 wrote:
lovely looking bike but id rather go for the yamaha xjr 1300,have heard the honda gearbox is a bit hit and miss plus the front ends a bit vague also the s versions supposed to be better than the naked version,let us know how you get on with it thumbs

I agree with the gearbox thing Dick...My fireblades one is shit....clunky and misses third and fourth

@wellsey wrote:
@dick65 wrote:

I agree with the gearbox thing Dick...My fireblades one is shit....clunky and misses third and fourth
Bloodhell Wellsey she aint that old neither is she Shocked

@Stue11 wrote:
@wellsey wrote:
@dick65 wrote:

No shes not Stue and only 11000 miles on the clock...Apparentley its a common fault in the Honda gearbox....Surely a big concern like Honda should put this right.....

@wellsey wrote:
@Stue11 wrote:
@wellsey wrote:
@dick65 wrote:

No shes not Stue and only 11000 miles on the clock...Apparentley its a common fault in the Honda gearbox....Surely a big concern like Honda should put this right.....
Id have thought so mate for sure thats not good Sad

My mates got one, had it about 6 yrs now Red/White naked.
The only real problem was the TPS sensor which I think has been a common fault.
His Honda dealer had it in nearly a month trying to fix it and trying to get Honda to pay on warranty (no chance). and finished up wanting over £1k to replace the knackered parts he did manage to get the part off ebay very cheap the guy selling didn't realise what a pot of gold he'd got for sale so let it go for peanuts.
Its been ok since very smooth engine Quality finish over the Bandit.

But Its a Heavy Big Lump.

When you buy check out about that sensor thumbs