Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
darkember

The big VTwin

Anybody here have or have had any experience riding a big Vtwins. Now I don't me a large chop. I need info on bikes like the TL's/SV's & VTR's.

dont know much about them except the early tl had a bit of a reputation!

Guest Guest
test rode some tlr's and an rsv. the tl was a great bike but snachy fueling and a little too viney at low revs, the rsv was epic but to hard on the wrists and a little to tall. the engines on both pull like a train below 6k and arnt to shabby abouve and the engine breaking makes riding them in the twistys a bit more enjoyable then a classic inline 4. both seemed well built.

Your not getting rid of ya B12 surely wil Sad

V Twins,More torque than you can shake a stick at. Nice

@Stue11 wrote:

My riding style might dictate that question Stue. I like to use engine braking as my main form of slowing down, this helps to keep concentration levels high & early conering judgement.

@darkember wrote:
@Stue11 wrote:

My riding style might dictate that question Stue. I like to use engine braking as my main form of slowing down, this helps to keep concentration levels high & early conering judgement.
thumbs

@darkember wrote:
@Stue11 wrote:

Ive only ridden the sv1000 and she was awesome i understand were your coming from mate, best of luck with whatever you choose to do, ps dont forget to let us all know what you find and may purchase ie pics etc etc thumbs

@Stue11 wrote:
@darkember wrote:
@Stue11 wrote:

Ive only ridden the sv1000 and she was awesome i understand were your coming from mate, best of luck with whatever you choose to do, ps dont forget to let us all know what you find and may purchase ie pics etc etc thumbs
agreeagree Pics and info are a must lol thumbs

You dont say how much your budget is but look at KTMs offerings.
The KTM 950 SuperMoto is a stonking bike and very comfortable along with the 990 Superduke, i have had both and would choose the 950SM over the SD anyday.
The TL1000S is not as bad as some people make out, but the TL1000R is better, the rear suspension got redesigned, and is a cracking bike, i just wish i had spent a bike longer with mine.
The Aprilia RSV..well what can i say...you can pick one up for £2K and its a bargin!
a few issues to be aware of, reg/rec units, Starter solenoids and the dreaded starter sprag clutch, but its only on earlier bikes, but its a mega reliable bike (touch wood!)
in fact the biggest problem you will have is wiping the silly big grin off your face!
also look at the Falco which is the sports touring version, with a re-tuned engine (more midrange) and more comfort.
and not to forget the Tuono...a RSV without a fairing...
I have a 2001 RSV and its a mega bike..fooking crippling and low speeds, very tall (i have lowered the ride height on the rear.) but its batshit mental!
I have ordered a "streetfighter" top yoke conversion for mine as i prefer the more upright postion.
best thing to do is go ride one!